GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vietcong - Amazing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Vietcong'.
Sun 25/05/03 at 00:04
Regular
I got Vietcong today and all I can say is "wow". I've been playing the demo for a few weeks and it's nice to have all of the maps, servers without lag and of course (how could I forget? :P) the single-player mode.

Even on my dated GeForce 2, although it is a bit dodgy warming up, it's still a joy to watch and now I really cannot wait for my new computer complete with a GeForce 4.

I'm only at the end of level two and having played the online mode for a good 5 or 6 hours today, I can officially say that this game owns :D
Tue 27/05/03 at 21:40
Regular
2000 players playing TO...
overall Ut has more players than americas army.. and vietcong has almost 2000 players at the moment most of them CTF.
Mon 26/05/03 at 08:31
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
A-greed.

:0D
Mon 26/05/03 at 01:05
Regular
Cs on X-box wont be as good as the CS 2 on the PC but i doubt it'll come out before Half life 2. I think a Tactical ops on the UT2003 engine would be able to compete well.. but in my opinion Tac ops has more action, is overall more fun to play and looks better as it uses the Unreal Engine.
Mon 26/05/03 at 00:56
Regular
So ancient? CS is fantastic. Its very realistic and if you get some decent people to team up with then the game steps into its own. It manages to create the perfect ballance between graphics, gameplay and sound without really making one of them look any less impressive than the other. CS on the Xbox is going to have a few upgrades, the 5.1 will play a major part, the imporved graphical engine will stop any of the characters falling through walls when they die and they are making the Xbox controller very user friendly. I for one can't wait for CS on the Xbox but I suppose the biggest leap will be Counter Strike 2 with the Half Life 2 engine, that is something worth waiting for!
Mon 26/05/03 at 00:48
Regular
At the moment CS has 60000 players that's amazing but the games so ancient o_O
Sun 25/05/03 at 11:44
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Yeah, TO owns CS :)
Sun 25/05/03 at 02:00
Regular
Yes you are right but, to me TO is better than CS but it's still more popular than Tactical ops for some reason.
But Vietcong needs more players, to become a to succesful online game rather than Battlefield 1942, UT2003 and Counterstrike.
Heck the game can be as good as the people who bothered buying it says but all these negative reviews will put off anyone who plays these 3 popular online games. Most first person shooters on the pc if a game has a good single player campaign once we are finished with that we look to (if the game has it) the online gaming part of the game, if it's good and you like the community you start to play it more often.
But Vietcong may have small online community no matter what, thanks to these negative reviews. People are probably missing out on a great game but if raven shields' community is big, if the game is playable and the community is fun then people will play it and most likely buy it because of good reviews. Some games that are giving good reviews can even turn out worse than it is.
It might become a Tactical ops but enjoy Vietcong :)
I may be joining in about half a month if the bad programming by ubisoft with raven shield is true.
Sun 25/05/03 at 01:37
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Is this VC or RS? Hey Sniper, Tactical Ops doesn't have much more than 1000, does it?
Sun 25/05/03 at 01:33
Regular
Sounds quite good ... i might get this and sell raven shield but i want the community to grow...
999 players at the moment on gamespy stats (which handles the servers for most games) it needs more to be successful.
Sun 25/05/03 at 00:04
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I got Vietcong today and all I can say is "wow". I've been playing the demo for a few weeks and it's nice to have all of the maps, servers without lag and of course (how could I forget? :P) the single-player mode.

Even on my dated GeForce 2, although it is a bit dodgy warming up, it's still a joy to watch and now I really cannot wait for my new computer complete with a GeForce 4.

I'm only at the end of level two and having played the online mode for a good 5 or 6 hours today, I can officially say that this game owns :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.