GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT3 or GTA3?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 16:15
Regular
a simple question for you all.

What is the best game, Grand Theft Auto 3 or Gran Turismo 3?

that is all
tnx
andy
Wed 31/10/01 at 20:10
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah it's really hard to compare two totally different games....
Wed 31/10/01 at 18:44
Regular
"round the outside"
how can u compare them 2 each other there totally different apart from driving around in cars but there is no comparison at all . u dont get nissan skylines in gta3 and u dont get police cars in GT3.
Tue 30/10/01 at 11:03
GTA3 is awesome... total freedom to work for who you want and do whatever you want... kill, steal, deal, anything... its cool and the best PS2 game so far...
Tue 30/10/01 at 10:32
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
No offense to the man ssxpro, as he may well be
> right!

However, to the chap asking the initial question, I think its only
> fair that you know that ssxpro doesn't own GTA3 and as such doesn't yet know the
> scale of his wrongness ;-)

I don`t own it. Never will. My brother does though. That`s where I get my opinion from.

It`ll be great fun for a bit, but it`ll eventaully wear off. GT3 will always give you that same feeling when you nail the perfect corner, or achieve your fastest lap ever.... etc...
Mon 29/10/01 at 13:50
ssxpro wrote:
> GT3 definitely. Still play it now - even after completion. Tryin` to get all the
> cars now.

I think most answers will be GTA3 for now, as its the new thing.
> If you look back in a few months, GT3`ll probably be on top!

No offense to the man ssxpro, as he may well be right!

However, to the chap asking the initial question, I think its only fair that you know that ssxpro doesn't own GTA3 and as such doesn't yet know the scale of his wrongness ;-)
Mon 29/10/01 at 13:25
"High polygon count"
GT3 is an amazing game, and will last you for weeks or month, depending on how often/how long you play it for. It's very addictive, looks and sounds amazing, but at the end of the day, it's a very simple concept - race cars and win.

GTA3 doesn't look as visually stunning, but it's many games rolled into one. It's GT3, Crazy Taxi, Driver and Carmageddon all in one incredibly neat package - and it sounds fantastic, from the cars to the sirens, through the gunfire and on to the radio station. A far deeper game than GT3.

Both games are worthy of a place in any PS2 owner's collection, but if you absolutely were only allowed one game in the next three months, it should be GTA3. GT3 will always be a must-have, though.
Mon 29/10/01 at 13:21
Regular
I just went to IGN. They agree. Top ten had GT3 at 1, and GTA3 at 2. Close, but the winner - they say - could be there until MGS2.
Mon 29/10/01 at 13:14
Regular
GT3 definitely. Still play it now - even after completion. Tryin` to get all the cars now.

I think most answers will be GTA3 for now, as its the new thing. If you look back in a few months, GT3`ll probably be on top!
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:31
Grand Theft Auto 3! Without a shadow of a turnips doubt!

GT3 Is fantastic, but you can't run people over, or do drive by's, or flip your car and then have it explode and take out 8 policemen.

Ahhhhhhhhh GTA3. It's the daddy of all games.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:14
Regular
GTA3 GTA3 GTA3 GTA3!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.