GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Online games foor PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/05/03 at 22:29
Regular
I heard you can play online games on your PS2. Is this just like XBOX live or not quite as good?
Fri 06/06/03 at 13:14
" Crazy!"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> The craziest Col! wrote:
> do you get the headset with the adapter,
>
> No, it's included with SOCOM, but most USB Headsets work with the PS2,
> you could probably pick up an equivalent at PC World or somewhere if
> you wanted something more comfortable
>
> How big is the ethernet cable that comes with the adapter?
>
> 2m long. I got some 10m lengths from dabs.com for about £7.00
> each.

I'm on dabs.com but what do I need to buy?
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The craziest Col! wrote:
> do you get the headset with the adapter,

No, it's included with SOCOM, but most USB Headsets work with the PS2, you could probably pick up an equivalent at PC World or somewhere if you wanted something more comfortable

> How big is the ethernet cable that comes with the adapter?

2m long. I got some 10m lengths from dabs.com for about £7.00 each.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:37
" Crazy!"
Right I'm going to get the adapter + twisted metal black deal. Then Socom. A question, do you get the headset with the adapter, and how big is the ethernet cable that comes with the adapter? I have to put it from downstairs to upstairs, so quite big I shall need.
Tue 03/06/03 at 18:23
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Whoa people, are we all forgeting Syphon Filter: Omega strain!? C'mon, everyone loves syphon filter...imagin how good it'd be online!
Sun 01/06/03 at 14:03
Regular
The best thing on PS2 online will be Tiger Woods 2004.

That would be brilliant taking part in golf tournaments online, not a golf fan but I love the game.
Sun 01/06/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Also don't forget about Bomberman Online is in the works as well. Arguably the greatest multi-player game ever, online? Sorted :D
Sun 01/06/03 at 10:53
Regular
"  "
PES 3
FIFA 2004
SOCOM 2
TIF 2004
Madden 2004
NHL 2004

All in the future...
Sun 01/06/03 at 00:28
Regular
Morius wrote:
> I heard you can play online games on your PS2. Is this just like XBOX
> live or not quite as good?

Not quite as good because there aren't nearly as many titles for the PS2 online as there are for XBox Live. Yet...

At present you can play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 and Midnight Club 2 online. You can import a U.S. network adaptor for your PS2, and use the Tony Hawk or Midnight Club 2 game disc to set it up if you want to play them now before the European Official Network Adaptor gets launched. (Launch date is currently 11th June, same day as SOCOM gets released, this may change though as the beta trials are still ongoing).

Within the next couple of months you can play:

Twisted Metal Black: Online
SOCOM: US Navy SEALS
Amplitude
My Street
Hardware: Online Arena
Tribes: Arial Assault
Destruction Derby: Arenas

By the end of this year you'll be playing:

EverQuest Online Adventures and possibly Star Wars: Galaxies.

In the future you've got Gran Turismo 4, Final Fantasy XI Online and even Metal Gear Solid: Online in the works.

But you don't have to pay £40 a year to play with your PS2 online. The service is free. You just need a broadband connection and a network adaptor. Out of all the games above only EverQuest, Star Wars and Final Fantasy are confirmed as Pay 2 Play, most of the rest are confirmed as being free and you can play them online as much as you wish, at no extra cost.

Give it 12 months and Microsoft are going to start getting very worried indeed, because there's a lot of extra features that come with your official Sony Network Adaptor that you won't know about until the offical launch. It wouldn't surprise me if some desparate Sonyphile journalist uses the headline 'XBox Dead?' in the near future.
Sun 01/06/03 at 00:11
Regular
*Grabs a long range rifle*
Sat 31/05/03 at 22:47
Regular
Nowhere near as good...

*runs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.