GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It is not about technology!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/05/03 at 09:37
Regular
Have any of you actually thought about what is going on with in the games industry at the moment?

At the moment all we are seeing is, new this, new that, DVD, surround sound, etc etc. But it is not about technology!

Aure all this fancy stuff does make the games better but stick to games. That's why they are called "Games Consoles" It is about the games.

When you buy a games console you do not buy it to do all the house work and to feed the dog do you? Although it would be a novelty you just buy it for what it was created for, playing games. I have nothing about technology but at this moment in time, games are getting over looked because of the three companies fighting to create the best and most advanced technology.
Thu 29/05/03 at 14:49
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
hm.. snake.... at most Denki blocks.. Metroid Fushion Mario 2
Thu 29/05/03 at 14:30
Regular
Order of best consoles since NES.

SNES
Mega Drive
NES
N-64
Gamecube (May rise or fall depening on progress)
Master System
Dreamcast
X-Box (Cannot make valid assessment on this as I have not owned one neither has any family member)
PS2 (May rise or fall depending on prgress)
PS1
Saturn (Based on everyone saying that it was crap, see X-BOx)
Thu 29/05/03 at 14:25
Regular
Erm, you don't get my point, do you? The mobile phone games are crap, most SNES games are tens times better, and even today all three 'next gen' consoles fail to have a line-up with the same calibur as the SNES.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:38
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Updated wrote:
> GC controller is not too bad, since it's a copy of the Sony handset
>
> Heh, never seen a Virtual Boy, then?
>
> As for technology, you ovbiously need it otherwise you could play
> games, but added things like a DVD player and things aren't needed.
> Give me a SNES over all three current consoles any day.

You don't need that old stuff, just buy one of the latest Mobile phones. Lots of platform games, and nearly as good as GBA for quality. I did say some time back, that Mobile's would match GBA this year - and it's nearly there now. Wait to you see the Sony T610 - 2 player wireless games!
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:30
Regular
Updated wrote:
> GC controller is not too bad, since it's a copy of the Sony handset

Heh, never seen a Virtual Boy, then?

As for technology, you ovbiously need it otherwise you could play games, but added things like a DVD player and things aren't needed. Give me a SNES over all three current consoles any day.
Thu 29/05/03 at 13:24
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Personally. It's my biggest hurdle to getting a PS2. I hate the
> controller, it's been knocking around for ages and its outclassed by
> the more modern offerings. As soon as someone makes a PS2 direct copy
> of a GC or XBOX controller I'll be playing GTA. Until then....
>
> I don't want DVD, I don't want a DVD writer or a PS2 harddisk. I want
> a new controller! How difficult is it for Sony to come up with an
> alternative controller?

They will change it with the introduction of PS3. Just hope they don't clone the DC or Xbox one. GC controller is not too bad, since it's a copy of the Sony handset - just not quite as good. Things like off set controls are not normal!
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:35
Regular
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> but there's nothing wrong with the PS2 controller!

Except it is too small, doens't fit well in the hand, is too smooth, the analogue sticks are level with each other, etc, etc.
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:24
Regular
"8==="
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> but there's nothing wrong with the PS2 controller!
>
> I thing they'd upset more people than they pleased if they changed the
> design.

Granted. But an additional and alternative official controller would be welcome by yours truly.
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:13
"...Unicef pennies.."
but there's nothing wrong with the PS2 controller!

I thing they'd upset more people than they pleased if they changed the design.
Thu 29/05/03 at 12:10
Regular
"8==="
Personally. It's my biggest hurdle to getting a PS2. I hate the controller, it's been knocking around for ages and its outclassed by the more modern offerings. As soon as someone makes a PS2 direct copy of a GC or XBOX controller I'll be playing GTA. Until then....

I don't want DVD, I don't want a DVD writer or a PS2 harddisk. I want a new controller! How difficult is it for Sony to come up with an alternative controller?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.