GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The final Metal Gear? I certainly hope not"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/10/01 at 10:37
Regular
Hideo Kojima, the one that brought us Metal Gear, has finally confirmed that ìMetal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Libertyî, will be the last instalment in his creation. I only find one thing kind of strange. Kojima-san has also mentioned the development of a new Metal Gear title, for the ëXBOXí, called ìMetal Gear Xî. I doubt this will be confirmed 100%, but weíll just have to wait and see.

Coming back to ìMGS2î, I find it very disappointing to now that it will not continue and that ìMetal Gear Solid 2î is where the story ends. This really is a shame, and I am sure that a lot of gamers will be very displeased to know this. Perhaps most of you already heard the news, I donít know, but in case you are new to thisÖwell, weíll just have to live with it, unfortunately. Unless of course, Hideo Kojima would surprise us with a whole new storyline, adapted from the Metal Gear series. Wow! That would be great and definitely something to look forward to.
Mon 29/10/01 at 10:37
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Hideo Kojima, the one that brought us Metal Gear, has finally confirmed that ìMetal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Libertyî, will be the last instalment in his creation. I only find one thing kind of strange. Kojima-san has also mentioned the development of a new Metal Gear title, for the ëXBOXí, called ìMetal Gear Xî. I doubt this will be confirmed 100%, but weíll just have to wait and see.

Coming back to ìMGS2î, I find it very disappointing to now that it will not continue and that ìMetal Gear Solid 2î is where the story ends. This really is a shame, and I am sure that a lot of gamers will be very displeased to know this. Perhaps most of you already heard the news, I donít know, but in case you are new to thisÖwell, weíll just have to live with it, unfortunately. Unless of course, Hideo Kojima would surprise us with a whole new storyline, adapted from the Metal Gear series. Wow! That would be great and definitely something to look forward to.
Mon 29/10/01 at 11:16
Regular
"Back For Good"
The second game on the nes (metal gear 2) was also supposed to be the last in the series but people kept begging for a new one so Metal Gear Solid was made for the PS1.

Hideo Kojima wants to get on with other projects after MGS2 but sometime in the future Snake will probably make a comback ;-)
Mon 29/10/01 at 11:42
I thought that Metal Gear X was confirmed to be just a rumour and definately wouldn't be happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima retired Snake, its already brought him global fame, people are going to sit up and take notcie of whatever he produces next, it won't have to be a Metal Gear game at all. It could be about badgers.
Mon 29/10/01 at 11:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, I doubt that it's dead for good- after all, there have been four games in the series, and it's unlikely that a good series will stay down for long!

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.