GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"VAUXHALL NO LONGER MAKE BORING CARS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 16:00
Regular
Please cast away all impressions forced upon you that Vauxhall make rubbish, or boring cars ñ I will admit that they havenít always been the most exciting car manufacturer in the world, but the new Vauxhall Corsa really is a fantastic car. Having owned the 2 of the previous models (an N plate and a T plate, the latter housing the V grill), I can definitely say that the newest version has improved immensely and Vauxhall should feel proud. They are no longer producing ëboringí cars, that griffin and V logo/badge now represents remarkable quality and style.

The VX220, Vauxhallís Elise class sports car is a highly desirable car, and all of the new Vauxhallís are becoming class leaders, or at least up with the very best. The Corsa is a recognisable car, and has familiarities with the old version in many respects. But the car looks a lot chunkier, far more solid and slick ñ I went for the SXI version, it only has a 1.2i 16v engine, so itís performance isnít any different from the other 1.2iís (SXI is the sportier looking version), and I would have preferred a 1.4, but seeing as Vauxhall werenít offering one for the SXI, it would have been pretty hard/

The front headlights are look better, the rear lights are now situated higher than before, taking styling cues from the Fiat Punto, therefore the 5 door model looks just as good as the three door ñ previous 5dr Corsaís werenít the most stylish cars to look at. Itís much chunkier as I say, looks a lot safer and well built, this version has the tiniest spoiler, but the alloys look very good indeed ñ itís noticeably more sporty to look at than the other models, but behind the wheel, it has no advantages over other new 1.2 versions.

The engine is a lot punchier than before, the gear stick is very slick, and precise and the car handles very well ñ you feel far more in control than in the older car, and thanks to the improvements in suspension, the car no longer ëwobblesí at higher speeds, itís welded to the road, as Vauxhall like to say (although this was in an Astra advert). Very comfortable, the seats are different in the SXI than in the others, I think, and offer excellent lumbar support ñ the rear seats are also comfortable, and the 3point middle seat belt is a welcoming inclusion.

The dashboard is excellent - the inside has really jumped two classes since the old Corsa, so you now have something classy to look at and utilise. The glove box isnít huge as a result of the air conditioning, but the centre controls are all well placed, thereís a CD player, clock with temperature, all the usual gadgets ñ but the aluminium styling finish, on the gear stick, handbrake dash board, door handles ñ really makes a big difference. The sound system is very, very impressive, with excellent clear sound, wonderfully set up, aside from the rear speakers making slight vibrating noises when songs get too loud, or thereís too much base.

Itís a bigger car than the older Corsa, not in a class altering way, itís still a small hatchback, but thereís a greater sensation of space in the car, with ample room for four adults to sit comfortably ñ a fully grown 6ft adult may find it hard to sit in the middle, but overall the car feels a lot more spacious, which is always a good thing. The boot is a good size, two or three large suitcases will fit in easily, and the rear seats can be collapsed to allow longer items to fit thru.

The SXI doesnít come with electric windows or mirrors as standard, but you can have them as an optional extra. Colours ñ unfortunately Vauxhall colour department still havenít had any inspiration, perhaps they should be offered some more incentives as the range of colours is pretty diabolical ñ there are only around three pearlescent and three metallic colours to choose from, I felt the ëpetrolí (dark blue/green colour) was the nicest, and so chose that, but you can always go for standard colours, but there is still a very limited range. Check the Vauxhall website or go to a showroom to pick up a colour leaflet. You wonít be that impressed!

Extras ñ the Corsa has some nice little touches, itís a well balanced, safe car to drive ñ and that engine does make a nice punchy purring at 6500rpm, but it is safe and comes with driver and passenger airbags, a lot of technological advances that you cannot see ñ improved crumple zones etc, but where are the cup holders? More importantly why do car magazines and newspaper articles car so much about the cup holders? Who really cares about the cup holders? Anyway, thereíre about 2 or 3, but a nice inclusion is the sunglasses holder, located above the driver door ñ how many cars have them huh?

Maintenance costs arenít high, but with everything there will probably be a few things that go wrong ñ already all the Vauxhall corsaís had stupid windscreen wipers that made a rather distasteful crunching/rubbing sound when in use, Vauxhall did replace them, but what a stupid thing to get by QC! The Air conditioning is a breath of fresh air, especially in the summer, and the car in general offers excellent value for money ñ if you have a GM card, then youíll probably know that you can accumulate points to use for a discount on your new Vauxhall.

You should get around 38 - 41 mpg with the SXI, but it obviously depends on how often and how you drive it.

In the past the Vauxhall Corsa was ignored, it was well built but never could compete with the far superior Fiesta, but now Vauxhall have a potential class leader, and certainly in my eyes, a 5 star car.

So why are these impressions still here? Cast away your stereotypical mind, and enjoy the new Vauxhall cars.

VOODOO MAN
Mon 29/10/01 at 18:24
The fastest Vauxhall ever was the Lotus Carlton wasn't it?

I thin that was 0-60 in around 5seconds.
Sat 27/10/01 at 14:46
Regular
GasMask wrote:
> Is this the one I saw in the paper? The new vauxhall car that does 220mph 0-60
> in 3.5 seconds and its £120,000 ?

A vauxhall car tht does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds?! you must be mistaken!
Sat 27/10/01 at 14:45
Regular
i got an old shape corsa, and i have no problems with it. But as a first car i dont really mind what i have. VX220 is the vauxhall sporty one.

Also Vauxhall have a few cars in Gran turismo 3. i remember an Astra and the VX220 are both there.
Sat 27/10/01 at 14:16
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Is this the one I saw in the paper? The new vauxhall car that does 220mph 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and its £120,000 ?

Hmm. It looks nice anyway.
Fri 26/10/01 at 16:26
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I've always found Vauxhalls to be modern kind of cars because you see them everywhere nowadays. This was until the VX2000 (I think it's called that), you know Vauxhalls sports version, was made. This car gave a totally different look to recent Vauxhalls and was quite impressive. The Corsa has always been a popular car and the new model is probably going to do much better. Good post!!!
Fri 26/10/01 at 16:00
Please cast away all impressions forced upon you that Vauxhall make rubbish, or boring cars ñ I will admit that they havenít always been the most exciting car manufacturer in the world, but the new Vauxhall Corsa really is a fantastic car. Having owned the 2 of the previous models (an N plate and a T plate, the latter housing the V grill), I can definitely say that the newest version has improved immensely and Vauxhall should feel proud. They are no longer producing ëboringí cars, that griffin and V logo/badge now represents remarkable quality and style.

The VX220, Vauxhallís Elise class sports car is a highly desirable car, and all of the new Vauxhallís are becoming class leaders, or at least up with the very best. The Corsa is a recognisable car, and has familiarities with the old version in many respects. But the car looks a lot chunkier, far more solid and slick ñ I went for the SXI version, it only has a 1.2i 16v engine, so itís performance isnít any different from the other 1.2iís (SXI is the sportier looking version), and I would have preferred a 1.4, but seeing as Vauxhall werenít offering one for the SXI, it would have been pretty hard/

The front headlights are look better, the rear lights are now situated higher than before, taking styling cues from the Fiat Punto, therefore the 5 door model looks just as good as the three door ñ previous 5dr Corsaís werenít the most stylish cars to look at. Itís much chunkier as I say, looks a lot safer and well built, this version has the tiniest spoiler, but the alloys look very good indeed ñ itís noticeably more sporty to look at than the other models, but behind the wheel, it has no advantages over other new 1.2 versions.

The engine is a lot punchier than before, the gear stick is very slick, and precise and the car handles very well ñ you feel far more in control than in the older car, and thanks to the improvements in suspension, the car no longer ëwobblesí at higher speeds, itís welded to the road, as Vauxhall like to say (although this was in an Astra advert). Very comfortable, the seats are different in the SXI than in the others, I think, and offer excellent lumbar support ñ the rear seats are also comfortable, and the 3point middle seat belt is a welcoming inclusion.

The dashboard is excellent - the inside has really jumped two classes since the old Corsa, so you now have something classy to look at and utilise. The glove box isnít huge as a result of the air conditioning, but the centre controls are all well placed, thereís a CD player, clock with temperature, all the usual gadgets ñ but the aluminium styling finish, on the gear stick, handbrake dash board, door handles ñ really makes a big difference. The sound system is very, very impressive, with excellent clear sound, wonderfully set up, aside from the rear speakers making slight vibrating noises when songs get too loud, or thereís too much base.

Itís a bigger car than the older Corsa, not in a class altering way, itís still a small hatchback, but thereís a greater sensation of space in the car, with ample room for four adults to sit comfortably ñ a fully grown 6ft adult may find it hard to sit in the middle, but overall the car feels a lot more spacious, which is always a good thing. The boot is a good size, two or three large suitcases will fit in easily, and the rear seats can be collapsed to allow longer items to fit thru.

The SXI doesnít come with electric windows or mirrors as standard, but you can have them as an optional extra. Colours ñ unfortunately Vauxhall colour department still havenít had any inspiration, perhaps they should be offered some more incentives as the range of colours is pretty diabolical ñ there are only around three pearlescent and three metallic colours to choose from, I felt the ëpetrolí (dark blue/green colour) was the nicest, and so chose that, but you can always go for standard colours, but there is still a very limited range. Check the Vauxhall website or go to a showroom to pick up a colour leaflet. You wonít be that impressed!

Extras ñ the Corsa has some nice little touches, itís a well balanced, safe car to drive ñ and that engine does make a nice punchy purring at 6500rpm, but it is safe and comes with driver and passenger airbags, a lot of technological advances that you cannot see ñ improved crumple zones etc, but where are the cup holders? More importantly why do car magazines and newspaper articles car so much about the cup holders? Who really cares about the cup holders? Anyway, thereíre about 2 or 3, but a nice inclusion is the sunglasses holder, located above the driver door ñ how many cars have them huh?

Maintenance costs arenít high, but with everything there will probably be a few things that go wrong ñ already all the Vauxhall corsaís had stupid windscreen wipers that made a rather distasteful crunching/rubbing sound when in use, Vauxhall did replace them, but what a stupid thing to get by QC! The Air conditioning is a breath of fresh air, especially in the summer, and the car in general offers excellent value for money ñ if you have a GM card, then youíll probably know that you can accumulate points to use for a discount on your new Vauxhall.

You should get around 38 - 41 mpg with the SXI, but it obviously depends on how often and how you drive it.

In the past the Vauxhall Corsa was ignored, it was well built but never could compete with the far superior Fiesta, but now Vauxhall have a potential class leader, and certainly in my eyes, a 5 star car.

So why are these impressions still here? Cast away your stereotypical mind, and enjoy the new Vauxhall cars.

VOODOO MAN

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.