GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"zelda anyone else annoyed?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Fri 30/05/03 at 12:41
Regular
dont get me wrong, i think the zelda games are great, especially wind waker, but theres so mant flaws that keep happening again and again. Like whenever you open a chest and theres rubees in it and you cant skip the pointless "your face lights up!" and all that rubbish. Or when you find a treasure chart, or a map or a cumpass or an anything else and you can't skip all the nonsence tellin you how to use it that you already know and have read a thousand times before.

Plus all the dungeons are basically the same, only slitly harder and bigger. the challenges are similar to ones you've already done and they take little time to solve(normally with the new irem you aquired in that dungeon)and its the only kind of puzzle you'll see for the rest of the dungeon.

And as far as i can see, there are no big side quests. theres looking for all the treasure under the see, but have of them only give you money. the trading game is long for something that only gives you the magic armour, and how many people actually use it? i know i don't. And when i get to something you think is a helpful side quest, e.g. finding the fire and ise arrows, it turns out that you need them!

And(thats right, theres more!) why is the SSSSOOOOOO much water between places? even with the cyclone spell it still take a screen or so of slow sailing to get to most places.

i find myself switching it off in the middle of play because i can't be bothered to do the same thing i've done a thousand times before.

but i still play it:)
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:57
Regular
Fishtobeking wrote:
> §niper wrote:
> I love sailing and exploring islands.
>
> It's good fun but I found it gets a bit boring as it takes such a long
> time to get frm one place to another.

I actually find it facinating... although i'd much rather be on horseback, it was a nice change.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:53
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
from* its my keyboards fault the spelling was wrong, not me. Need to press the keys hard to get it to even work. I think I need a new keyboard.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
§niper wrote:

It's good fun but I found it gets a bit boring as it takes such a long time to get frm one place to another.
Fri 30/05/03 at 16:47
Regular
§niper wrote:

Agreed.
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:54
Regular
"Festivus!"
I'm annoyed at it in general.

It'd gone all animal crossing on me...

'Addiction, addiction, Addiction... Can't play'
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Monkey.
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:15
Regular
I love sailing and exploring islands.
Fri 30/05/03 at 13:23
Regular
Tiny flaws that I can ignore to play such a great game. If you let those flaws get in the way of you enjoying the best game ever then well, ur weird! Anyway you can skip the bit when u get compass etc. jst press A three time and ur done.
Fri 30/05/03 at 12:41
Regular
"Don't hate me for i"
dont get me wrong, i think the zelda games are great, especially wind waker, but theres so mant flaws that keep happening again and again. Like whenever you open a chest and theres rubees in it and you cant skip the pointless "your face lights up!" and all that rubbish. Or when you find a treasure chart, or a map or a cumpass or an anything else and you can't skip all the nonsence tellin you how to use it that you already know and have read a thousand times before.

Plus all the dungeons are basically the same, only slitly harder and bigger. the challenges are similar to ones you've already done and they take little time to solve(normally with the new irem you aquired in that dungeon)and its the only kind of puzzle you'll see for the rest of the dungeon.

And as far as i can see, there are no big side quests. theres looking for all the treasure under the see, but have of them only give you money. the trading game is long for something that only gives you the magic armour, and how many people actually use it? i know i don't. And when i get to something you think is a helpful side quest, e.g. finding the fire and ise arrows, it turns out that you need them!

And(thats right, theres more!) why is the SSSSOOOOOO much water between places? even with the cyclone spell it still take a screen or so of slow sailing to get to most places.

i find myself switching it off in the middle of play because i can't be bothered to do the same thing i've done a thousand times before.

but i still play it:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.