GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Site Needs Beta Testers! Chance To Win Real Money!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/10 at 15:57
Regular
Hey guys so ive been doing a project lately which im hoping to find beta testers for. The website is very plain and i would like an opinion on the site before continuing to add graphics.

The website is very simple and i'll explain exactly how it will work for everyone.

After sign up each user will be given one free guess every month. To make that guess the user will first need to fill out a completely FREE 2 minute survey, after that guess a number and wait for the winner to be chosen.

It appeals to everyone over the age of 18 as a PayPal account is required in order to receive the winning funds! The website and winnings are funded by the users completing the surveys in which are provided before being able to make their first guess, after the first guess is used and the survey filled in, an extra FREE guess will be given to anyone who refers 3 friends! all referrals must take atleast 1 guess in order for them to count.

The purpose of this beta test is in order to find bugs and therefore any bugs in which are found please post here so we can get straight on them. This is an easy way to make some money for only 2 minutes of work.

A winner will be chosen after 50 guesses have been taken and no sooner! In the instance in which you win, you will be contacted via the email address in which you registered with requesting the email address (PayPal username) you wish the prize funds to go to.

This competition is world wide and thus anyone can sign up free of charge, the website address is:

http://jmeproductions.co.cc/user/guessandwin/

some minor updates will be added throughout tomorrow however these will not be noticeable or effect the beta testing in any way. In the instance that a winner is chosen in which does not have a valid PayPal account, a runner up will be chosen and contacted instead.

So how is the winner chosen? After 50 guesses have been made, our servers will randomly generate numbers until a winner is found. In the case that you do win you will be contacted within 24 hours requesting your PayPal information.

Please everyone feel free to join and test to make some free money.

This months competition:

Prize: 1 x £10 payout via paypal
Numbers: 1 - 50
Competition End: Once all 50 numbers have been guessed

Thank you for taking your time to read this everyone and i look forward to hearing from you

Regards,
Scott
Thu 10/06/10 at 16:07
Regular
"How Ironic"
First time I've ever been able be say this first on a forum.

Epic Fail.

:)
Thu 10/06/10 at 14:43
Regular
I'm surprised this didn't get deleted straight away.

If you want a website, just tell the designer to do it for free and he'll get experience and lots of exposure. So really you're doing him a favour.
Thu 10/06/10 at 14:36
"Are you sure?"
Garin wrote:
> Amusing little story....

:¬)

He did say sorry!

I thought some of my clients were cheeky but this makes them look rather good :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 10/06/10 at 14:15
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Amusing little story....

If you take the URL posted here and search for it in a popular search engine you'll find it posted on another forum. A bit more reading on that forum reveals that Scott has hired somebody to build the site and then declined to pay. Apparently deciding that the idea will no longer work and thus he shouldnt pay.

So much for the assurances about this all being well planned. :)
Tue 08/06/10 at 23:49
Regular
"How Ironic"
That's why I don't do surveys ;P

Reading this thread, I hope you try and make this work. It's a good idea, but surveys always put people off sites. If you can think of a different way to generate cash flow, I'm sure you'll see more success, and if you get rid of surveys, I would definitely consider signing up to your site.
Tue 08/06/10 at 22:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> Did register for your site Scott but did not do any surveys after
> reading this :
>
> By registering and entering your details, you consent to
> Surveys.co.uk and carefully selected 3rd parties contacting you
> about products and/or services that have been selected based on
> your stated interests and responses. This may be via Telephone,
> Mail, SMS or by E-Mail. You also agree to the terms and
> conditions of the prize draws, and the privacy policy that govern
> how your information will be processed.
>
> Doing quick surveys is one thing but being bombarded with
> marketing crap and bugged by calls from people trying to sell you something is quite another.Count me out.

Thanks for the heads up, pete :¬)
Tue 08/06/10 at 21:26
Regular
"I like turtles"
Did register for your site Scott but did not do any surveys after reading this :

By registering and entering your details, you consent to Surveys.co.uk and carefully selected 3rd parties contacting you about products and/or services that have been selected based on your stated interests and responses. This may be via Telephone, Mail, SMS or by E-Mail. You also agree to the terms and conditions of the prize draws, and the privacy policy that govern how your information will be processed.

Doing quick surveys is one thing but being bombarded with marketing crap and bugged by calls from people trying to sell you something is quite another.Count me out.
Tue 08/06/10 at 17:19
Regular
Ok, try registering again please.

Edit: Surveys are what fund the prize money to be paid to the winners.
Tue 08/06/10 at 17:10
Regular
Wow, not a good start at all. Just let my website coder know of the issue and he'll fix that up soon, i'll update when it's done lol.

Just to make it clear. there will only be ONE winner out of the 50 guesses..
Tue 08/06/10 at 16:41
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi Scott,

Go on then mate I'll give it a go.

Look forward to checking my Paypal balance ! :)

EDIT : Yep, another 'Unable to create user' here as well.

Might want to look into that ? :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.