GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Members only areas"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/04/07 at 01:24
Regular
Freeola team,

Now that you have updated your servers to prevent spam by making all form to mail scripts send only to and from freeola mail addresses how can i make my members only area secure?

before the change to your servers the script used to send an email to the person who had signed up requesting they confirm registration by clicking on a reg code or by entering the auth code sent to them in an email on the login page located on my website.

Now i can not send them this email :@ I can only see one option left open to me by making no auth code thus making the members only section of my site LESS secure and open to abuse.

Is there anyway to send emails to non freeola email addresses by form to mail while still sending from a dedicated freeola account address???

I have altered all the other scripts that contain form to mail ie) contact script, Guestbook and blog page but this is the one that i wanted some sort of confirmed point of contact for.

Thanks
Alan
Thu 19/04/07 at 18:16
Regular
Sorry guys, it must have been the way i read the original post that some how i got it into my head that the recieving email address had to be a freeola address also, have played around with the members script adjusting just the from address and your right it does send to a non freeola account just fine.

Thanks for your fast replies though :-)
Tue 17/04/07 at 10:35
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Eccles is absolutely correct. The Form To Mail script can be used to send to any e-mail address.

We just require that the From address is a valid Freeola-hosted address so that only genuinely registered Freeola customers have access to the service.

The requirement is primarily designed to prevent abuse of the service by spammers.
Tue 17/04/07 at 10:06
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
'If you are currently using a third party or custom Form-to-Mail script, you need to add a parameter containing '-f [email protected]' with the same address as in your 'From:' header (this must be a valid Freeola-hosted address).'

So you can send to any address but the from address you are using must be a Freeola hosted address. Where does it say you can only send to Freeola addresses as well?
Tue 17/04/07 at 01:24
Regular
Freeola team,

Now that you have updated your servers to prevent spam by making all form to mail scripts send only to and from freeola mail addresses how can i make my members only area secure?

before the change to your servers the script used to send an email to the person who had signed up requesting they confirm registration by clicking on a reg code or by entering the auth code sent to them in an email on the login page located on my website.

Now i can not send them this email :@ I can only see one option left open to me by making no auth code thus making the members only section of my site LESS secure and open to abuse.

Is there anyway to send emails to non freeola email addresses by form to mail while still sending from a dedicated freeola account address???

I have altered all the other scripts that contain form to mail ie) contact script, Guestbook and blog page but this is the one that i wanted some sort of confirmed point of contact for.

Thanks
Alan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.