GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NFL Fever 2003"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'NFL Fever 2003'.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:35
Regular
Ok I was a little unfair about the game yesterday - wasn't in the best of moods so it was never gonna take much to get me wound up.

Anyway, got in from work today and thought sod it and put it on again. I'm playing as the Jags and I managed a couple of signings and a trade. Went up against the Titans and knowing how my team were yesterday, expected to lose. Amazingly, I won pretty comfatably. Then I decided to play the 4th game of the season - away to the Giants, so I thought "ok, gonna get destroyed here so as long as I don't put my hopes up I won't get the ar5e ache with the game."

My defence played a damn good game and held out well - it got to the 4th quarter. I'd conceded 3 points pretty early from a stupid risk that didn't pay off. After that it was a case of scoring touchdowns back and fourth a couple of times with my defence holding out longer but just failing to force a punt.
I scored a touchdown and got back in front by 4 points - excellent ! Now the tough part - 1 min 30secs on the clock and I had to hold out to win (as some of you know, this amount of time can be an eternity in NFL games). I held out and held out, but they took a risk and got the 1st down they needed and after a few goaline moves, this led to a touchdown. Ugh. I was feeling gutted cause I'd played so well and my team had been really good. 16 secs left on the clock. They kicked and I managed to return the ball to like the 40 yard line (my own half). I went for a run and got tackled after like 4 yards - I quickly hit for a timeout. 9 secs left on the clock - it had to be a throw. Went for a throw but got sacked ! Hit for a timeout again - 3 secs left on the clock.
3rd and 13 - with 3 secs, no chance. I went for a throw with all my recievers just running straight up.

The move started and I noticed an opposition player break through, but at the same time the 'A' button icon lit up to show one of my recievers had got some space from his marker - I threw the ball like a mental and it went straight into the hands of my reciever - I just ran like a sod and got the touchdown ! Yes ! Ave it you poxy CPU !!!!
Sat 07/06/03 at 15:08
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
In my opinion it is one of the best nfl games on any format. it may not be the most realistic game, but its still good.
as for not being able to catch the ball, thats your fault for not throwing the ball properly and or picking the wrong play.
as for playing against the computer: it sucks.
get yourself on live and play a few of them yanks.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok I was a little unfair about the game yesterday - wasn't in the best of moods so it was never gonna take much to get me wound up.

Anyway, got in from work today and thought sod it and put it on again. I'm playing as the Jags and I managed a couple of signings and a trade. Went up against the Titans and knowing how my team were yesterday, expected to lose. Amazingly, I won pretty comfatably. Then I decided to play the 4th game of the season - away to the Giants, so I thought "ok, gonna get destroyed here so as long as I don't put my hopes up I won't get the ar5e ache with the game."

My defence played a damn good game and held out well - it got to the 4th quarter. I'd conceded 3 points pretty early from a stupid risk that didn't pay off. After that it was a case of scoring touchdowns back and fourth a couple of times with my defence holding out longer but just failing to force a punt.
I scored a touchdown and got back in front by 4 points - excellent ! Now the tough part - 1 min 30secs on the clock and I had to hold out to win (as some of you know, this amount of time can be an eternity in NFL games). I held out and held out, but they took a risk and got the 1st down they needed and after a few goaline moves, this led to a touchdown. Ugh. I was feeling gutted cause I'd played so well and my team had been really good. 16 secs left on the clock. They kicked and I managed to return the ball to like the 40 yard line (my own half). I went for a run and got tackled after like 4 yards - I quickly hit for a timeout. 9 secs left on the clock - it had to be a throw. Went for a throw but got sacked ! Hit for a timeout again - 3 secs left on the clock.
3rd and 13 - with 3 secs, no chance. I went for a throw with all my recievers just running straight up.

The move started and I noticed an opposition player break through, but at the same time the 'A' button icon lit up to show one of my recievers had got some space from his marker - I threw the ball like a mental and it went straight into the hands of my reciever - I just ran like a sod and got the touchdown ! Yes ! Ave it you poxy CPU !!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.