GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hop on Nintendo's Sunshine Bus, kids!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/10/01 at 13:17
Regular
The world of gaming on a Nintendo console. I've been told it's all bright colours and happy times in big rosy fields, must be true, because I was told it in the PS2 forum, and they be smart there!

So what does the Gamecube have to offer for the typical gamer?

Well there's the top characters for one thing. Nintendo have never let there fans down when it comes to there star games. Every Mario game is a belter, every Zelda is a masterpiece. With a Nintendo you're always asured of one thing: Quality games.

But, according to my highlyintelligent friends over in the PS2 forum, I won't see anything but brightly coloured games on a Nintendo.

Is this true?

Not at all.

But hey, what's wrong with a little bit of colour anyway?

I've always thought that the games were more than just the graphics, and sometimes a fun environmet, and chirpy tunes, are more suited to a game.

Anyway, if you really are bugged by the brightness (turn the contrast down on your TV) there are many alternatives coming to the Gamecube.

Into extreme sports? Tony Hawks and Dave Mirra games are coming to the Gamecube.

Like sports games? Plenty of those coming to the Gamecube, and ones without Mario in, too!

Like horror games? Well the whole Resident Evil series will be developed for the Gamecube. Then there's The Thing, based on the John Carpenter movie, Eternal Darkness looks a corker, and Silicon Knights have other games up their sleeves too. And how could we forget Metroid? Hardly full of bright colours, except maybe some alien blood!

Are RPG's your type of thing? Should be a few of these on Gamecube too, with Sega said to be working on one, and From Software have at least 2 in production.

So I guess those really smart people I came accross in the PS2 forum may just have been a little bit wrong.

No surprises there then.
Wed 31/10/01 at 13:17
The world of gaming on a Nintendo console. I've been told it's all bright colours and happy times in big rosy fields, must be true, because I was told it in the PS2 forum, and they be smart there!

So what does the Gamecube have to offer for the typical gamer?

Well there's the top characters for one thing. Nintendo have never let there fans down when it comes to there star games. Every Mario game is a belter, every Zelda is a masterpiece. With a Nintendo you're always asured of one thing: Quality games.

But, according to my highlyintelligent friends over in the PS2 forum, I won't see anything but brightly coloured games on a Nintendo.

Is this true?

Not at all.

But hey, what's wrong with a little bit of colour anyway?

I've always thought that the games were more than just the graphics, and sometimes a fun environmet, and chirpy tunes, are more suited to a game.

Anyway, if you really are bugged by the brightness (turn the contrast down on your TV) there are many alternatives coming to the Gamecube.

Into extreme sports? Tony Hawks and Dave Mirra games are coming to the Gamecube.

Like sports games? Plenty of those coming to the Gamecube, and ones without Mario in, too!

Like horror games? Well the whole Resident Evil series will be developed for the Gamecube. Then there's The Thing, based on the John Carpenter movie, Eternal Darkness looks a corker, and Silicon Knights have other games up their sleeves too. And how could we forget Metroid? Hardly full of bright colours, except maybe some alien blood!

Are RPG's your type of thing? Should be a few of these on Gamecube too, with Sega said to be working on one, and From Software have at least 2 in production.

So I guess those really smart people I came accross in the PS2 forum may just have been a little bit wrong.

No surprises there then.
Wed 31/10/01 at 13:23
Regular
Very true, the Gamecube will have everything the N64 had and more.

It is shaping up to be a console to suit everyone's needs. With the larger third party support it has a much larger variety of games than the N64.
Wed 31/10/01 at 16:41
Regular
"DS..."
The gamecube has a perfect balance of games to suit all ages and tastes, and that is one of the many reasons why Nintendo consoles will allways be the best when it comes to meeting consumers needs and demands.
slik ~_~
Wed 31/10/01 at 16:59
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I agree with you here, Alex. Nintendo are highly reliable whne it comes down to producing top-quality games, you can't go wrong with a Nintendo console.

And as I said in my topic which I want you ALL to reply to, the GameCube should supply us with the sort of gaming experience that we had the privelage to enjoy on the N64.

SHOCKY
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:25
Regular
"2+2 is 3 yeah?"
I agree with you to Alex I predict that Sunshine will be the best Mario Adventure yet to be made by Miyamoto.
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:28
Regular
"2+2 is 3 yeah?"
Are'nt the graphics and the consle supposed to be better than the N64? correct!
Wed 31/10/01 at 19:35
Regular
Are yoiu asking if the Gamecube graphics and console are going to be better than the N64?

Of course there not, what's the point in bringing out a new console if it's better than the last one they released?
Thu 01/11/01 at 15:05
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Are yoiu asking if the Gamecube graphics and console are going to be better than
> the N64?

Of course there not, what's the point in bringing out a new console
> if it's better than the last one they released?

Sarcasm?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.