GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New GBA games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 22:06
Regular
What new GBA games should be made? Methinks that a Super Smash Bros conversion could be good. It's 2-d on the N64 so it cant be hard 2 make, cannit? And I haven't heard anything about any perfect dark, james bond, pokemon or zelda games for gba, which is a bit stupid coz those are v.popular.

Any1 got any newz?
Sun 28/10/01 at 22:06
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
What new GBA games should be made? Methinks that a Super Smash Bros conversion could be good. It's 2-d on the N64 so it cant be hard 2 make, cannit? And I haven't heard anything about any perfect dark, james bond, pokemon or zelda games for gba, which is a bit stupid coz those are v.popular.

Any1 got any newz?
Mon 29/10/01 at 18:09
Regular
Super Smash Bros. would be great on the GBA especially with a link up mode, I don't think that it would be easy to convert though.
Mon 29/10/01 at 19:24
Regular
As far back as I can remember, since the GBA was first announced, the PokÈmon game featuring the E-card reader has been in development.
Wed 31/10/01 at 17:56
Regular
"Remember me?"
You want to know what console or PC games I think should be converted for the Game Boy Advance? Oh, you REALLY asked for it buddy.......

Comix Zone (Mega Drive)
Crazy Taxi 2 (Dreamcast)
Daytona USA (Dreamcast / SEGA Saturn / Arcades)
Destruction Derby (Nintendo 64 / PSOne / PC)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Mega Drive)
Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (Nintendo 64)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
Final Fantasy IX (PSOne / PC)
GTa2 (Dreamcast / PC / PSOne)
James Pond 2: Codename Robocod (Mega Drive / Master System)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)
Metal Gear Solid (PSOne / PC / Game Boy Color)
Mickey's Racing Adventure (Game Boy Color)
Perfect Dark (Nintendo 64 / Game Boy Color)
PokÈmon Puzzle League (Nintendo 64)
Re-Volt (Nintendo 64 / PC / Dreamcast / PSOne)
Rolo to the Rescue (Mega Drive)
Sonic Drift Racing 2 (Game Gear)
Sonic R (SEGA Saturn)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Mega Drive / Master System / Game Gear)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive / Master System / Game Gear)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Chaos (Master System / Game Gear)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Spinball (Mega Drive)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (Game Gear)
Sonic 3 (Mega Drive)
Sonic & Knuckles (Mega Drive)
Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island (Mega Drive)
Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64)
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Nintendo 64 / PC)
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (Nintendo 64 / Game Boy Color / PC)
Turok: Rage Wars (Nintendo 64 / Game Boy Color)
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion (Nintendo 64 / Game Boy Color)
Virtua Fighter 3tb (Dreamcast)

Obviously, most of the Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Saturn, PSOne, Arcade and PC conversions would have to be simplified versions of the actual games. However, there's no reason that the Mega Drive, Master System, Game Gear, SNES and Game Boy Color games listed above couldn't be converted to the Game Boy Advance. I'd really love to see the listed Sonic the Hedgehog games appearing on the GBA.

Regarding the first person shoot-em-ups listed above, they'd obviously have to be scaled down. However, with BackTrack already released and with Doom appearing soon on the GBA, there's no reason why the Turok games couldn't be released as first person shooters on the GBA. Super Smash Bros. wouldn't be too difficult to convert, as it's already a 2D game, and with a four player link-up mode it would be spectacular.

GTa2 would be easy to convert to GBA, as the top-down view and simple graphics of the home console versions wouldn't prove too difficult a task for the developers.

As for Marvel vs Capcom 2...... other home console beat-em-ups (Tekken for example) are being made for the GBA so Marvel vs Capcom 2, being a simple 2D beat-em-up, could be really good on the GBA.

PokÈmon Puzzle League? Ha! That'll be easy, and Nintendo would be fools not to make a version of the game for the GBA, complete with a four player link-up. Cool.

Anyway, I've said my piece. See ya later.
Wed 31/10/01 at 23:18
Regular
zelda
Wed 31/10/01 at 23:26
Regular
Dark Mark you must be preety bored.
Thu 01/11/01 at 09:42
Regular
"DS..."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Dark Mark you must be preety bored.

And thats an understatement!
slik ~_~
Thu 01/11/01 at 13:26
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
u must be a fast typer dark mark
Thu 01/11/01 at 14:32
Regular
"Remember me?"
allardini wrote:
> u must be a fast typer dark mark

Yep, I'm quite fast. But I'm nowhere near as fast as that woman who does the subtitles on the TV. Did you know that she types them out as the people on the TV are talking? Now THAT'S fast, huh.

As for Tiltawhirl claiming that I must have been bored to type out all that stuff - I don't see Tiltawhirl actually coming up with any ideas, do you?
Thu 01/11/01 at 14:34
Regular
"Remember me?"
I also think that a scaled down version of the Gamecube's Luigi's Mansion would be pretty cool on the GBA.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.