GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Consistency"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/10/01 at 14:40
Regular
Just a quick note.

Paul Ince gets sent off my gently touching Nial Quinn on the face. Nial Quinn doesnt even move...Robbie Keane pushes David Beckham full force in the face with both hands and puts Beckham to the floor, Keane only gets a yellow. Where is the logic in that hey?

Sure Keane was annoyed with Beckham becasue of the tackle, but you cant raise your hands like that.
Wed 31/10/01 at 01:39
Regular
Yes, but top level football should recieve the top referees.
Tue 30/10/01 at 22:55
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I think its totally wrong that the ref is relegated to the nation wide leagues, its as if there saying there not important and that we dont deserve good refs.

Just because Nation wide clubs may not have as good a players as the prem teams dont mean we cant play decent football, we deserve the best refs too.

(when i say we, its because i support sheff wed)
Tue 30/10/01 at 02:12
Regular
Well, the ref (forget the name) in question (leeds - man u) has now been temporarily demoted to the nationwide. Given the lack of punishment for the guy in the le saux incident, it looks like he's just a scapegoat, but it sheds new light on premiership clubs whinging about dirty play in fa cup matches against lower dvsn clubs when refs get sent to the nationwide for being too lenient.
Sun 28/10/01 at 20:19
Regular
The R@ckstar wrote:
> Pro Evo wrote:
> I dont know much about it as i dont like to here about this
> nasty side of
> sport.

But this case was a few years back, 4-5 i
> think.

Oh right, Ok, thanks for the information Pro Evo. Are you always this
> helpful or are you just in a helpful mood?

Oh im always this helpfull, when it comes to sport anyway.
Sun 28/10/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Pro Evo wrote:
> I dont know much about it as i dont like to here about this nasty side of
> sport.

But this case was a few years back, 4-5 i think.

Oh right, Ok, thanks for the information Pro Evo. Are you always this helpful or are you just in a helpful mood? I, on the contrary of your opinions, like the controversy of sports. I like the nitty-gritty, the rough stuff. I would be a good ambulance chaser (lawyer), newpaper reported or even a TV anchorman! Then again, I'm a rather controversial individual, but never seem to get into trouble!
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:56
Regular
I dont know much about it as i dont like to here about this nasty side of sport.

But this case was a few years back, 4-5 i think.
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:51
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Pro Evo wrote:
> There was that goal keeper that was bribed to let 4 goals in, i think it was
> bruce goblar, not sure though.

When was this? Who is this? What team did he play for? I am almost willing to bet that there's hundreds of players, managers and goalkeepers who have been bribed to affect the result of a match. Isn't there a committee in cricket that moniters people so that bribes are filtered out or something? I'm also willing to bet that there are loads of other sports that take bribes but they are yet to have the "60 minutes" treatment. Ok, the other sports I have no knowledge of bribes are:

Rugby
Cricket
Wrestling (well it's choreographed, what can I say?)
Fighting Sports

Ok, I've gone braindead, so someone else help me out here please.
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:45
Regular
There was that goal keeper that was bribed to let 4 goals in, i think it was bruce goblar, not sure though.
Sun 28/10/01 at 14:19
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Does anyone remember when that footballer was bribed to let goals in? I think his name was John Fashinue or something. He was found dead a few years ago in a garage hung or something. Anyone else remember that? Maybe that's what happened in this case? Ok, ok, maybe it's unlikely, but hey, there must be some corrupt guy out there. I don't watch football that much at the moment but I shall make an effort to in the future.

Who through history has been known to take bribes then?
Sun 28/10/01 at 12:47
Regular
Does the fact that refs get paid have anything to do with it?

Anyway, i think this has been the worst start of the season for Refs, in the opening few weeks there were so many reds that they must have all been feeling the pressure from the public about how they were reffing.

Then in the past few weeks there have not been all that many and it seems that many bad tackles and incedents are being over looked, which has left Refs with an even worse reputation.

Are they not suppose to go to training every week? They all should come together and devise some sort of 'plan' to follow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.