GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It is not about technology!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/05/03 at 09:37
Regular
Have any of you actually thought about what is going on with in the games industry at the moment?

At the moment all we are seeing is, new this, new that, DVD, surround sound, etc etc. But it is not about technology!

Aure all this fancy stuff does make the games better but stick to games. That's why they are called "Games Consoles" It is about the games.

When you buy a games console you do not buy it to do all the house work and to feed the dog do you? Although it would be a novelty you just buy it for what it was created for, playing games. I have nothing about technology but at this moment in time, games are getting over looked because of the three companies fighting to create the best and most advanced technology.
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:37
Regular
"^_^"
Have any of you actually thought about what is going on with in the games industry at the moment?

At the moment all we are seeing is, new this, new that, DVD, surround sound, etc etc. But it is not about technology!

Aure all this fancy stuff does make the games better but stick to games. That's why they are called "Games Consoles" It is about the games.

When you buy a games console you do not buy it to do all the house work and to feed the dog do you? Although it would be a novelty you just buy it for what it was created for, playing games. I have nothing about technology but at this moment in time, games are getting over looked because of the three companies fighting to create the best and most advanced technology.
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
That's why the PSX is called an Entertainment system, or something.

Games are play a little part in the thing.

Still, games should come first, but extras are alwasy very, very welcome.
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Er...

*Games play a...

There, much better.
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:51
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Would you rather have a PS2 that doesn't play DVDs, or a PS2 that DOES play DVDs?

It's all extras, if you don't want it then don't get it.
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:52
Regular
"8==="
I've said this elsewhere. Sony: NEW CONTROLLERS you plonkers!!!

How long do we have to wait.
Thu 29/05/03 at 09:53
Regular
"8==="
I'm sick of the upgrades when the most basic things are left alone.
Thu 29/05/03 at 11:57
"!Basement Clucking!"
Now that ive had the same pad from sony for so long, i dont know if i can handle a different style.
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:10
Regular
"8==="
Personally. It's my biggest hurdle to getting a PS2. I hate the controller, it's been knocking around for ages and its outclassed by the more modern offerings. As soon as someone makes a PS2 direct copy of a GC or XBOX controller I'll be playing GTA. Until then....

I don't want DVD, I don't want a DVD writer or a PS2 harddisk. I want a new controller! How difficult is it for Sony to come up with an alternative controller?
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:13
"...Unicef pennies.."
but there's nothing wrong with the PS2 controller!

I thing they'd upset more people than they pleased if they changed the design.
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:24
Regular
"8==="
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> but there's nothing wrong with the PS2 controller!
>
> I thing they'd upset more people than they pleased if they changed the
> design.

Granted. But an additional and alternative official controller would be welcome by yours truly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.