GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HEY! I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 20:17
Regular
that should've got your attention.

anyway, i just thought of this idea for a story, thought you might be interested.
please take time to read it.

here goes....

Scaln looked, shivering, up into the icy sky, and beyond it towards their sun. It was now just a hazy red ball, in the last stages of existence. Ever since he was a child the sun had been his sign that life would prevail, but now was slowly dying and taking all life with it.

Their planet was now a ice-world of beings, fighting for survival. But they all knew that even survival would end in death.
The sun would die, the little light they had would be taken from them and the bitter cold would become infinitely unbearable.
Yet the war still had meaning, for some, at least. They had something to fight for. But Scaln had nothing.

He stared across the snow-plains to their enemy, the Black Giants. These were a horrible race that had spread at great speed over their small world from the north after it became frozen.
They had tangled piles of grimy black hair all over their bodies, usually stained with blood and their tiny eyes squinted out like black stars. the tallest stood about twelve foot high, and the shortest ten but all were pure muscle.

Each one had their battle-dress wrapped around them, these were a collection of their killsí skins, teeth, horns and claws all masterfully put together by their wives and always being expanded after a hunt.
And, though they didnít really need it, they all carried a great slab of something (wood, metal, stone) for battle.

The Ice-Dragons circled up above, waiting for the battle to start. They could smell the tension from a great distance and would decide, as always, when the battle began.But were not like normal dragons.
For one, they breathed ice. Great clouds of near-frozen acid, thrown up from their iron stomachs. This ice would freeze a human, but keep them alive, then the acid would cool down and eat away at their flesh. The dragons would then swoop down and eat their food whole, if you were lucky. If you werenít they would just come and sit patiently beside your burning body until you were dead, then crunch the bones. it was the worst way to die.

Their wings were the most beautiful things. They were almost invisible against the sky, transparent almost, and the iciest blue, youíd shiver just to look at them.
But delicate these were not, not like normal dragons wings that could be ripped with a blade. These were as tough as steel and could blow you over with a single beat.

It was lucky the dragons were scavengers, and not fighters. or else the humans would be doomed.

Then, all at once the biggest dragon roared, he was about twenty foot from tip to tail, very big for a scavenger. The icy noise filled every ear with worry, but not a sould flinched and the sound slowly echoed into nothing.Then the war-cries went up.

It had began.

i might write some more, depending on responce.

cheers, FF
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:17
"period drama"
that should've got your attention.

anyway, i just thought of this idea for a story, thought you might be interested.
please take time to read it.

here goes....

Scaln looked, shivering, up into the icy sky, and beyond it towards their sun. It was now just a hazy red ball, in the last stages of existence. Ever since he was a child the sun had been his sign that life would prevail, but now was slowly dying and taking all life with it.

Their planet was now a ice-world of beings, fighting for survival. But they all knew that even survival would end in death.
The sun would die, the little light they had would be taken from them and the bitter cold would become infinitely unbearable.
Yet the war still had meaning, for some, at least. They had something to fight for. But Scaln had nothing.

He stared across the snow-plains to their enemy, the Black Giants. These were a horrible race that had spread at great speed over their small world from the north after it became frozen.
They had tangled piles of grimy black hair all over their bodies, usually stained with blood and their tiny eyes squinted out like black stars. the tallest stood about twelve foot high, and the shortest ten but all were pure muscle.

Each one had their battle-dress wrapped around them, these were a collection of their killsí skins, teeth, horns and claws all masterfully put together by their wives and always being expanded after a hunt.
And, though they didnít really need it, they all carried a great slab of something (wood, metal, stone) for battle.

The Ice-Dragons circled up above, waiting for the battle to start. They could smell the tension from a great distance and would decide, as always, when the battle began.But were not like normal dragons.
For one, they breathed ice. Great clouds of near-frozen acid, thrown up from their iron stomachs. This ice would freeze a human, but keep them alive, then the acid would cool down and eat away at their flesh. The dragons would then swoop down and eat their food whole, if you were lucky. If you werenít they would just come and sit patiently beside your burning body until you were dead, then crunch the bones. it was the worst way to die.

Their wings were the most beautiful things. They were almost invisible against the sky, transparent almost, and the iciest blue, youíd shiver just to look at them.
But delicate these were not, not like normal dragons wings that could be ripped with a blade. These were as tough as steel and could blow you over with a single beat.

It was lucky the dragons were scavengers, and not fighters. or else the humans would be doomed.

Then, all at once the biggest dragon roared, he was about twenty foot from tip to tail, very big for a scavenger. The icy noise filled every ear with worry, but not a sould flinched and the sound slowly echoed into nothing.Then the war-cries went up.

It had began.

i might write some more, depending on responce.

cheers, FF
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:19
"period drama"
damn it!

i meant

'it had begun'

and cheers FFF
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:20
Regular
"i might write some more, depending on responce."

Nobody Reply to this topic! Please! :-D
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:22
sorry Dav1d, i like it. Yay for FFF
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:24
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Not a bad story, but I've heard bad reports of you. What exactly do you get up to on Special Reserve forums then that is so naughty? Anywho, back on topic, I think that you need to present it a bit better with the paragraphs and all. Hope I helped. R@ckstar.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:28
"period drama"
it was well presented, nut that hurt my eyes when i looked at it.
most people complain if you don't set it out in little chunks anyway.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:31
Regular
when he was a newbie he was a terrible spammer and its basicly stuck with him/her heshe isnt as bad now but its still in his blood....
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:35
Regular
Well, I suppose he's not as bad as Torax.......
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:44
Regular
that is true
and that photo genetic or what ever her name is
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:45
"period drama"
i'm still here by the way.
i thought this would turn into a conversation about me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.