GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"News on About Nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/05/03 at 10:30
Regular
Ok i though i would make a new topic for you to put nintendo news in. Here is my news.

From Planetgamecube.com

NAL gives Australian gamers information on local the Game Boy Player price and release date.

PORTABLE GAMING ON THE BIG SCREEN

Melbourne, Australia, May 26th, 2003 – Nintendo Australia today announces the June 20th launch of the Game Boy® Player and commitment to the worldwide retail offer of the Nintendo GameCube™ home console and the new Game Boy® Player for the regular price of the Nintendo GameCube system.

This combination allows players to enjoy more than 1,000 Game Boy games on the home TV screen, along with the full library of Nintendo GameCube titles. This bundle will be available for a SRP$329.00 and the Game Boy Player will be available as a stand-alone product for SRP$99.95.

The Game Boy Player is a platform less than an inch thick, which acts as a base for the Nintendo GameCube. By simply inserting Game Boy cartridges into a slot in the Game Boy Player, consumers can use their Nintendo GameCube controller to direct action on the TV screen.

“This offer builds on the incredible momentum generated by our Game Boy® Advance line, which has already sold 35 million systems worldwide and sales of over 270,000 systems in Australia alone,” says David Yarnton, Director of Sales & Marketing, Nintendo Australia. “Once we saw the enthusiastic reception given to the debut of Game Boy Player on the show floor at the E3 trade show, it was an easy decision to move ahead with our plans to combine these two products for the Australian market.”

Nintendo Australia is riding a wave of momentum with dominating product launches this year. Game Boy® Advance SP, Metroid® Prime, The Legend of Zelda®: The Wind Waker™ and combined Pokemon® Ruby and Pokemon® Sapphire launches saw Nintendo take top spots on the charts with many retailers in Australia reporting sell-outs shortly after each launch.
Wed 28/05/03 at 23:07
Regular
Nice of you to use this stupid stunt to blatantly increase your word count Mr Sparkle.
Wed 28/05/03 at 20:18
Regular
Last time I chcked the Xbox was rocketing in Australlia and dominating the market. Microsoft have a training centre based out there and they are promoted across the area so I suppose this has a lot to do with it. I agree with Mav though. When choosing between Xbox and GameCube multi platform games I always go to the Xbox. Dolby Digital, Hard Drive and Customisable Sound Tracks. The Xbox does have the sharper version a lot of the time but this is what I look at first of all.
Wed 28/05/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
More News...

From PlanetGameCube.com

It's Burnout on motorcycles, and it's on its way to a gaming retailer near you.

'Speed Kings' Weaves Through Traffic and Slides Into Retail Outlets Nationwide; Arcade-Style Motorcycle Racing Video Game Arrives For Next-Generation Systems, Featuring Tricks, Stunts, Combat, Hidden Features And Dangerous Speeds

GLEN COVE, N.Y., May 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Turning traffic-filled streets into a high-speed, two-wheeled obstacle course, Acclaim Entertainment, Inc., today announced that it has shipped Speed Kings(TM) for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo GameCube(TM). An arcade-style motorcycle racing game, Speed Kings features adrenaline-infused tricks, stunts and combat, as well as hidden features and dangerous speeds. Gamers will need nerves of steel and lightning fast reflexes if they are to survive the danger on the road and be crowned the ultimate "Speed King."

"Speed Kings is far more fun than just breaking the speed limit on the back of a motorcycle," said David Knies, Director of Brand for Acclaim. "Including features such as sliding under semi's, jumping over trains, running from police, pulling off insane tricks and exchanging blows with opponents, makes Speed Kings a unique and incredibly fun gameplay experience."

Speed Kings includes:

22 bikes based on production and custom real-world models;
Three single-player modes and 5 multiplayer options;
Arcade-style handling and control;
Incredibly realistic crash sequences;
Insane stunts, including "power down" slides beneath semi's and death-defying jumps;
Interactive street environments, featuring moving traffic and destructible objects;
Deformation system, illustrating real-time bike damage;
Selection of riders, each with unique riding styles and aggressive taunts;
Extensive unlockable content, including new bikes, tracks and a Grand Prix mode;
Boost reward for performing tricks;
Authentic in-game motorcycle gear supplied by Alpinestars and Shoei.
Speed Kings is currently available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo GameCube(TM), each at a suggested retail price of $39.99.

Sounds quite cool might have a look at iit in more detail later maybe
Tue 27/05/03 at 20:49
Regular
Xbox has customisable soundtracks, GameCube has extras with GBA link-up. Hmm. For someone owning all consoles, and looking to buy a multi-format game, this may be the deciding factor as to whether they purchase it on Xbox or GameCube.

Aswell as attempting to link their handheld success into the console market, Nintendo may also be subtly helping out their third parties.
Tue 27/05/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
99.95 AUD = 40.1301 GBP

Hmmm... too expensive. If they want to shift these, you should be looking at a price of <£30.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:34
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
true maybe a GIANT petition might help them see it for what its worth?
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:29
Regular
GBA connectivity is a load of rubbish though. It's a nice little extra but it's not gonna help shift Cubes.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:26
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
note: handheld sector is dominated by Nintendo. In attempt to sell GC units they tie it in with what they know and are best at handhelds. hence the pushing of the GBA connectivity thing.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:15
Regular
Stupid Nintendo.

Needs to take their heads out the clouds an realise that the stupid Gameboy player is not gonna start shifting units. All the this GBA advance connection crap is getting on my nuts.

Microsoft and Sony are busy releasing their online services while Nintendo stand on the fence and say "look Mr, we play SNES games on TV with my new gadjet". Wake up Nintendo, the Cube is slowly dieing and all you can do is fob people off with GBA connectivity.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:10
Regular
No there not... they have 6% of the market in Australia... they're doing well at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.