GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frustrating games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 13:42
Regular
Who here hates frustrating games?

I mean whats the point, A game is supposed to be enjoyable, it doesn't have to be easy but there's a difference between a challenge and something stupidly difficult that leads to frustration.

I've recently been playing Onimusha and it's stupid. There's this cut scene then you have to escape through these bars that cage you in by pressing a load of switches, Then the following room has these spikes below that you have to make sure they won't kill you by standing on the right square, fair enough but then comes this other puzzle where to save the guy from drowning you have to make these 2 pieces form a crest BUT if you fail you have to do ALL this again from the cut scene *sigh* fair enough if you've done it once but having to do all this again just for another try is stupid. Can't be bothered let the drown was my last view on the game ;-)

No one likes to be frustrated let alone pay for it, who agrees?
res
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:47
Regular
"Wasting away"
Well I thought Commandos Beyond The Call was VERY frustrating. And like you said it made it no fun, but there are games where moments are frustrating and that's ok, but if the whole damn game is then you just give up and don't want to know. And I really hate that.

Games are there for a challenege or maybe just fun depending on what type of person they're aimed at. But they are there to offer you something new and refreshing and if it's something that is going to sell millions then I don't think you want it to be frustrating.
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:47
The fact that I have never heard of this game probably means that frustrating games are stupid. This game is not famous or popular which means frustrating games probably get nowhere.
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:46
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
I disagree, once you have completed a game or a Hard(frustrating) part of one, the sense of achivement is increased ten fold, therefore getting a much better reaction to the game.
Unfortunatly not to many people stick to these games long enough to enjoy them.....For Shame...
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:42
Regular
"Back For Good"
Who here hates frustrating games?

I mean whats the point, A game is supposed to be enjoyable, it doesn't have to be easy but there's a difference between a challenge and something stupidly difficult that leads to frustration.

I've recently been playing Onimusha and it's stupid. There's this cut scene then you have to escape through these bars that cage you in by pressing a load of switches, Then the following room has these spikes below that you have to make sure they won't kill you by standing on the right square, fair enough but then comes this other puzzle where to save the guy from drowning you have to make these 2 pieces form a crest BUT if you fail you have to do ALL this again from the cut scene *sigh* fair enough if you've done it once but having to do all this again just for another try is stupid. Can't be bothered let the drown was my last view on the game ;-)

No one likes to be frustrated let alone pay for it, who agrees?
res

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.