GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtual future?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/10/01 at 13:02
Regular
We've seen such films like Bladerunner hit the big screen and such games like Star Wars hit our little consoles, and what they're basically doing is trying to give us an idea into what future living is going to be like. So what's my idea for the future of gaming?

Well, I think that the future of gaming is going to be incredible. What I'm talking about is Virtual Gaming. Wouldn't that be brilliant! Instead of controlling a character by pad, why don't you 'Do it yourself' in a Virtual Reality world. Here gameplay would be totally up to you. Here are my ideas for virtual gaming.

Basically, you would need to be equipped with a specific body suit, which is wired into a future console (hopefully PS3), and this console would have the power to scan your whole body, place you in the virtual reality game you inserted and then you can take part in the game. You would still be able to play normally if you wish not to enter virtual reality. Obviously, the best other input to this would be a multiplayer feature, where you can also talk to other people in the game to help each other with missions and maybe even talk about something else, it's up to you! This would be a great idea for the future. Instead of controlling you take part, but you can't actually get physically injured. In order for this to take place though, future consoles will need to be much more powerful and advanced, plus developers would need to have a totally different inlook to computer games...eg How they're going to portray virtual games for maximum enjoyment?... things like that. Also, AI would have to improve dramatically to fit in with the virtual world.
These worlds will still have appropriate, but enhanced gaming graphics (not real-life graphics), so no confusion would be apprehended. Think, The Matrix, but you won't have to go through what poor Neo went through. Virtual gaming would be fantastic, more enjoyable and would undoubtedly give a totally different gaming experience to our current.

Just imagine your favourite game or upcoming game (mine's Metal Gear Solid 2), and think of you taking part instead of controlling, do you find it better? For me the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo when I first played it was tense enough so just imagine the intensity of taking part yourself as Solid Snake. Revolutionary! Still, with this future instalment there should be age restrictions so no health issues can be triggered whilst playing.

Virtual reality should be the next thing that developers should really be focusing on now for future gaming. The Olympus eyetrek FMD 200PS for PS2, is the first step that has actually been taken closer to virtual gaming. You watch what you're playing as if you're just looking at things normally. This gives you a much wider picture of what you're actually playing, as if it was real! The Olympus eyetrek is a great creation, which would also fit in with virtual gaming.

I see the future being a virtual future for gaming. If developed, virtual gaming would be a revolutionary start for a different gaming experience, and I really hope that developers have already thought of a virtual gaming world. This would even be a great idea for the Internet. I'm looking forward to a virtual future!
Sat 27/10/01 at 16:23
PS3????

Dear God, can't sony think of a better name?
Sat 27/10/01 at 16:09
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
shaneo wrote:
> It doesn't seem copied and 2 search engines can't find it - well done mate!

Cheers! But what do you think about the idea?
Sat 27/10/01 at 15:21
"period drama"
heh!
Sat 27/10/01 at 15:09
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
It doesn't seem copied and 2 search engines can't find it - well done mate!
Sat 27/10/01 at 14:57
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
*Knocks* Hello? Is anybody there?

:o|
Sat 27/10/01 at 13:02
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
We've seen such films like Bladerunner hit the big screen and such games like Star Wars hit our little consoles, and what they're basically doing is trying to give us an idea into what future living is going to be like. So what's my idea for the future of gaming?

Well, I think that the future of gaming is going to be incredible. What I'm talking about is Virtual Gaming. Wouldn't that be brilliant! Instead of controlling a character by pad, why don't you 'Do it yourself' in a Virtual Reality world. Here gameplay would be totally up to you. Here are my ideas for virtual gaming.

Basically, you would need to be equipped with a specific body suit, which is wired into a future console (hopefully PS3), and this console would have the power to scan your whole body, place you in the virtual reality game you inserted and then you can take part in the game. You would still be able to play normally if you wish not to enter virtual reality. Obviously, the best other input to this would be a multiplayer feature, where you can also talk to other people in the game to help each other with missions and maybe even talk about something else, it's up to you! This would be a great idea for the future. Instead of controlling you take part, but you can't actually get physically injured. In order for this to take place though, future consoles will need to be much more powerful and advanced, plus developers would need to have a totally different inlook to computer games...eg How they're going to portray virtual games for maximum enjoyment?... things like that. Also, AI would have to improve dramatically to fit in with the virtual world.
These worlds will still have appropriate, but enhanced gaming graphics (not real-life graphics), so no confusion would be apprehended. Think, The Matrix, but you won't have to go through what poor Neo went through. Virtual gaming would be fantastic, more enjoyable and would undoubtedly give a totally different gaming experience to our current.

Just imagine your favourite game or upcoming game (mine's Metal Gear Solid 2), and think of you taking part instead of controlling, do you find it better? For me the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo when I first played it was tense enough so just imagine the intensity of taking part yourself as Solid Snake. Revolutionary! Still, with this future instalment there should be age restrictions so no health issues can be triggered whilst playing.

Virtual reality should be the next thing that developers should really be focusing on now for future gaming. The Olympus eyetrek FMD 200PS for PS2, is the first step that has actually been taken closer to virtual gaming. You watch what you're playing as if you're just looking at things normally. This gives you a much wider picture of what you're actually playing, as if it was real! The Olympus eyetrek is a great creation, which would also fit in with virtual gaming.

I see the future being a virtual future for gaming. If developed, virtual gaming would be a revolutionary start for a different gaming experience, and I really hope that developers have already thought of a virtual gaming world. This would even be a great idea for the Internet. I'm looking forward to a virtual future!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.