GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Haloween Story"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/11/01 at 01:28
Regular
It was a cold dark night, the darkest halloween I had seen in many many years. I wasnt usually one to be hospitable, I hated trick or treaters, but it was so cold that when that old man knocked on my door I felt obliged to let him in.

I sat him down, we talked over a cup of tea. I introduced myself. He said he had no real name, but he was known by his enemys as XP.

Do you have any children he enquired

"Yes my son David, hes twelve"

Does he like computers he asked

"Yes" I replied

Maybe held like to try this program on his computer, its my latest OS.

I thought well theres no harm in letting David try it, and I accepted the gift. The strange man said if there was any problems I could give him a call, and then he left.

David was excited, his computer now ran 5% fater and crashed only 4 times a week compared to the usual 5 times a week. The world of computing opened up for my son.

50 days later however I got a shock there was a problem, the computer froze. Davids homework vanished, I quickly gave the man a call ... after 30 minutes listening to "The BackStreet Boys Greatest Hits" While on hold the man told me I could get the problem solved by paying a small fee, and selling my soul to satan, um I mean signing up for product activation, and a microsoft passport. Seeing how much David wanted this to work I decided tis was a small price to pay.

Months passed and everything was fine until it became obvious that Davids computer wasnt up to the job, a hardware upgrade was needed and a major motherboard change at that! But then the computer froze again...so again I called the man, on hold I listened to the tunes of "Sting", however I was the one who felt stung.

Soon the software was back up and running.

Later that year David got a second hand laptop so that he could do his work at school. He loaded the OS back onto his laptop and everything was fine, then 50 days later everything went up in smoke again.

After listening to "Ooops I did it again " while on hold for 50 minutes the man told me that I would have to pay another small fee to put the OS on the laptop, oh and another large fee for that Office XP too...

Why I said, why should I pay he cant even use both systems at the same time, itys crazy!

David cried, but soon he had contemplated life without his laptop.

By now however Davids computer was getting on, XP was buggy and had code written into it so that it broke down shortly after release. I called the man he said there was a solution... Microsoft XP Second Edition, which would set me back even more money.

No I said No, HAHAHAHAHAH the man said as if you have a choice, Ive already debitted your account! Nobody can stop me.

If only there was something I could do, but by then it was to late my email account was getting filled with useless offers from Dabs and Debenhams and every peodophile in a 20 mile radius had hacked into my password account to find out the address of my son. uuurrggghh Im tired :-(

HAPPY HALOWEEN :-)
Thu 01/11/01 at 01:28
It was a cold dark night, the darkest halloween I had seen in many many years. I wasnt usually one to be hospitable, I hated trick or treaters, but it was so cold that when that old man knocked on my door I felt obliged to let him in.

I sat him down, we talked over a cup of tea. I introduced myself. He said he had no real name, but he was known by his enemys as XP.

Do you have any children he enquired

"Yes my son David, hes twelve"

Does he like computers he asked

"Yes" I replied

Maybe held like to try this program on his computer, its my latest OS.

I thought well theres no harm in letting David try it, and I accepted the gift. The strange man said if there was any problems I could give him a call, and then he left.

David was excited, his computer now ran 5% fater and crashed only 4 times a week compared to the usual 5 times a week. The world of computing opened up for my son.

50 days later however I got a shock there was a problem, the computer froze. Davids homework vanished, I quickly gave the man a call ... after 30 minutes listening to "The BackStreet Boys Greatest Hits" While on hold the man told me I could get the problem solved by paying a small fee, and selling my soul to satan, um I mean signing up for product activation, and a microsoft passport. Seeing how much David wanted this to work I decided tis was a small price to pay.

Months passed and everything was fine until it became obvious that Davids computer wasnt up to the job, a hardware upgrade was needed and a major motherboard change at that! But then the computer froze again...so again I called the man, on hold I listened to the tunes of "Sting", however I was the one who felt stung.

Soon the software was back up and running.

Later that year David got a second hand laptop so that he could do his work at school. He loaded the OS back onto his laptop and everything was fine, then 50 days later everything went up in smoke again.

After listening to "Ooops I did it again " while on hold for 50 minutes the man told me that I would have to pay another small fee to put the OS on the laptop, oh and another large fee for that Office XP too...

Why I said, why should I pay he cant even use both systems at the same time, itys crazy!

David cried, but soon he had contemplated life without his laptop.

By now however Davids computer was getting on, XP was buggy and had code written into it so that it broke down shortly after release. I called the man he said there was a solution... Microsoft XP Second Edition, which would set me back even more money.

No I said No, HAHAHAHAHAH the man said as if you have a choice, Ive already debitted your account! Nobody can stop me.

If only there was something I could do, but by then it was to late my email account was getting filled with useless offers from Dabs and Debenhams and every peodophile in a 20 mile radius had hacked into my password account to find out the address of my son. uuurrggghh Im tired :-(

HAPPY HALOWEEN :-)
Thu 01/11/01 at 07:42
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Nice story New Jimmy. I thought up a great gag today, which I can use in a halloween story. Nobody steal it please!

*Dark figure walks into a lobby, clad in a trenchcoat. He walks up to the security scanner, where a security guard is sitting*

"Please remove any dairy items that you are bearing", asks the guard.

*The figure then pulls back his trench coat, making the inside of the coat visible, where he has eggs and other dairy items laying. The figure throws the eggs at the guard and picks up his fly swat. He puts a piece of melted cheese on it and fires, hitting the guard square in the face*

"Happy halloween", says the figure, as he walks off into the darkness.

Hope you liked it. Thanks for reading. R@ckstar.
Thu 01/11/01 at 09:14
Regular
Sorry Shaneo was that supposed to be funny?
Thu 01/11/01 at 14:45
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Check out my halloween story, it's a bit longer than this one.

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=23644&forumid=293

remover the space

Enjoy!
Thu 01/11/01 at 14:45
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Check out my halloween story, it's a bit longer than this one.

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=23644&forumid=293

remove the space

Enjoy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.