GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Films/TV show dying to be made into games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/10/01 at 18:39
Regular
Last night I was watching some of my old videos, and it got me thinking about how many licences would make excellent games, So I decided to share my ideas with everyone and hopefully get feedback on them, well then, here it starts:

Films:

Starship Troopers
OK, I know there was a planned game for this, Im not sure if it was released, but it would make an excellent game, Imagine space combat sections playing as carmen(denise richards character, off the top of my head I think thats her name), First person shooter action as the roughnecks, gun game action defending the movable base from the bugs, and training missions at the academy. An excellent Licence I think you would agree.

Chance of licence being used 7/10
Has a game been made?

The Relic
This under rated 1997 monster flick would make a great resident evil style game, imagine a dark museum, monster on the loose, and thanks to the security system your locked in with only a few handguns for protection, however, those guns are with the police, and their locked in the other side of the museum with the wealthy visitors to an exibition opening. Sounds like a jumpy, puzzle solving, monster blasting, survival horror game to me.

Chance of licence being used 4/10
Not very well known.

Strange Days
This james cameron scripted film had a load of neat gadgets that would be cool to utilise in a game, the squid headset would make for a great tool in a detective game in the mold of the classic mega cd game snatcher, you tracking a serial killer who leaves playback clips of his crimes.

Chance of licence being used 3/10
The Films maybe too adult in nature maybe.

Mallrats,Chasing Amy,Dogma,Jay and silent Bob strike back.
Well, Its a series of films, but kevin smiths new jersey trilogy and the new movie have plenty of scenarios for missions for Jay and Silent Bob to get through in their own unique style. A game with a kevin smith written dialogue would prove scathingly funny, and the scenarios should provide a varied playing enviroment. Beavis and Butthead for adults anyone?

Chance of licence being used 8/10
With the new film upcoming, who knows?

Highlander
I dont know why this licence has never been utilised, swordfights, whether one on one or golden axe style(or even cooler a soul caliber control system, but with a switch character view button like wrestling games, with the golden axe scroll once the enemies are killed moving system) this licence would allow for unique levels (imagine being shot, but not really dying, and having to fight your way out of a morgue, you couldnt do that in many other games).

Unlikely, the licence is a bit old, but they are making terminator games so who knows.

Deep Blue Sea
Underwater resident evil anyone? This movie lends itself to a game so much its not even funny, you start at the base of the research station when everything starts to go wrong, and utilising each characters unique abilities you have to work your way out of the research station, and kill the sharks. It would be cool to roughly folllow the plot, but have some different routes depending on how well you do, so some characters who died in the film could survive, and therefore use their unique abilities to access hidden areas later in the game.

Chance of licence being used 5/10
Maybe if they make a sequel

Sleepy Hollow
Headless horseman. Spooky setting. Murder mystery. Control iccabod crane as he attempts to uncover who or what is killing people in the small village of sleepy hollow. Sounds good to me.

Film didnt perform that well did it

Rocky
Imagine a boxing game, but with a real story mode. When its completed you unlock other characters (appollo etc) who have their own stories, then once you complete story modes with all the main characters then you unlock all the opponent characters and fight in tournaments and prize fight like in ready to rumble etc.

Who knows, rockys always vaguely popular

TV Shows

Dark Angel
Well theyre making a Buffy Game, think fighting action, shooting sections, and motorcycle racing levels. And of course the genetic mutations would allow for some cool effects and abilities. And theres always GM vs GM battles as Max can take onother mark 5's or mark 7's.

Chance of licence being used 9/10
Probably be a game within the next two years

Stargate SG1
Cool weapons, varied characters and unlimited potential for enemies. Play as Col. Jack O Neil in first person shooting sections utilising Various hardware, play as Te'alc in third person fighting action, using his staff as a weapon, play as Sam Carter in adventuring sections, and Daniel Jackson in Puzzle solving sections. Utilise different team members abilities to solve the problems of the level. Great Licence, great potential.

Maybe for the pc

Due South
Well, this may not be that well known, but in my opinion this show was great, play as mountie benton fraser, detective ray vechio and detective stanlet raymond kowolski to solve crimes, and play bonus levels as Frasers half wolf Diefenbaker, with the actions in these subgames affecting events later on, eg. Befriend a street vendor and he will give you vital info later on, or save a persons life and they will help you later. Cult, Maybe, Sound good, yeah.

Chance of licence being used 1/10
Highly unlikely, too cult.

Space: Above and Beyond
This was a very enjoyable TV Show, although never a huge hit due to its awful timeslot, for anyone who doesnt know what this is think starship troopers, but with intellegent alien opposition with better technology than the humans, and InVitro's humans grown entirely in laboratories. A good First person shooter like Alien Vs Predator could be made.

Chance of licence being used 2/10
Bit old, but it could make a good game.

Well thats it, I would value everyones feedback and additional suggestions.
Fri 02/11/01 at 13:44
I think there should be a 3rd person beat 'em up based on a martial arts film
Tue 30/10/01 at 21:14
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
genesisofthesith wrote:
> Last night I was watching some of my old videos, and it got me thinking about
> how many licences would make excellent games, So I decided to share my ideas
> with everyone and hopefully get feedback on them, well then, here it
> starts:

Films:

Starship Troopers

I think someone (probably acclaim) made a game similar to this called armorines with the same bug shooting styles but without the space flight combat.

The
> Relic
Not very well known.
Heard of the film but haven't seen it.

Strange Days
Haven't seen this either.

Mallrats,Chasing Amy,Dogma,Jay and
> silent Bob strike back.

That would put some much needed humour back into games

Highlander

I have also wondered why they never made a game of this (suggestion buried somewhere in my similar topic)
but I think that I heard that they may be making another highlander film (number 5) so there may be a chance of a future movie-game tie in if it is succesfull

Deep Blue
> Sea
Not seen this either, but it is a good idea

Sleepy Hollow
Headless horseman. Spooky setting. Murder mystery.
> Control iccabod crane as he attempts to uncover who or what is killing people in
> the small village of sleepy hollow. Sounds good to me.

Chance of licence
> being used 4/10

not seen it yet sounds good though

Rocky
Imagine a
> boxing game, but with a real story mode. When its completed you unlock other
> characters (appollo etc) who have their own stories, then once you complete
> story modes with all the main characters then you unlock all the opponent
> characters and fight in tournaments and prize fight like in ready to rumble
> etc.

I think they are making a rocky game for the X-box, and I heard rumours that they were considering another rocky film, but I don't know if anything has been said about that.

TV Shows

Dark Angel
Well theyre making a Buffy Game, think
> fighting action, shooting sections, and motorcycle racing levels. And of course
> the genetic mutations would allow for some cool effects and abilities. And
> theres always GM vs GM battles as Max can take onother mark 5's or mark
> 7's.

Probably be a game within the next
> two years

Stargate SG1
Cool weapons, varied characters and unlimited
> potential for enemies. Play as Col. Jack O Neil in first person shooting
> sections utilising Various hardware, play as Te'alc in third person fighting
> action, using his staff as a weapon, play as Sam Carter in adventuring sections,
> and Daniel Jackson in Puzzle solving sections. Utilise different team members
> abilities to solve the problems of the level. Great Licence, great
> potential.

Another one that I have discussed, seems that I am not the only one that thinks that it would be a great game if done properly.Could have some indiana jones style sections with daniel jackson as well.

Due
> South
Well, this may not be that well known, but in my opinion this show was
> great, play as mountie benton fraser, detective ray vechio and detective stanlet
> raymond kowolski to solve crimes, and play bonus levels as Frasers half wolf
> Diefenbaker, with the actions in these subgames affecting events later on, eg.
> Befriend a street vendor and he will give you vital info later on, or save a
> persons life and they will help you later. Cult, Maybe, Sound good,
> yeah.

One of the best shows on bbc2, the mountie always gets his man.

Space:
> Above and Beyond
not seen this either.
Mon 29/10/01 at 18:39
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Last night I was watching some of my old videos, and it got me thinking about how many licences would make excellent games, So I decided to share my ideas with everyone and hopefully get feedback on them, well then, here it starts:

Films:

Starship Troopers
OK, I know there was a planned game for this, Im not sure if it was released, but it would make an excellent game, Imagine space combat sections playing as carmen(denise richards character, off the top of my head I think thats her name), First person shooter action as the roughnecks, gun game action defending the movable base from the bugs, and training missions at the academy. An excellent Licence I think you would agree.

Chance of licence being used 7/10
Has a game been made?

The Relic
This under rated 1997 monster flick would make a great resident evil style game, imagine a dark museum, monster on the loose, and thanks to the security system your locked in with only a few handguns for protection, however, those guns are with the police, and their locked in the other side of the museum with the wealthy visitors to an exibition opening. Sounds like a jumpy, puzzle solving, monster blasting, survival horror game to me.

Not very well known.

Strange Days
This james cameron scripted film had a load of neat gadgets that would be cool to utilise in a game, the squid headset would make for a great tool in a detective game in the mold of the classic mega cd game snatcher, you tracking a serial killer who leaves playback clips of his crimes.

The Films maybe too adult in nature maybe.

Mallrats,Chasing Amy,Dogma,Jay and silent Bob strike back.
Well, Its a series of films, but kevin smiths new jersey trilogy and the new movie have plenty of scenarios for missions for Jay and Silent Bob to get through in their own unique style. A game with a kevin smith written dialogue would prove scathingly funny, and the scenarios should provide a varied playing enviroment. Beavis and Butthead for adults anyone?

Chance of licence being used 8/10
With the new film upcoming, who knows?

Highlander
I dont know why this licence has never been utilised, swordfights, whether one on one or golden axe style(or even cooler a soul caliber control system, but with a switch character view button like wrestling games, with the golden axe scroll once the enemies are killed moving system) this licence would allow for unique levels (imagine being shot, but not really dying, and having to fight your way out of a morgue, you couldnt do that in many other games).

Unlikely, the licence is a bit old, but they are making terminator games so who knows.

Deep Blue Sea
Underwater resident evil anyone? This movie lends itself to a game so much its not even funny, you start at the base of the research station when everything starts to go wrong, and utilising each characters unique abilities you have to work your way out of the research station, and kill the sharks. It would be cool to roughly folllow the plot, but have some different routes depending on how well you do, so some characters who died in the film could survive, and therefore use their unique abilities to access hidden areas later in the game.

Maybe if they make a sequel

Sleepy Hollow
Headless horseman. Spooky setting. Murder mystery. Control iccabod crane as he attempts to uncover who or what is killing people in the small village of sleepy hollow. Sounds good to me.

Rocky
Imagine a boxing game, but with a real story mode. When its completed you unlock other characters (appollo etc) who have their own stories, then once you complete story modes with all the main characters then you unlock all the opponent characters and fight in tournaments and prize fight like in ready to rumble etc.

Who knows, rockys always vaguely popular

TV Shows

Dark Angel
Well theyre making a Buffy Game, think fighting action, shooting sections, and motorcycle racing levels. And of course the genetic mutations would allow for some cool effects and abilities. And theres always GM vs GM battles as Max can take onother mark 5's or mark 7's.

Probably be a game within the next two years

Stargate SG1
Cool weapons, varied characters and unlimited potential for enemies. Play as Col. Jack O Neil in first person shooting sections utilising Various hardware, play as Te'alc in third person fighting action, using his staff as a weapon, play as Sam Carter in adventuring sections, and Daniel Jackson in Puzzle solving sections. Utilise different team members abilities to solve the problems of the level. Great Licence, great potential.

Maybe for the pc

Due South
Well, this may not be that well known, but in my opinion this show was great, play as mountie benton fraser, detective ray vechio and detective stanlet raymond kowolski to solve crimes, and play bonus levels as Frasers half wolf Diefenbaker, with the actions in these subgames affecting events later on, eg. Befriend a street vendor and he will give you vital info later on, or save a persons life and they will help you later. Cult, Maybe, Sound good, yeah.

Chance of licence being used 1/10
Highly unlikely, too cult.

Space: Above and Beyond
This was a very enjoyable TV Show, although never a huge hit due to its awful timeslot, for anyone who doesnt know what this is think starship troopers, but with intellegent alien opposition with better technology than the humans, and InVitro's humans grown entirely in laboratories. A good First person shooter like Alien Vs Predator could be made.

Chance of licence being used 2/10
Bit old, but it could make a good game.

Well thats it, I would value everyones feedback and additional suggestions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.