GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Sony PSP Advert - Black people will love it!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/07/06 at 15:01
Regular
[URL]http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/d/b/0db1831ebfd1ae3a6c2782b6e3b1e084.jpg[/URL]

"White is coming" with a white woman holding a black woman by the jaw. Nice concept Sony. :S
Thu 06/07/06 at 01:28
Regular
"nooblet"
There have been other adverts found of this type.
And it isnt racist, kinda, the other girl has a go at the other one, so its not one sided.
link to site with info:
link
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i'm just racist really :-D
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:45
Regular
"Mooching around"
Kawada wrote:
> But anyway onto the actual subject of the White PSP. I like it
> actually, my uncle got one from Japan a while back, looks pretty
> funky

Do you? I think it looks a bit tacky. I think I'd prefer to have it with black bits on it...

waits for innuendoes :D
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:28
Regular
That's probably exactly what they're doing.
Tue 04/07/06 at 21:59
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
To be honest, the subtle racism could well be just to stir up controversy. All exposure is good exposure after all. People won't stop buying PSPs because an advert could be construed as racist, but they will probably talk about the advert, and therefore the PSP.

Sony can't really be accused of racism, as the advert isn't overtly racist, it could simply be construed in such a way. The worst that could happen would be a few complaints and perhaps an advertising watchdog ordering them to take the ads down.
Tue 04/07/06 at 21:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
But anyway onto the actual subject of the White PSP. I like it actually, my uncle got one from Japan a while back, looks pretty funky
Tue 04/07/06 at 21:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If you're trying to tell me Sony have purposely put out a racist advert then nope.

Can racist connections be made with it? Yup but only by the person viewing it.

Unless of course i'm wrong and they're all racist gets in Sony :-D
Tue 04/07/06 at 21:29
Regular
You don't agree then?
Tue 04/07/06 at 21:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yup Sony hates black people
Tue 04/07/06 at 21:24
Regular
You what? It's subtle racism.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.