GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Big N triumph again!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 19:40
Regular
The Nokia N-Gage. 3D Playstation one quality graphics. Bluetooth wireless, and mobile phone gaming. Built in web browser and email, and above all, a pile of crap.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/ (space)content_page.php?section_name=new&aid=1204

One of the most respected gaming sites on the internet, does not seem very fond of the N-Gage. And neither am I...

Apparently there are too many buttons, but no shoulder buttons, a weird ratio screen (Taller than wide...in other words, useless) a bad-bad-bad backlight, which requires a perfect viewing angle like the Gamergear had (The SP can be viewed any angle...), annoying, tiny little, expensive MMC cards for games - which to put in, you have to unslot the back of the phone, remove the battery, and slot in, and above all, an apparently huge price tag with NO software quality controll...

Now - not being a fanboy, I was intregued, and interested with the N-Gage. Now I luagh at it with pity. I would favour well proportioned 2D graphics at any angle on a GBA SP any day...besides, the N-Gages "STAR" apps, are Sonic games. The GBA has Sonic too. Not a good start.

Nintendo still rule the handheld market! MWAAAHAHHAAAAA!

...Now...What about the PSP?

Discuss your N-Gage thoughts here.
Sat 31/05/03 at 20:02
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Hmmmmm.

Now this is a suprise. From earlier reports, it seemed Nokia could of had the handheld gaming market in there hands, but by this report, it seems to have crashed down.

Good old Nintendo, it still has a chance to have the handheld gaming market (unless the PSP is better).

: D
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:05
Regular
DeadMetal wrote:
> Hmmmmm.
>
> Now this is a suprise. From earlier reports, it seemed Nokia could of
> had the handheld gaming market in there hands, but by this report, it
> seems to have crashed down.

Are you talking about the same Nokia handheld as the rest of us?

For this information has been aorund for ages (About the cards, buttons, etc) - I predicted it would be rubbish (the handheld, not necessarily the games) and I knew I wouldn't even consider getting one ever since it was announced.

It is no suprise at all that it has been heavily criticised already.
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:08
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
Edgy wrote:

> Are you talking about the same Nokia handheld as the rest of us?

I guess not

*Sit's in corner with Dunce hat*
Sat 31/05/03 at 21:44
Regular
I don't know...

If the PSP hadn't been anounced, it was reasonably made, and cut a low enough price tag, I think it could have been a success. Matching the gba was always unlikely, but a success nontheless.

Shame none of those things happened.
Sun 01/06/03 at 11:37
Regular
I wont give second though to the PSP, in fact i bought a GBA SP just recently after hearing the news of the SP. I'd be weary of Sony products, plenty of hype but will it live up? Lets not forget that emotion engine junk they fed us.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.