GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deadly Experiences! (Part 2)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/10/01 at 21:08
Regular
A few months ago you may remember my post some of the deadly experiences that I had gone through in life, because there are lots of new faces on the forum I thought it would be a good time to make another post on the subject.

Last time we had deadly experiences such as people doing 360 flips on carts (Tony) and people choking on bacon (I know who you are!).

What deadly experiences have you had?
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:08
Regular
A few months ago you may remember my post some of the deadly experiences that I had gone through in life, because there are lots of new faces on the forum I thought it would be a good time to make another post on the subject.

Last time we had deadly experiences such as people doing 360 flips on carts (Tony) and people choking on bacon (I know who you are!).

What deadly experiences have you had?
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:17
Regular
"smile, it's free"
i once nearly killed myself trying to work a plastic tin opener.

dont ask how
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:17
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I choked on bacon :o)
And jumped off a 40ft clift. Remember that CJC? :o)

I have nothing new, apart from nearly being run over like 10 times. :P
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:34
Regular
I tell no word of a lie.

I was about eleven or twelve, and it was something like the second or third time I had been skiing. It was a family thing, we went to Austria every year.

One year we went to a different town than we always go to, and went exploring. Just skiing all the slopes basically, having fun.

It was about the middle of the week, and we had just got to a new slope, very high up in the mountains. And then I broke a rather important rule of skiing.

Never, ever on a slope, just go straight down it. You should go from side to side.

Sod that. I leant forward with my little wooly hat, and sped down this slope. And sod's law being what it is, someone went smack into the side of me.

Me, being weedy and small, got hit for six. Off go my skies into the air, and I land face down in the snow spinning madly... and still moving down the slope.

And being as high as we are, if there is a cliff face, then it's going to be a really sheer drop from it.

I spin and travel more... unable to stop myself because it's happening so fast.

And slowly, I come to a stop... with my face looking straight down over the cliff face, with the plastic fence put up to stop people skiing over the cliff too high to even touch me.

For the longest time I couldn't move. All I could do was just stare down into the depth of what lay beneath me.

One of the best experiences in my life. That wouldn't stop me from skiing, but I'm a bit more afraid of heights now.
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:35
"period drama"
my finger got cut right down to the bone with some safety scissors
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:35
Regular
One week ago I was going through my draws and noticed a shoebox with my old school books in, I decided to be a good little boy and lift them up into the loft along with some unused books. On this fairly damaged shoebox I managed to balance an English, German dictionary plus an encyclopaedia.
I walked towards the loft and unlatched the door, which swung down nicely. Then I got on my tiptoes and tried to life up the box into the loft. Not realising how unsteady the books piled on the shoebox was, I gave the box a shove. At this point my life flashed before my eyes as the 300 page Hutchinson Encyclopaedia fell down towards my head!
The book hit me full blast in the face causing me to loose my balance from my tiptoes and falling forwards. I banged my leg of the banister and clung to the loft door. I looked up towards the unbalanced shoebox in the loft and watched as it fell on top of me, as all the books and scattered papers fell on me I slipped pulling the loft door or it's hinges!
I was lying flat down on the floor with 20+ books on top of me, and the loft door in my hands.

This incident gave me a terribly bruised leg and a cool looking cut on my forehead! It all happened in a second and it is one experience I will not get over for a LONG time!

* CJC looks through the 'Yellow pages' for a shrink! *
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hmmm... You all know about my near 900 foot odd drop onto solid concrete don't you? I tried to jump from one balcony to another, slipped and nearly fell. Simple.

Oh and I got bitten by a Tasmanian Devil.
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:41
Regular
i was playing with the blender and well it hurt
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:42
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:

"Oh and I got bitten by a Tasmanian Devil."

Aren't they extinct? :0)
Mon 29/10/01 at 21:43
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:

Or is it the Tasmanian Wolf that's extinct?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.