GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consoles that will live forever."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 18:49
Regular
This may look very familiar to a console war between ëPlayStation 2í, ëGamecubeí and ëXBOXí; definitely something that no one enjoys reading about. However, you will be happy to know that itís not. In fact, this topic is about which console is best to choose from and which one of them is going to last.

OkayÖyou have Sonyís PlayStation 2; a well-known and very anticipated console. A new opponent arriving to the games industry is Microsoft. With the ëXBOXí soon to be released, Microsoft is hoping to change the way we look at games, but with Nintendoís ëGamecubeí on the grid, thereís no telling what could turn around for whom.

PlayStation 2 has already got many companies backing it up, with several exclusive titles and many others with added extras, that no other console will ever have. The XBOX on the other hand, has also got a great line-up of games set for itís launch date, and like the PlayStation, it also holds exclusive titles such as, ìHaloî and ìOddworld: Munch's Odysseyî. And let's not forget about Gamecubeís launch line-up also. Games exclusive for Nintendoís machine are very promising. The Gamecube will hold titles such as, ìStar Wars: Rogue Squadron IIî and of course, ìLegend Of Zeldaî.

As you can see, each console stands in its own way, and knowing which one will receive more attention is very hard to tell.

I consider ëPlayStation 2í getting the most attention. Its ëHard Driveí is soon to be released, along with a vast mount of games coming out almost every week, giving us something great to look forward to.
Sun 28/10/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
This may look very familiar to a console war between ëPlayStation 2í, ëGamecubeí and ëXBOXí; definitely something that no one enjoys reading about. However, you will be happy to know that itís not. In fact, this topic is about which console is best to choose from and which one of them is going to last.

OkayÖyou have Sonyís PlayStation 2; a well-known and very anticipated console. A new opponent arriving to the games industry is Microsoft. With the ëXBOXí soon to be released, Microsoft is hoping to change the way we look at games, but with Nintendoís ëGamecubeí on the grid, thereís no telling what could turn around for whom.

PlayStation 2 has already got many companies backing it up, with several exclusive titles and many others with added extras, that no other console will ever have. The XBOX on the other hand, has also got a great line-up of games set for itís launch date, and like the PlayStation, it also holds exclusive titles such as, ìHaloî and ìOddworld: Munch's Odysseyî. And let's not forget about Gamecubeís launch line-up also. Games exclusive for Nintendoís machine are very promising. The Gamecube will hold titles such as, ìStar Wars: Rogue Squadron IIî and of course, ìLegend Of Zeldaî.

As you can see, each console stands in its own way, and knowing which one will receive more attention is very hard to tell.

I consider ëPlayStation 2í getting the most attention. Its ëHard Driveí is soon to be released, along with a vast mount of games coming out almost every week, giving us something great to look forward to.
Mon 29/10/01 at 00:22
Regular
the only "console" that will live forever is the original pong
or the space invaders table you know the big big thing oh yeah!
Mon 29/10/01 at 00:25
Hmmm.... don't all console wars topics start like this?

Pong and space invaders are games, not consoles.

The SNES will last forever, I can only hope something else can one day compete with its brilliance.
Mon 29/10/01 at 00:37
Regular
i did put console in " "
Mon 29/10/01 at 00:46
This is true. But it still reads wrong.
Mon 29/10/01 at 00:59
Regular
yeah but you knew what i meant so i'm not bothered
Mon 29/10/01 at 09:07
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
A message for all that read this topic

Don't be alramed at what others say. Your opinion is totally up to you and you alone, don't worry about what one thinks of that. Say what you feel is true. If one says your wrong...it doesn't matter, because at the end of the day...you know that you are right.

p.s. for those that think this is a console war...well please don't think it is. It's just to see people's opinions by allowing them to vote on their favorite console...that's all.

Hope you all enjoy this topic and I am looking forward to reading other posts as well.

Thank you

Son Of Liberty

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.