GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cannot reinstall Paint Shop Pro X3 (for love nor money)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/10 at 15:03
Regular
Hi,

I have had to fromat the lappy and reinstall everything from the ground up on my Windows 7 O/S.

I cannot reinstall PSP for the life of me.

I've even downloaded a fresh copy from Corel.

I get the Run/Cancel dialogue and thats it. Sometimes I get the 'did it install corectly' dialogue and try the 'recommended settings' but that does nothing either.

I'm at my wits end. Its the only app that won't install - and its critical (typical).

AUC is off, and I've tried to run a 'cleanup' app ass suggested by Corel T/S. But that didn't do anything as it wasn't on there to clean up.

I'm logged in as Admin, and tried to install as Admin too. Nothing.

This is on a fresh install of W7. I formatted the partition so there was no windows.old or anything else that could interfere with PSP - but nothing.

All I can say is

HELP!!! I have to get this back on.

Neil
Sun 06/06/10 at 11:34
Regular
[SOLVED]

Thanks for all your input.

It transpired it was an update to my firewall that I couldn't find a workaround to.

I've changed firewalls, and after a week of misery, everything now runs as expected (and faster).

N.
Sun 06/06/10 at 09:26
Regular
Does windows 7 offer the command prompt? back in the day when computers and I were first invented if this problem came up I would boot the computer in to DOS, and run setup from the command prompt.

Digi
Sat 05/06/10 at 13:41
"Are you sure?"
These things can be hard to troubleshoot remotely...

Looking around it looks like lots of people are having trouble with this application!

I can recommend Macromedia/Adobe Fireworks for your graphics! ;¬)

You'll probably need to keep searching for possible
solutions or this etc. etc.

Also try looking in Event Viewer (Administrative Tools) to see if this throws anything up.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 05/06/10 at 11:59
Regular
I guess you're all as stumped as I am...

N.
Thu 03/06/10 at 15:03
Regular
Hi,

I have had to fromat the lappy and reinstall everything from the ground up on my Windows 7 O/S.

I cannot reinstall PSP for the life of me.

I've even downloaded a fresh copy from Corel.

I get the Run/Cancel dialogue and thats it. Sometimes I get the 'did it install corectly' dialogue and try the 'recommended settings' but that does nothing either.

I'm at my wits end. Its the only app that won't install - and its critical (typical).

AUC is off, and I've tried to run a 'cleanup' app ass suggested by Corel T/S. But that didn't do anything as it wasn't on there to clean up.

I'm logged in as Admin, and tried to install as Admin too. Nothing.

This is on a fresh install of W7. I formatted the partition so there was no windows.old or anything else that could interfere with PSP - but nothing.

All I can say is

HELP!!! I have to get this back on.

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.