GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soul Calibre 2: Impressions?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soul Calibur 2'.
Fri 30/05/03 at 19:46
Regular
I've seen the game rolling on the PS2 and it 'looks' quite good (though I think the Dreamcast original looked better), but, and it's a big BUT, the speech of the characters is appalling. I wish it could be changed for the UK release (which I very much thought) as some, or maybe all of the fighters sound like Disney characters. The girls sound like squeaky Mickey Mouse and the men just sound well corny. What also annoyed me was the poor scripting of the fighters. With such childish one liners as "your a naughty girl!", which comes from a spanish looking guy to a girl who replies "Yeehaa!". Oh dear god, kill me :(. So the voice 'talent' isn't all that talented then. What do you think? Have you heard the speech in the game? And was it this bad in the DC original? I think it's such a shame that good games can get ruined by other aspects of their own selves.
Sun 01/06/03 at 10:51
Regular
"  "
cat luver wrote:
> it is only for gamecube

St00pid!
Sun 01/06/03 at 10:51
Regular
"zelda champion"
cat luver wrote:
> it is only for gamecube ///would nintendo sell link to sony i think not
Sun 01/06/03 at 10:43
Regular
"zelda champion"
it is only for gamecube
Sat 31/05/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Who cares about speech?

I don't know about most other people, but as soon as I finish a fight in a beat-em-up I just skip the speech anyway.

Anyway, it's gonna be a corker of a game.
Sat 31/05/03 at 19:54
Regular
"where's my tag?"
But the speech in Soul Calibre 2 is REALLY bad.
Fri 30/05/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
The Soul Calibur series is my favourite beat-em-up series ever.

Soul Blade was great for it's time and it's follow up on the DC was brilliant, if this next installment can provide the same high 'calibur' as the others then it'll be a dead cert winner.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:51
Regular
Its a fighting game, who wants speech?! Dead or Alive has the most appauling Japanese voice overs but who cares? The game is fantastic and hopefully Soul Calibur 2 will play the same way. The original was a master piece and although it might not be as original as Soul Calibur was it should have a fantastic in game engine.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:06
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I ment 'dought' not 'thought'.
Fri 30/05/03 at 19:46
Regular
"where's my tag?"
I've seen the game rolling on the PS2 and it 'looks' quite good (though I think the Dreamcast original looked better), but, and it's a big BUT, the speech of the characters is appalling. I wish it could be changed for the UK release (which I very much thought) as some, or maybe all of the fighters sound like Disney characters. The girls sound like squeaky Mickey Mouse and the men just sound well corny. What also annoyed me was the poor scripting of the fighters. With such childish one liners as "your a naughty girl!", which comes from a spanish looking guy to a girl who replies "Yeehaa!". Oh dear god, kill me :(. So the voice 'talent' isn't all that talented then. What do you think? Have you heard the speech in the game? And was it this bad in the DC original? I think it's such a shame that good games can get ruined by other aspects of their own selves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.