GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF Rebellion matches"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 22:43
Regular
I heard on wwf superstars commentary 2 matches, Angle vs. Regal ( u.s title) and Rock vs. Austin ( wwf title )
If u hear any other matches then post em
Sun 28/10/01 at 22:43
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
I heard on wwf superstars commentary 2 matches, Angle vs. Regal ( u.s title) and Rock vs. Austin ( wwf title )
If u hear any other matches then post em
Mon 29/10/01 at 16:20
Regular
"Back in black"
WWF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

US CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kurt Angle vs. William Regal

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH -- INSIDE A STEEL CAGE
Edge vs. Christian

3 TEAM ELIMINATION WCW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH (not a championship match until Friday,
October 26)
Big Show & Tajiri vs. Dudley Boyz vs. APA
Scotty Too Hot vs. Hurricane Helms

DIVA'S TAG MATCH
Lita & Torrie vs. Molly & Stacy
Trish Stratus as referee

WWF VS. ALLIANCE
Billy Gunn vs. Hugh Morris
Hardy Boyz vs. Lance Storm & Chris Kanyon
Mon 29/10/01 at 16:32
Regular
"One More Chance"
This time the card sounds ok, but no Rhyno? No Hardcore title match? Ahh well i may still buy it.
Mon 29/10/01 at 17:50
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Cool, but its a bit weird that they would hav a steel cage match in England. I hope they don't change the card at the last minute like they did last year
Mon 29/10/01 at 20:45
Regular
The card sounds quite good for a UK one but Billy Gunn vs. Hugh Morris is a match from Metal, the UK deserves better!
Tue 30/10/01 at 20:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
YEEEEESSS!!!! Scotty 2 Hotty vs The Hurricane!! Super!

Anyway, want to know why there's no RVD? Why there's no Undertaker or Kane? No Booker T or Test? No Rhyno? No Jericho?

Well, on the same day is Rebellion the WWF are hosting a house show in the US, so they've split the wrestlers up. The UK get Austin, Rock and Angle for main eventers, while the house show gets RVD, Jericho and Undertaker.

Rhyno's injured by the way, which is why he was 'suspended' on Smackdown.

Phew...I'm very pleased that Scotty is at Rebellion. I think I'll have to buy it now...
Tue 30/10/01 at 23:58
Regular
"..."
Ant wrote:
> YEEEEESSS!!!! Scotty 2 Hotty vs The Hurricane!! Super!

But they WILL make hurricane win.

Anyway, want to know
> why there's no RVD? Why there's no Undertaker or Kane? No Booker T or Test? No
> Rhyno? No Jericho?

Maybe they have refused to fly, due to all the terrorist stuff? Like those Chelsea players.

Well, on the same day is Rebellion the WWF are hosting a
> house show in the US, so they've split the wrestlers up. The UK get Austin, Rock
> and Angle for main eventers, while the house show gets RVD, Jericho and
> Undertaker.

Rhyno's injured by the way, which is why he was 'suspended' on
> Smackdown.
Figured that out without being told :P

Phew...I'm very pleased that Scotty is at Rebellion. I think I'll
> have to buy it now...
Wed 31/10/01 at 18:24
Regular
"One More Chance"
Well i would of prefered to see RVD instead of Austin.
Wed 31/10/01 at 22:53
Regular
"Whatever!"
Sounds pretty good - Might get it after all!!
Thu 01/11/01 at 07:31
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Ok, so the card sounds reasonable, but I still won't order it - I will borrow it off of a mate. Why you ask? Because UK events always stink. Ok, here's an analysis of every UK event.

Summerslam - August 1992 (shoudln't really be included here)

Featured a great card, great matches, strong audience and overall good presentation - a rarity for a UK event.

One Night Only - September 1997

Again, featured a great card and they managed to deliver with the great matches too. The set added to the entertainment and again, a rarity to see.

Mayhem In Manchester - April 1998 (shoudln't really be included here)

This was only live to an audience and not broadcast on Pay-Per-View. However, an edited 1 hour version of the event is available from the shops. The first UK event that stunk and this created a chain reaction with the others.

No Mercy - May 1999

A decent card but didn't really manage to deliver, with sloppy matches and overall shoddy presentation - thumbs down. It could have been much better than it was, due to the decent card.

Rebellion - October 1999

The WWF managed to pull back with a decent UK event once again, in Rebellion. Ok, so they had too many manages and the length of matches made them way too short, it still had some great fights - well worth checking out.

Insurrextion - May 2000

Another great WWF UK PPV, which featured a good card and some great matches. Again, worth watching.

Rebellion - November 2000

A reasonable UK PPV, but nothing special. Rent but don't splash out £15 for it - it's not worth it to see Stone Cold and The Rock exchange glances for the closing (15) minutes of the event.

Insurrextion - May 2001

Again, another stinker. A terrible card, with jobbers all around. The structure of the card failed completely - don't watch unless big WWF fan.

At UK PPV's, it is common for a title to change...but to be won back on the next Raw or Smackdown. If a title changes, expect to change back within a week. Rebellion could be the show to see, but then again, it could stink. Well, we'll all find out this Saturday at 7pm. Anyone going to see Rebellion in Manchester by the way?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.