GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Europe have sealed their fate"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 09:10
Regular
With the recent events involving the heavily rumoured European launch of the GameCube. I think it's absolutely disgusting the way Nintendo Europe have treated the European gaming community, but really, we shouldn't have expected anything less now though should we? I believe Nintendo Europe have sealed their fate as far as I'm concerned

This is the primary reason why I choose to import rather than pay "rip-off Britain" prices and wait months on end for releases. Why do we take it?

Sony has already gained a strong foothold in the European market and I really can't see them letting that slip somehow, anyone to suggest otherwise is probably kidding himself or herself. You have to look at the facts. Sony have reduced the console to an attractive price of £200 which has been evident in the sales figures for the console, the forthcoming games are looking tasty indeed and let us not forget the impending threat of Microsoft's X-Box.

Now tell me, what can Nintendo Europe do about that? But then again, I'm not sure they particularly care if we're not that much of a priority.

My solution? Import if you can, don't give Nintendo Europe the satisfaction that they can treat European consumers like this and expect people to swallow it.
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Just in Nintendos defence the UK release isn't gonna be a year after the Japan release. Actually it'll b 6 months (Sept-March) as long as we get a March release which is strongly rumoured and practically confirmed by EA when they let slip their release date for SSX tricky for GameCube. Anyways some of us can't afford to import. If the prices are so bad then I'm gonna buy stuff off Ebay, but I can't afford to import a machine.

But it is true- Nintendo must take Europe more seriously or lose all hope of keeping any market at all here.
Sun 28/10/01 at 13:21
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
If *they* had released the console by Christmas 2001, then Nintendo would at least have a fair crack of gaining a little foothold in the market, they wouldn't dominate the market, but at least they would gain somewhat of a user-base at least.

But as it is, it's that all too familiar feeling of deja vu all over again...
Sun 28/10/01 at 13:12
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Agreed! Nintendo seriously need to do something concerning the European market, they stated that they wasn't going to make the same mistakes they did with the N64, yeah looking that way isn't it Nintendo, pah!

If they release their console before christmas wouldn't more people buy it? Of course they would! Nooooo Nintendo say lets release it sometime in the summer when people dont play games because they are all out enjoying the summer!

Nintendo need to sort out their European marketing strategies!
Sun 28/10/01 at 12:54
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
But that's just it man, Nintendo will NEVER take the European market seriously. If they had, they wouldn't have delayed the console a YEAR after release in it's native Japan.

They're taking the European's for a bunch of mugs sometimes. As much as I adore the games they produce, I will not wait for an inferior GameCube to that of the US/Jap market and pay a higher price for it. It's importing all the way man :)

But, whatever you decide to do man, good luck and I hope you enjoy it :)
Sun 28/10/01 at 09:32
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
The only problem with that idea is that if everyone buys import Gamecubes then noone will buy one when it comes out in the UK. Then Nintendo will see that noone in the UK likes their console and so will stop bringing out games

We need everyone to go about 5 Gamecubes when it's released so that Nintendo might start to take the UK more seriously!

:)
Sun 28/10/01 at 09:10
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
With the recent events involving the heavily rumoured European launch of the GameCube. I think it's absolutely disgusting the way Nintendo Europe have treated the European gaming community, but really, we shouldn't have expected anything less now though should we? I believe Nintendo Europe have sealed their fate as far as I'm concerned

This is the primary reason why I choose to import rather than pay "rip-off Britain" prices and wait months on end for releases. Why do we take it?

Sony has already gained a strong foothold in the European market and I really can't see them letting that slip somehow, anyone to suggest otherwise is probably kidding himself or herself. You have to look at the facts. Sony have reduced the console to an attractive price of £200 which has been evident in the sales figures for the console, the forthcoming games are looking tasty indeed and let us not forget the impending threat of Microsoft's X-Box.

Now tell me, what can Nintendo Europe do about that? But then again, I'm not sure they particularly care if we're not that much of a priority.

My solution? Import if you can, don't give Nintendo Europe the satisfaction that they can treat European consumers like this and expect people to swallow it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.