GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Magazine?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/10/01 at 07:41
Regular
Yesterdaay I went to a massive store that sold nearly every magazine there was to do with computing. At this store I realised how many computer gaming magazines there actually are. There is at least six for each format. Playstation gamers had the most chioce at around 11 magazines, followed by PC with around 9 and then N64 with around 8 then Gameboy with 6 magazines. There where alot more magazines than this because there where some for Apple Mac user, Dreamcast, retro consoles. And then there is the multi format magazines, there is about 7 of them.

The thing is with all them magazines about how do you choose which one you want to read? Is it the free gift, or the front cover, or the storys inside, or is it because you've alway read that mag and cant be bothered to change?
Also what magazines do you read (related to gaming) and which one is your favourite?
Sun 28/10/01 at 07:41
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Yesterdaay I went to a massive store that sold nearly every magazine there was to do with computing. At this store I realised how many computer gaming magazines there actually are. There is at least six for each format. Playstation gamers had the most chioce at around 11 magazines, followed by PC with around 9 and then N64 with around 8 then Gameboy with 6 magazines. There where alot more magazines than this because there where some for Apple Mac user, Dreamcast, retro consoles. And then there is the multi format magazines, there is about 7 of them.

The thing is with all them magazines about how do you choose which one you want to read? Is it the free gift, or the front cover, or the storys inside, or is it because you've alway read that mag and cant be bothered to change?
Also what magazines do you read (related to gaming) and which one is your favourite?
Sun 28/10/01 at 08:14
Game Boy Advance, N64.
Sun 28/10/01 at 09:49
PC gamer. Best reviews, previews, scoops and discs. If u own a PC get this one
Sun 28/10/01 at 09:59
Stupid me, I spend £20 on mags per month!
I don't know why, but I just love reading them!

I get:

Official Nintendo Magazine
NGC
GBX Magazine
Dreamcast Magazine
Computer and Video Games mag
Edge
Official Playstation 2 Magazine

crazy i know. I think i'll stop getting Official Nintendo Magazine and eventually Dreamcast magazine will end!
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:03
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
I think that the best Nintendo magazine would have to be NGC! It can appeal to all ages better than the other ones!
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:26
OPS2 is the best younow get 7 playable demos for your PS2
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:29
Regular
"round the outside"
OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION 2 MAGAZINE though i think its 2 expensive £5 too much though good demos like time crisis 2 an kloanoa
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:33
yeh like i said
but this months out next week has smackdown3 dropship WRC and loads more
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:34
Regular
""
NGC'''' Formely known as N64''''

The best darn magazine about... It is really.
Sun 28/10/01 at 10:36
PC Gamer. This is the magazine for PC gaming. It has excellent reviews that are very accurate. ALdo there are good previews of upcoming games. Many more features are included too. The two demo discs are full with the latest and best demo's around. Like UFGO said if you own a PC then this is the magazine to get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.