GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo: the dam against over-saturation."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/06/03 at 18:39
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Fusion Frenzy
> Azurik
> Quantum Redshift
> Whacked
> Mech Assault

All suck.
Tue 03/06/03 at 18:39
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Fusion Frenzy
> Azurik
> Quantum Redshift
> Whacked
> Mech Assault

All suck.
Tue 03/06/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I played Whacked online against some Japanese guy last October.

It sucked. Lots.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:07
Regular
You played any of the GameCube ones?
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:03
Regular
"8==="
Lugwig wrote:
> You played any of the GameCube ones?

Yes. I own a Gamecube as well. That's why I'm in this forum.
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:15
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Fusion Frenzy
> Azurik
> Quantum Redshift
> Whacked
> Mech Assault
>
> Anyway this is the nintendo forum so I wasn't exactly expecting
> balanced
> replies.
>
> I own an Xbox.
>
> But just saying these 'all suck' is completly stupid. I bet you
> haven't even played half of them if that's your best reply.
>
> Played demos of Fusion Frenzy, Quantum Redshift and Mech Assault. I've
> also read a fair few reviews of Azurik and Whacked.
>
> They're certainly not decent games.

Right,

Quantum Redshift - If you like wipeout it is good. Characterisation is good. Levels are good. Racing is good. The game is fast.

Fusion Frenzy - Two player plus is great. Me and my friends like it a lot over the mario partys (no controller twirling or button bashing etc). There is an element of strategy to coming first and it seems to have a crystal maze influence which is cool.

Azurik - Good Zelda clone, nice spell system, well realised worlds, better swimming elements than Zelda. Freeroaming is good, if you can handle it.

Whacked - Just played it again tonight with a friend. King of the hill is great. Frag fest is great. Combat/collect stars mode is great. Some inspired levels (the car chase one in particular)! Online should be enjoyable, particularly frag fest.

Mech Assault - 1 player is mainly a training mode for online. Have bought it for online. Full assesment no really doable at the mo. Multiplayer offline however is good.

I like them, me and my friends get a lot of enjoyment from them. We know how to get the most out of them.

I didn't pay full price for Whacked or Azurik, they do fit the prices they are currently at (13 quid)

No dissapointments here.
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:30
Regular
How nice for you.
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:35
Regular
Pish. People like the BBC and The Times, while great in their respective fields, should leave games reviews to the professionals.
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:38
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> Apparently teletext gave Def Jam vendetta 3/10 which proves my point
> rather well too.

Teletext are just stupid.

I haven't read a single review on there that i've really agreed with. They downgrade a lot of big games just to be controversial and to get noticed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.