GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo getting tough"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 10:23
Regular
I recently started trading with an import website called TQGames.com based in Devon. I wanted the Platinum Wavebird controller and was about the buy it. I visited their site a couple of days ago and 'SHOCK HORROR' theyve had to close down!

Apparently, Nintendo and their lawyers have 'asked' them not to continue selling games / software / hardware that should not be for sale in countries other than Japan and the US!

TQ Games, quite obviously, do not have the financial backing to fight this sort of demand and therefore have had to close.

Looks like Nintendo really are cracking down on the importers!
Get these things while you can or you may be disappointed.

P.S - I got my Platinum Wavebid from Lik-Sang.com in the end, GREAT SITE!
Sat 31/05/03 at 10:23
Regular
"Conker the King"
I recently started trading with an import website called TQGames.com based in Devon. I wanted the Platinum Wavebird controller and was about the buy it. I visited their site a couple of days ago and 'SHOCK HORROR' theyve had to close down!

Apparently, Nintendo and their lawyers have 'asked' them not to continue selling games / software / hardware that should not be for sale in countries other than Japan and the US!

TQ Games, quite obviously, do not have the financial backing to fight this sort of demand and therefore have had to close.

Looks like Nintendo really are cracking down on the importers!
Get these things while you can or you may be disappointed.

P.S - I got my Platinum Wavebid from Lik-Sang.com in the end, GREAT SITE!
Sat 31/05/03 at 10:40
Regular
"Remember me?"
THE DAY OF RECONING IS CLOSE AT HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! etc
Sat 31/05/03 at 10:44
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Hey, does anyone remember when Nintendo stopped CEX at the West-End from selling import Gamecubes and then about a year later, CEX sued Nintendo for raising the N64 prices and they won too.

That was a weird year.

: D
Sat 31/05/03 at 11:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I wonder if they'll get CA Games.

Hmm... they'd better not.
Sat 31/05/03 at 11:55
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
You forget. Yes, sites are slowly shutting down, but hello, eBay!

Y'know, the site where people buy the software/hardware/water balloons themselves and then sell them.

Yes.
Sat 31/05/03 at 14:48
Regular
"Conker the King"
Microchips wrote:
> You forget. Yes, sites are slowly shutting down, but hello, eBay!
>
> Y'know, the site where people buy the software/hardware/water balloons
> themselves and then sell them.
>
> Yes.

You find a Platinum Wavebird on e-bay and I'll eat my hat (my N64 hat of course)!
Sat 31/05/03 at 14:56
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Sat 31/05/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I posted this exact subject weeks ago, I get the impression Nintendo are picking off (or that should be on) dealers one by one. Peter at TQ Games told me that Ninty games accounted for over 90% of his sales so he was obviously shifting some serious quantites to annoy Nintendo. I know he had hundreds of copies (obviously original copies) of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire days after the US release, prehaps that was what annoyed Ninty, the GBA games rather than the 'Cube ones.
Why haven't they taken Datel to court yet ??
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:57
Regular
So long as play-asia and dvdboxoffice still ship here I'm not too concerned.

Still, we like to think of Ninty as being a 'nice' company, as loyal to the fans as most are to them.

I'm starting to think they're probably just as bad as Sony and Microsoft.

They've been done for price fixing in the golden days of the SNES by the EU, and now by forcing people to pay for over-priced European games instead of fairly priced stuff from abroad, they seem to be doing the same thing - it's fixing their European prices. Simple.

I know, company, make money. But there's making money using honest methods, then there's making money using unfair manipulation of markets and general dishonest and disreaspectful price-rigging.

Maybe my loyalty is misplaced.
Sat 31/05/03 at 17:00
Regular
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Why haven't they taken Datel to court yet ??

Because Datel have the money to fight them, and Ninty, in my opinion, don't have a strong case.

It's like the playground bully backing down from fighting someone half way to being 'hard'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.