GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wwf patriotism - genuine or cheap heat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/10/01 at 18:24
Regular
Has anyone noticed on wwf.com how some superstars are always going on about how america should attack the taliban, standout examples of this would be bradshaw who in various interviews has stated that the taliban should be destroyed, most recently on wwf.com when asked about winning the european title he said something along the lines of "I hope Afghanistan is in Europe cos Id love to kick the talibans ass". My question is, is this patriotism and hatred for anyone who attacked america genuine or a way to put over the wrestlers who support it. If it was genuine hatred, I doubt that wwf.com would display it, after all they dont usually try to stir situations up, and comments from well known people like wwf wrestlers like these, result in the ignorant and easily persuadable people starting to belive the hype and this in turn results in hatred for all afghans, which will only make companies such as the wwf try to present this viewpoint more, and all this does is create a vicious circle. I am a white, Welsh person who doesnt have firm beliefs about religion, but I can see how the media is making this situation worse for many people, inspiring hatred, prehaps because it gives them more stories, but all I suggest is that you take everything with a pinch of salt, the wwf like all media companies wants popularity, and the most common way of doing this is presenting the views the target audience wants to believe in, so before you go agreeing with these statements, do everyone a favour, and just think. Oh and by the way, Afghanistan is NOT in Europe.
Tue 30/10/01 at 18:55
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
The WWF would never do that because it's just plain wrong, if a wrestler does however use this as a way of putting his character over with the fans then he should be sacked and ridiculed on the spot.

No matter if they truly feel hatred for the Afganistans they shouldn't portray it on national television because as you said it would influence the people of America to hate all of them as a whole.
Tue 30/10/01 at 18:33
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Genuine.

The WWF would not use it as a way to put wrestlers over. Even the WWF wouldn't stoop to that level.
Tue 30/10/01 at 18:24
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Has anyone noticed on wwf.com how some superstars are always going on about how america should attack the taliban, standout examples of this would be bradshaw who in various interviews has stated that the taliban should be destroyed, most recently on wwf.com when asked about winning the european title he said something along the lines of "I hope Afghanistan is in Europe cos Id love to kick the talibans ass". My question is, is this patriotism and hatred for anyone who attacked america genuine or a way to put over the wrestlers who support it. If it was genuine hatred, I doubt that wwf.com would display it, after all they dont usually try to stir situations up, and comments from well known people like wwf wrestlers like these, result in the ignorant and easily persuadable people starting to belive the hype and this in turn results in hatred for all afghans, which will only make companies such as the wwf try to present this viewpoint more, and all this does is create a vicious circle. I am a white, Welsh person who doesnt have firm beliefs about religion, but I can see how the media is making this situation worse for many people, inspiring hatred, prehaps because it gives them more stories, but all I suggest is that you take everything with a pinch of salt, the wwf like all media companies wants popularity, and the most common way of doing this is presenting the views the target audience wants to believe in, so before you go agreeing with these statements, do everyone a favour, and just think. Oh and by the way, Afghanistan is NOT in Europe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.