GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Completed Zelda..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 14:56
Regular
Yes i completed it, unfortunately it was a bit shorter than i anticipated, so i went through it in about 25 hours. When is the next game coming out? 3 years? I'm bored with crappy RPG's trying to match the standards of Zelda. By the way, the ending is great, to those of you who haven't completed it.
Sun 01/06/03 at 17:03
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Even though I normally despise anything remotely turn based in terms of combat, Skies of Arcadia is much better than The Wind Waker (not *quite* as good as Ocarina but it's a close race). Don't be put off by the relative age of it - it was worth buying a Dreamcast for alone and still would be if it hadn't been re-released and upgraded a little.

WW was good but simply didn't shine like you'd expect from a Zelda game. Too few dungeons, too few proper locations to visit, a largely uninteresting and unexciting story, often embarassingly childish dialogue, simplistic puzzles...the list goes on. The game, by Nintendo's own admission, was not finished and it shows. I'd have happily waited another 6 months for it (maybe even stretch to a year) if only it came closer to the quality of Ocarina.
Sat 31/05/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Festivus!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> 300 seconds more like, then you realise you're playing a stupid 2D
> shooter and stop.

You are dead to me.

And arcadia does rule more than many nintendo games I have played.
Sat 31/05/03 at 17:31
Regular
Bingo...

Skies is a good game... but its not a Nintendo game so isn't close to the Zelda excellence.
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:52
Regular
300 seconds more like, then you realise you're playing a stupid 2D shooter and stop.

:D
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:49
Regular
200 - 300 hours? With five levels? Wha..?
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
25 hours, you should have bought Ikaruga, at least 100 hours of gameplay if not 200 or 300 hours.
Wonder how many points I'd get for shooting Link ???
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:35
"period drama"
Bleh
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:31
Regular
"keep your receipt"
go get them carved!? Someone explain this photo miniquest to me.
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:28
"period drama"
I keep saying 'screw it, i'll go complete it' but then decide to take some piccies of the bosses you re-fight.
Then I go get them carved and take a few more piccies.
Then do some more stuff.
Damn Zelda for doing this to me, I only want to finish ...
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:21
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Is skies out now or when?

I love the final boss too. Stick that sword in! Currently playing through a second time. Trying to figure out if it's any different at all apart from the costume change...also you start off with the Pictobox. Whats the deal on that? Anyone?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.