GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wrestling Up The Perfect WWF Game"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 14:39
Regular
WWF Smackdown3, WWF Raw is War, WWF No Mercy, all 3 are wwf games, but they are different styles, I would like other users to contribute their ideas about what would make the perfect wwf game.

Personally, I would start with the control system of No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000, with the light and the heavy tie ups, this is because it allows the most moves, and therefore allows your custom characters to be as you want them, however I would also include some of the features that the smackdown system has and allow you to perform moves from more situations eg.stuns, tied in ropes etc. and I would allow the characters to link moves together eg. Powerbomb into x factor for a character with both moves by starting a powerbomb and pressing the buttons for x factor at the right time. However I would spped it up so that it is at least the speed the old Acclaim WWF games like Attitude were, because wwf no mercy can be slow at times.

Then the next most important thing is the custom character option, This is vitally important as it allows you to create your own characters and update the games roster as real wwf roster changes. Being able to customise the built in characters completely would be best, including their moves (something that was lacking from wwf no mercy et al) this would allow complete control of the roster so if someone changes their finishing move or stops doing a move you can update it accordingly, it would also mean that people with two finishing manouvers eg. al snow with the snow plough and the urinage powerbomb, can have their finishers switched between by the player, customising their characters to their favourite settings.

Another important feature is match types, I would propose a system similar to that of wwf attitude where you turn a match feature on or off rather than choosing a match, this would allow complete control and some more unusual matches, eg. a ladder cage match, or a hardcore royal rumble, as well as allowing you to recreate unusual matches from the past eg. Kennel from hell by turning cage on, cell on, pins off, submissions off, dq off, escape on.

Then the last thing is details, such as they have to go over the top rope in a royal rumble as opposed to just being knocked out of the ring. Before wwf pay per view main events you should follow the participants from the locker room to the ring with the familiar beat just like wwf ppv's, at raw etc you should see people preparing etc. Entrances should be authentic and look exactly as they do on tv.

This is just a start, and I would actively encourage others to add to this idea, or to argue with me about points, serious criticisms and alternative views are welcomed.
Tue 30/10/01 at 21:15
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yes i do, a great post Genesisofthesith (did i spell that wright) Keep up the good work. :P
Tue 30/10/01 at 14:53
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Anyone have any comments?
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:39
"MMMMM, Chicken"
WWF Smackdown3, WWF Raw is War, WWF No Mercy, all 3 are wwf games, but they are different styles, I would like other users to contribute their ideas about what would make the perfect wwf game.

Personally, I would start with the control system of No Mercy/Wrestlemania 2000, with the light and the heavy tie ups, this is because it allows the most moves, and therefore allows your custom characters to be as you want them, however I would also include some of the features that the smackdown system has and allow you to perform moves from more situations eg.stuns, tied in ropes etc. and I would allow the characters to link moves together eg. Powerbomb into x factor for a character with both moves by starting a powerbomb and pressing the buttons for x factor at the right time. However I would spped it up so that it is at least the speed the old Acclaim WWF games like Attitude were, because wwf no mercy can be slow at times.

Then the next most important thing is the custom character option, This is vitally important as it allows you to create your own characters and update the games roster as real wwf roster changes. Being able to customise the built in characters completely would be best, including their moves (something that was lacking from wwf no mercy et al) this would allow complete control of the roster so if someone changes their finishing move or stops doing a move you can update it accordingly, it would also mean that people with two finishing manouvers eg. al snow with the snow plough and the urinage powerbomb, can have their finishers switched between by the player, customising their characters to their favourite settings.

Another important feature is match types, I would propose a system similar to that of wwf attitude where you turn a match feature on or off rather than choosing a match, this would allow complete control and some more unusual matches, eg. a ladder cage match, or a hardcore royal rumble, as well as allowing you to recreate unusual matches from the past eg. Kennel from hell by turning cage on, cell on, pins off, submissions off, dq off, escape on.

Then the last thing is details, such as they have to go over the top rope in a royal rumble as opposed to just being knocked out of the ring. Before wwf pay per view main events you should follow the participants from the locker room to the ring with the familiar beat just like wwf ppv's, at raw etc you should see people preparing etc. Entrances should be authentic and look exactly as they do on tv.

This is just a start, and I would actively encourage others to add to this idea, or to argue with me about points, serious criticisms and alternative views are welcomed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.