GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats your fav XBL game??????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/03 at 14:56
Regular
just picked up my XBL starter disk, broadband is heading my way on 18/6 and XBL will be waiting :0)
On the demo disk you can only play 'Whacked' offline, 1 I wont be playing on XBL I assure you, I was hoping to play the demos for motoGP & Mechassualt but no joy.
I've heard that Castle wolfenstein is sup to be good on XBL and I'm up for getting a few online games....any suggestions?????
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:24
Regular
well I've got Castle wolfenstein, and am looking for motoGP2 this weekend.....is anything else worth grabbing?

I'm getting 512k adsl on the 18th, I've got a modem/router with my pc and xbox connected with seperate RJ45 leads. I've been told that if both are online at the same time then my bandwidth(?) will be split between the two......will 256k still be ok for XBL or will it be much better with the full 512k connection to itself????

cheers
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Theres a much better community feel to XBox Live - what with the friends list and inviting eachother to games, etc. This will be made even better when the XBox Live chat rooms arrive towards the end of the year.

The head set is owned by all users so theres no need for crappy typing - you'll be surprised how much actually hearing everyone improves the experience.
Everyone is using broadband - so theres no fear of dial up users coming along and screwing up games. Lag happens at times of course on certain games, but nowhere near the level you experience on PC.

XSN sports - a mouth watering prospect for all sports games fans. Instead of just playing a single game against someone - you can have a league set up with you and a bunch of your friends that you've met online. Not only that, but Microsoft were also talking about taking it further with things like sports columns where you could be reading about your super bowl win the day after you achieved it - just like reading the paper after your teams big cup win. :-)
XSN sports looks a bloody great idea which is why I'm not too bother with EA whining and stamping their feet.

Plus XBox Live will be using stuff like mobile phones to keep you updated with downloadable content and I think also things like the high score tables in games. I think XSN sports might even use the mobile phone area too to keep you updated with whats happening in the league you're in, etc.

Overall, PC gaming can sod off cause XBox Live rules ! ;-)
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:14
Regular
i don't have xbox live. how does it compare to regular online gaming on your PC? I really fancy a go at Mech Assault in a team game, but am not sure.
Sat 31/05/03 at 00:01
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
officially? there prob right with Moto gp 2

If ya have xbconnect its Halo, Sorry guys :P
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:35
"slightlyshortertagl"
For the whole of Sav's post in one word;

'MotoGP2'

;)
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:13
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wolfenstein is definatly the best Live game so far in my opinion. Moto GP 2 is also a damn good online game. Mech Assault is good, but its been left in the shadows a little now cause of the 2 games I just mentioned. Problem is its more of a game about "positioning" than skill. Basically you really can't dodge an opponents fire so its important to stick with your squad if you wanna keep your deaths down and your kills up.

Ghost Recon is basically a marmite game - love it or hate it - for me its the latter. Can't stand the way its one shot kill. Realistic yes, but at the end of the day it becomes a who sees who first shooter and unlike real life, you can't react half as effectively to coming under fire as you would if its real life.

Whacked! is crap. The original Moto GP is good but the sequel is a lot better to play. The sports titles that are online will appeal to anyone particularly interested in the ones available such as NFL, NHL and NBA.
Capcom Vs SNK - bloody good....well it would be if the XBox controller wasn't so uselessfor the game - unfortunatly most fights end up as a button bashing session.

Hope that helps a little. ;-)
Fri 30/05/03 at 14:56
Regular
just picked up my XBL starter disk, broadband is heading my way on 18/6 and XBL will be waiting :0)
On the demo disk you can only play 'Whacked' offline, 1 I wont be playing on XBL I assure you, I was hoping to play the demos for motoGP & Mechassualt but no joy.
I've heard that Castle wolfenstein is sup to be good on XBL and I'm up for getting a few online games....any suggestions?????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.