GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who owes who?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/10/01 at 18:54
Regular
We have all heard the story about how you should respect elders, and how todays youth dont have any respect for the elderly. But surely respect works both way right?

Old people seem to think that just because they are old they have the right to do things such as park on double yellow lines, push in ques and barge their way throgh a crowd. Dont get me wrong its not all of them, just like it isnt all teenagers. But the amount of people with a disabled sticker I have seen get out of the car a walk better than me is unbeliveable! But because they are old they get given this sticcker that alows them to park where it is inconvinant for other road users, is this right? Then I have offered to help some elderly people (Im a teenager) and they have just had a go at me, saying that just because they are old it doesnt mean they want/ need help! Im not the only one whos had this I have seen and heard of it happening to other people trying to help as well. Then some elderly moan at tennagers about how in their day life was hard, because they had to learn their tables or get the cane. Yea we have all heard it before, but their lifes was hard but so are ours just in a different way. They had no-where near as many exams as us for one but how can you compair things that are so different now!

Then as a teenager you arent always givven respect because you are stereo typed as being a bad person. I mean how many teenagers have been into a store and have been followed around by a guard, I have a number of times. I havve even been stopped and searched in a few stores, and the only excuse they give is that it is just a routine check. So why dont I ever see them checking adults as well? As well when you are a teenager that can drive it seems the police just like to pull you over for a routine ccheck as well. The amount of people in my collage that have been pulled over by the police is just stupid, many of the more than 5 times! They arent even subposed to pull you over without a reason, so they make up excueses such as your rear light lookedd a bit dodgy, when it perfectly fine.

Now the thing is whos owes who respect? Shouldnt it work both ways? So why cant we all just get along and respect each other.
Wed 31/10/01 at 18:54
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
We have all heard the story about how you should respect elders, and how todays youth dont have any respect for the elderly. But surely respect works both way right?

Old people seem to think that just because they are old they have the right to do things such as park on double yellow lines, push in ques and barge their way throgh a crowd. Dont get me wrong its not all of them, just like it isnt all teenagers. But the amount of people with a disabled sticker I have seen get out of the car a walk better than me is unbeliveable! But because they are old they get given this sticcker that alows them to park where it is inconvinant for other road users, is this right? Then I have offered to help some elderly people (Im a teenager) and they have just had a go at me, saying that just because they are old it doesnt mean they want/ need help! Im not the only one whos had this I have seen and heard of it happening to other people trying to help as well. Then some elderly moan at tennagers about how in their day life was hard, because they had to learn their tables or get the cane. Yea we have all heard it before, but their lifes was hard but so are ours just in a different way. They had no-where near as many exams as us for one but how can you compair things that are so different now!

Then as a teenager you arent always givven respect because you are stereo typed as being a bad person. I mean how many teenagers have been into a store and have been followed around by a guard, I have a number of times. I havve even been stopped and searched in a few stores, and the only excuse they give is that it is just a routine check. So why dont I ever see them checking adults as well? As well when you are a teenager that can drive it seems the police just like to pull you over for a routine ccheck as well. The amount of people in my collage that have been pulled over by the police is just stupid, many of the more than 5 times! They arent even subposed to pull you over without a reason, so they make up excueses such as your rear light lookedd a bit dodgy, when it perfectly fine.

Now the thing is whos owes who respect? Shouldnt it work both ways? So why cant we all just get along and respect each other.
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:16
That bit about being pulled over on the pretence of a dodgy light is so true. I reckon that has got to be in the police manual. If their going to abuse the law they may as well just change their name to Gestapo and have done it with it.
Thu 01/11/01 at 10:59
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Off topic perhaps, but this is one thing which really, REALLY drives me up the wall. You could be perfectly happy, sitting on a wall or something waiting for some friends to turn up or something, and then some old/middle aged person will walk past and say "Cheer up. Might never happen."

If that isn't the single most annoying phrase in exitence, then I don't know what is.

If I'm not in a bad mood, then hearing that line.... being accused of being in a bad mood... it somehow does a very good job of putting me in a bad mood.

If I already am in a bad mood, then it's because something bad has happened. In other words, IT ALREADY HAS HAPPENED YOU ANNOYING OLD FOOL! STOP TALKING RUBBISH!

I think I'll stop here before I degenerate any further...
Thu 01/11/01 at 14:28
Regular
"Wobble"
VenomByte wrote:
> I think I'll stop here before I degenerate any further...

Cheer up, lad. It might never happen.
Fri 02/11/01 at 00:44
Regular
I was working in a pertol station this summer, with a bit of shop in with the tills, as most places have but a bit bigger.
One day i inadvertantly caught myself watching about 3 guys (quite young) with shaved heads hanging about in the isles.
I realised that i had turned into one of the things i hate most - store assistants who watch you as you walk about the shop. The thing is, i've been on the receiving end, and still am. Now that i think about it, the 'random till checks' - where they checked how much cash was in your till - i had in the first couple of months i was there were exactly the same thing. I hated it, like they were accusing me of being dishonest without any right, without knowing me, no reason at all.

I promptly turned my back so i couldn't see them and learned a lesson.
Fri 02/11/01 at 16:02
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I live in an area with a ridiculously high number of oap's and so I often see them when I'm walking around. What really bugs me is when you're walking behind an old person/couple etc. and you're catching them up because they don't walk as fast as you, and then, as you reach them, they blatantly stop and pretend they have something to do, like they need to look in their bag.

This might seem like a really stupid thing to say, but think about it. Basically they are scared that I am going to attack them, (and you might think I'm overacting - but that is definitely the impression I get), so they do this so that they can turn round and watch me walk past them. Now, I understand that there must be a certain amount of fear for an old person, but to believe that every young person is out on the streets to rob or attack old people. It really annoys me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.