GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Wars : All star football"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/10/01 at 14:32
Regular
Here is a nice refreshing change. I, and many other people could argue over N64 or Playstation for days on end. But, instead of fighting it to the death, why don't they have a nice game of football. Except it's NEARLY everything goes. Prepare yourself for a great game of football. Oh, here come the players

Here are the line ups. The player, the game and the position.
Sony:
1. Daxter-Jak & Daxter-Goalie
2. Heihachi-Tekken-Defence
3. Crash-Crash Bandicoot-Defence
4. Robocop-Robocop-Defence
5. Cloud-Final Fantasy 7-Defence
6. Jak-Jak & Daxter-Midfield
7. Tony Hawk-Pro skater-Midfield
8. Tanner-Driver-Midfield
9. Zidane-Final fantasy 9- Attack
10. Clare-Resi Evil-attack
11. Dante-Devil may Cry-Attack
Subs:
12 Chris-resi Evil-Goalie
13. Ken-Street Fighter-Defence
14. Spyro-Spyro 3-Midfield
15. Abe-Oddworld-Midfield
16. Squall-FF8-Attack

Nintendo:
1. Donkey kong-Donkey Kong 64-Goalie
2. Kirby-Kirby 64-defence
3. Kazooie-Banjo Tooie-Defence
4. Pikachu-pokemon-Defence
5. Luigi-luigi's mansion-Defence
6. Banjo-Banjo Tooie-Midfield
7. Pikimin-Pikimin-Midfield
8. Fox McCloud-Starfox-Midfield
9. Mario-What isn't he in?-Midfield
10. Conker-Conker's BFD-Attack
11. Zelda-ZeldaTMM-attack
Subs:
12. Diddy Kong-Diddy racing-Goalie
13. Yoshi-Yoshi 64-Defence
14. Wario-Wario-Midfield
15. Bowser-Mario-Attack
16. james bond-Goldeneye-Attack

The match will be refereed by Sonic

And now it's time for Kick off.

Sony to take
And they're off. Dante passes to Zidane, who takes it round Zelda but is taken down viciously by Conker. A free kick is given, as conker walks away swearing. Dante hits it to Clare in the box. Clare shoots, but the ball rebounds straight off Donkey Kong and rolls away to luigi. Luigi passes to Pikimin, who is too small and gets run over by the ball. He is flat as a pancake as they carry him off, and Wario runs on.
The play continues.
The ball is pushed up to mario who runs past heihachi, who attempts to kick him. mario jumps on crash's head, and Conker zips past, taking the ball with him. it is Conker V daxter. daxter is so small that Conker easily chips it into the top corner. 0-1!
Dante kicks off and runs through every player. he shoots, But DK gets in the way without even lifting a finger. Zelda gets it and runs through. He cheekily taps it at daxter, who stops the ball but is knocked back into the net by the force. Conker pushes past Zelda and taps it in. 0-2! As soon as they kick off Kazooie flys over and takes the ball in his beak. He flys high, dodging shots from robocop. he drops the ball on Daxter, then Conker runs up and easily places it in the net for his hatrick. 0-3! Searching for confidence, the Sony team play poorly, and Dante gets booked for mistaking pikachu for the football. Zidane gets a few shots in, but none beat DK. Eventually the ball comes to the edge of the box. Daxter and Zelda run for it. Zelda gets there first and chips it into the empty net. 0-4! Just then, the halftime whistle blows.
The Sony team come out looking happy. as soon as platy resumes, Dante runs up to DK and pops two caps in his head. Danrte is arrested, and diddy replaces Donkey. Clare tackles Fox, and shoots from way out. Diddy can't reach it as it glides into the top corner. 1-4! Daxter s replaced by chris, so Conker and zelda's shots are blocked. Heihachi picks up Conker and lobs him into the crossbar. conker shouts an insult at Heihavchi as a penalty is given. Apparently, Heihachi doesn't like being called a silver haired git, so Robocop has to hold him back.Conker takes the penalty and just beats Chris 1-5! sony get back on the attack, and immediately Tanner and Jak work their way down the field. jak pulls out a great shot which sails in. 2-5!
Clare shoots again, but it dips and Diddy manages to knock it off for a corner. Zidane takes, and out of nowhere comes Tony Hawk on a skateboard. He uses his speed and easily heads it in. 3 to 5! Mario shoots at Chris, who shoots the ball. It bursts and a new one is thrown on the pitch. Cloud plays it long to zidane, who volleys it home. 4-5! Straight from kick off, Tanner plays a one-two with Jak. Tanner puts it high and past diddy. 5-5!
Then the fulltime whistle blows. Full time. Draw. The nintendo fans boo as Sony leave, and the guy from GTA 3 starts a riot by lobbing a brick at an irish man.

So no winners, no losers.

If anyone else wants to do something similar like this, post it here. I'm not stinghy...go on!
Sat 24/11/01 at 14:43
Regular
You like it? Funnier than yours, but mine actually got through 90 minutes so i had an unfair advantage.
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:14
I've read it, I've read it!

Good, and it made me realise that I forgot subs.

Damn, and I was setting up a dramatic entrance for Lara Croft as well. Never mind.
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:33
Regular
Please....?
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:22
Regular
I fished this out for Goten to read.

P.S. if anyone else wants to read it go ahead.
Thu 01/11/01 at 13:17
Regular
Thanks
Thu 01/11/01 at 10:49
Regular
"always swirling"
nice match
Thu 01/11/01 at 09:53
Regular
We know. We're not slating it or anything.
Thu 01/11/01 at 09:33
Regular
I made it a draw so no one would argue. It was just a bit of fun and i wrote it to make you all laugh.
Wed 31/10/01 at 15:47
Regular
Lol.

I think that Nintendo would choose a better team selection though.

You do know that in the Legend of Zelda, Zelda is the Princess you rescue! The green guy you play as is Link! :-D

Also, we wouldn't have Pikachu. Instead, we'd put a Snorlax in goal and put a Psychic Pokemon (Mewtwo or Alakazam) in the midfield (you'd see the ball moving on it's own, the Sony team might score a few own goals, and the refs decisions wouldn't be his own...)

:-)
Wed 31/10/01 at 14:44
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
LOL!

Brick hit's Irishman... quality!

That was quite good... i enjoyed reading it... I wonder if there'll ever be a Mario Soccer game... it would be good...

I've still got my fingers crossed for Mario Olympics though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.