GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Indy Wrestling Results..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 09:04
Regular
I arrived at 6:05pm and the doors opened 40 minutes later, so I just talked to my brother to fill the time. When the doors opened, my bro got our seats and I checked out the merchandise.

45 minutes later.

Let Me Entertain You blasts over the PA system and the ring announcer walks out. We are informed that instead of having the regular 5 match card, it has been changed to a 7 match card for the "King Of The Ring" tournament. After a few notices, they get right into the action with the first Quarter Final in the "King Of The Ring" tournament.

Phil Powers .vs. Derek Williams

Normally, Powers would be a face, but tonight, the crowd rooted for Williams. Powers did some mike work, saying that he moved away from Chelmsford 3 years ago because he hated it and moved to Dagenham. The crowd were angry and a barrage of boos ensued. Quite an interesting match, with some decent moves, but no Jericho or Benoit stuff here. Still, an average match.

Winner: Phil Powers at 9:15.

Dick The Bruiser .vs. Bash

The crowd loved Bash as he came out to We Will Rock You. Clad in a baseball jersey and sporting a baseball bat, the crowd lapped it up. Bash barely wrestled at all in the match but still managed to pull away the easy win.

Winner: Bash at 6:04

D-Lon Rules .vs. Tiny Tom Farm

The crowd cracked up when they saw how tiny Tom Farm was. Heck, the ring announcer was bigger than him. It was another easy ring for the karate-outfit clad Rules.

Winner: D-Lon Rules at 7:07

Ricky Night .vs. Zebra Kid

I would consider this match of the night. At many points, it could have gone either way, but in the end, Kid was able to pull it away.

Winner: Zebra Kid at 13:37

INTERVAL

During the interval, my brother and I got a picture with Zebra Kid and Bash.

Semi-Finals

Phil Powers .vs. D-Lon Rules

A little boring but in the end, Powers pulled away the submission victory.

Winner: Phil Powers via submission at 7:14

Bash .vs. Zebra Kid

At this point, a lot of the crowd were out of their seats and waiting at the entrance way to touch the wrestlers (myself included). This was a face .vs. face environment and so very hard to call. In the end however, Bash missed a Diving Headbutt and the match was stopped. I must admit, it seemed rather real.

Winner: Zebra Kid via stoppage at 7:21

FINALS

Anything Goes: Zebra Kid .vs. Phil Powers

As soon as Bash had been removed from ringside, Powers ran down and attacked Kid. This was a rater entertaning match. Chairs were used and Powers was pushed off the turnbuckle and through a table to give Kid the win.

Winner: Zebra Kid

Overall, I would say this is the 2nd best I've seen (I've been to 4). It had a mix of great matches and the crowd atmosphere was amazing. It did have it's funny moments too, such as when the table fell over and the bell didn't work. It was some good, clean fun an a great Saturday night out. If you live in Chelmsford or the surrounding areas, I highly recommend that you check out the next one in the new year. Chcek your local newspaper in January for details.
Sun 28/10/01 at 09:04
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I arrived at 6:05pm and the doors opened 40 minutes later, so I just talked to my brother to fill the time. When the doors opened, my bro got our seats and I checked out the merchandise.

45 minutes later.

Let Me Entertain You blasts over the PA system and the ring announcer walks out. We are informed that instead of having the regular 5 match card, it has been changed to a 7 match card for the "King Of The Ring" tournament. After a few notices, they get right into the action with the first Quarter Final in the "King Of The Ring" tournament.

Phil Powers .vs. Derek Williams

Normally, Powers would be a face, but tonight, the crowd rooted for Williams. Powers did some mike work, saying that he moved away from Chelmsford 3 years ago because he hated it and moved to Dagenham. The crowd were angry and a barrage of boos ensued. Quite an interesting match, with some decent moves, but no Jericho or Benoit stuff here. Still, an average match.

Winner: Phil Powers at 9:15.

Dick The Bruiser .vs. Bash

The crowd loved Bash as he came out to We Will Rock You. Clad in a baseball jersey and sporting a baseball bat, the crowd lapped it up. Bash barely wrestled at all in the match but still managed to pull away the easy win.

Winner: Bash at 6:04

D-Lon Rules .vs. Tiny Tom Farm

The crowd cracked up when they saw how tiny Tom Farm was. Heck, the ring announcer was bigger than him. It was another easy ring for the karate-outfit clad Rules.

Winner: D-Lon Rules at 7:07

Ricky Night .vs. Zebra Kid

I would consider this match of the night. At many points, it could have gone either way, but in the end, Kid was able to pull it away.

Winner: Zebra Kid at 13:37

INTERVAL

During the interval, my brother and I got a picture with Zebra Kid and Bash.

Semi-Finals

Phil Powers .vs. D-Lon Rules

A little boring but in the end, Powers pulled away the submission victory.

Winner: Phil Powers via submission at 7:14

Bash .vs. Zebra Kid

At this point, a lot of the crowd were out of their seats and waiting at the entrance way to touch the wrestlers (myself included). This was a face .vs. face environment and so very hard to call. In the end however, Bash missed a Diving Headbutt and the match was stopped. I must admit, it seemed rather real.

Winner: Zebra Kid via stoppage at 7:21

FINALS

Anything Goes: Zebra Kid .vs. Phil Powers

As soon as Bash had been removed from ringside, Powers ran down and attacked Kid. This was a rater entertaning match. Chairs were used and Powers was pushed off the turnbuckle and through a table to give Kid the win.

Winner: Zebra Kid

Overall, I would say this is the 2nd best I've seen (I've been to 4). It had a mix of great matches and the crowd atmosphere was amazing. It did have it's funny moments too, such as when the table fell over and the bell didn't work. It was some good, clean fun an a great Saturday night out. If you live in Chelmsford or the surrounding areas, I highly recommend that you check out the next one in the new year. Chcek your local newspaper in January for details.
Sun 28/10/01 at 09:46
Regular
Sounds like fun Shaneo, but i hate long posts!
Sun 28/10/01 at 09:47
Regular
When i look at it now it doesn't look that long, sorry
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:45
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Meh. Thanks RKS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.