GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interesting few facts about Final Fantasy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/10/01 at 19:41
Regular
This isn't a review (as you've probably gathered), but it's something awesome that I needed to say. You're not gonna believe this (well not literally - but it may surprise you), but I was lookin up some information on Final Fantasy 10 out of pure interest and I came along a Final Fantasy 8 page that told me so much information about this game that it isn't funny. According to that page, the guy who is responsible for making nearly all the Final Fantasy's didn't actually work on all the disks. He only worked on the first 2. That's something if you ask me. I really enjoyed playing the first 2 disks, the last 2 were not as high calibure if you ask me. Also he originally wanted to have 8 commands instead of 4, and he also didn't have the islands of Hell and Heaven in that game, which would mean it would be a lot harder to level up. He also had all the Guardian Forces hidden like Odin etc, but not like Siren etc, where you draw them from enemy's. And also, he had 7 or 8 weapons for each character instead of just Squall. Believe it or not, he had a choice for you to either have Seifer on your team for the whole game or Quistis on your team, depending on how you did on your Seed exam. They also toned down the difficulty of the game when he left. Now if you ask me, those guys kind of screwed up the game. That sounds awesome right there. If the Final Fantasy creator would have worked on the whole game instead of just some of it, Final Fantasy 8 would have been a lot better - not that it's a bad game! Also, it said that the Battle system wasn't made until the end, so it could have been possible that if he made the whole game, the Junction system wouldn't have existed or it would have been harder. Guys, this stinks. FF8 may have been a lot better. However, I'm not trying to critisise as much as it appears that I am. I love the game but it could have been even better if they had done what was suggested in the above texts.

Thanks for reading.
R@ckstar.
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
This isn't a review (as you've probably gathered), but it's something awesome that I needed to say. You're not gonna believe this (well not literally - but it may surprise you), but I was lookin up some information on Final Fantasy 10 out of pure interest and I came along a Final Fantasy 8 page that told me so much information about this game that it isn't funny. According to that page, the guy who is responsible for making nearly all the Final Fantasy's didn't actually work on all the disks. He only worked on the first 2. That's something if you ask me. I really enjoyed playing the first 2 disks, the last 2 were not as high calibure if you ask me. Also he originally wanted to have 8 commands instead of 4, and he also didn't have the islands of Hell and Heaven in that game, which would mean it would be a lot harder to level up. He also had all the Guardian Forces hidden like Odin etc, but not like Siren etc, where you draw them from enemy's. And also, he had 7 or 8 weapons for each character instead of just Squall. Believe it or not, he had a choice for you to either have Seifer on your team for the whole game or Quistis on your team, depending on how you did on your Seed exam. They also toned down the difficulty of the game when he left. Now if you ask me, those guys kind of screwed up the game. That sounds awesome right there. If the Final Fantasy creator would have worked on the whole game instead of just some of it, Final Fantasy 8 would have been a lot better - not that it's a bad game! Also, it said that the Battle system wasn't made until the end, so it could have been possible that if he made the whole game, the Junction system wouldn't have existed or it would have been harder. Guys, this stinks. FF8 may have been a lot better. However, I'm not trying to critisise as much as it appears that I am. I love the game but it could have been even better if they had done what was suggested in the above texts.

Thanks for reading.
R@ckstar.
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:47
Regular
Ummm I wish I new what you where talking about.

Isn't Final Fantasy that interactive movie game full of goblins and elves and women with stupidly large melons?
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:51
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Ummm I wish I new what you where talking about.

Isn't Final Fantasy that
> interactive movie game full of goblins and elves and women with stupidly large
> melons?

No. It's a multi-disc game that is probably one of the best games every made. It is a 10 part series that spawns various consoles and hand-held machines. It is basically a full-fledged "Roleplaying Game" if you've ever heard of them Tiltawhirl. They are very immersive and provoke many sleepless nights and hours of entertainment. Hope I helped Tiltawhirl, mate. Cheers. R@ckstar
Wed 31/10/01 at 20:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

Isn't Final Fantasy that
> interactive movie game full of goblins and elves and women with stupidly large
> melons?

Reminds me of Zelda...
Wed 31/10/01 at 20:12
Ant wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:

Isn't
> Final Fantasy that
> interactive movie game full of goblins and elves and
> women with stupidly large
> melons?

Reminds me of Zelda...

How do you mean...Anthony? (:)
Thu 01/11/01 at 09:37
that's really interesting man cause i played through the first 2 discs and found them as good as usual then i got to disk 3 and got to all the space stuff which just plain sucked and couldn't be bothered to finish it the story got so rubbish
Thu 01/11/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Back For Good"
you think thats bad, we don't get Final Fantasy 10 until april 2002 :-(
Thu 01/11/01 at 15:17
So, um, where are these 'interesting' facts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.