GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's a sad day for Nintendo!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/10/01 at 23:41
Regular
What am I on about?

Well I'm talking about their unwillingness to give us Brits a definite release date, and letting these rumors of a delay until next summer run rife throughout the world!

I've been a big Nintendo fan all my life and I still am! I just want a Gamecube, and I want one NOW! NOT next summer!

What do Nintendo think they're playing at? Do they really think that they're going to do as well as they possible could if they continue to disappoint the European gamers with constant delay and no information about release dates!

So many people who were definitely going to get Gamecubes have been saying to me that there now going to get PS2's cos there've given up waiting for Nintendo! I'm starting to feel this way myself, and I HATE IT!!!

Why am I having these feelings of VAST annoyance at the big N? Because they don't seem to care about us over here AT ALL! It's just getting REALLY annoying now!

I'm not going to turn to the Dark Side and get a PS2 though! {Don't worry} Yes it's an ooooooooooooooook console. But there's really no games on it that I REALLY want to play. All the games I REALLY REALLY want to play are coming out on the Gamecube and I want it ASAP! So NO! I'm not gonna degrade myself and splash out on a PS2! I'm just gonna wait for Shenmue 2 to come out, and just play all me old games again {or play all these cheap 2nd hand game Iíve been buying } , in wait for that MAGICAL day when the Gamecube is FINALLY released in the UK!

I'm getting really tempted at the moment to just go out and splash out on a GBA! With this huge delay of the GC I think I might have to get one to pass the time. I just find it quite annoying that the prices of the games for that match the price of games for other consoles. And most of the games I've seen for the consoles are just ports of old games! Grrrrr-Arrrrrgh! Why Nintendo, WHY?

:)
Wed 31/10/01 at 23:41
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
What am I on about?

Well I'm talking about their unwillingness to give us Brits a definite release date, and letting these rumors of a delay until next summer run rife throughout the world!

I've been a big Nintendo fan all my life and I still am! I just want a Gamecube, and I want one NOW! NOT next summer!

What do Nintendo think they're playing at? Do they really think that they're going to do as well as they possible could if they continue to disappoint the European gamers with constant delay and no information about release dates!

So many people who were definitely going to get Gamecubes have been saying to me that there now going to get PS2's cos there've given up waiting for Nintendo! I'm starting to feel this way myself, and I HATE IT!!!

Why am I having these feelings of VAST annoyance at the big N? Because they don't seem to care about us over here AT ALL! It's just getting REALLY annoying now!

I'm not going to turn to the Dark Side and get a PS2 though! {Don't worry} Yes it's an ooooooooooooooook console. But there's really no games on it that I REALLY want to play. All the games I REALLY REALLY want to play are coming out on the Gamecube and I want it ASAP! So NO! I'm not gonna degrade myself and splash out on a PS2! I'm just gonna wait for Shenmue 2 to come out, and just play all me old games again {or play all these cheap 2nd hand game Iíve been buying } , in wait for that MAGICAL day when the Gamecube is FINALLY released in the UK!

I'm getting really tempted at the moment to just go out and splash out on a GBA! With this huge delay of the GC I think I might have to get one to pass the time. I just find it quite annoying that the prices of the games for that match the price of games for other consoles. And most of the games I've seen for the consoles are just ports of old games! Grrrrr-Arrrrrgh! Why Nintendo, WHY?

Thu 01/11/01 at 09:49
Regular
Unless the Gamecube get's announced for next September, don't assume that the rumours are true.

It's coming out in March and if not, we'll cross that bridge when we know for sure.
Thu 01/11/01 at 15:56
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Strafex wrote:
> Unless the Gamecube get's announced for next September, don't assume that the
> rumours are true.

It's coming out in March and if not, we'll cross that
> bridge when we know for sure.

Oh dear Lord... Nintendo have delayed the 64, the 64DD (which was the biggest thing ever until it was swept under the carpet), Zelda OTT as well as many of its other products.

The company gave a definate release date for the Japanese and American console launches, but has yet to do this for the UK...

I wonder...

Sonic
Thu 01/11/01 at 16:12
Regular
Well the N64 was awkward to devellop for.

I think that they CAN get the Gamecube in Europe on time.
The only way they won't is if they use the allocation of units to boost stocks in America and Japan.

IF that happens then I'll certainly import but I think they know better than to throw away the European market like that.

Anyway, it'll almost certainly be in the UK by Spring 2002.
Nintendo haven't got an exact release date but it's sure to end up between March and April.
Thu 01/11/01 at 16:22
Regular
kingklik said that he heard a rumour that the GameCube wasn't gonna be released till 2003, I don't belive that.

I want a GC because it has some really good games on, ones that I want like Super Smash Bros., Pikmin, Wave Race, Mario and the list goes on. (Not all of the PS2's games are bad though)
Thu 01/11/01 at 17:48
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I can tell you one thing for CERTAIN!

The Gamecube WILL come out in the UK sometime NEXT year {2002}!

More than likely in or around March!

Fri 02/11/01 at 12:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Cooky wrote:
> I can tell you one thing for CERTAIN!

ok

The Gamecube WILL come out in the UK
> sometime NEXT year {2002}!

true

More than likely in or around March!

false... even ninty have said "spring"... which probably means "summer" which means after march...

Sonic
Fri 02/11/01 at 13:24
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
SonicRav wrote:
> Cooky wrote:
> I can tell you one thing for CERTAIN!

ok

The Gamecube
> WILL come out in the UK
> sometime NEXT year {2002}!

true

More than
> likely in or around March!

false... even ninty have said
> "spring"... which probably means "summer" which means after
> march...

>Sonic

even ninty have said "spring"! Isn't March in spring?
{i could be wrong, i don't pride myself on knowing things like that!}

Fri 02/11/01 at 14:40
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
u missed the point...

Not even ninty have been as specific as sayinh march.. they have just said "spring". The fact that this is non specific leads to the likelyhood that the console will be delayed until "Summer"... which is far from MArch isn't it!

Sonic
Fri 02/11/01 at 15:01
Regular
"Wobble"
Cooky wrote:
> even ninty have said "spring"! Isn't March in spring?

There are four seasons and 12 months; that's 3 months per season. Okay, so it's not that rigid, but it averages out.

I think most people would agree with...

Autumn: September, October, November
Winter: December, January, February
Spring: March, April, May
Summer: June, July, August

Which means that "spring" could be as late as the end of May.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.