GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix. What a film!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 13:09
Regular
I'm sure most of you have seen the Matrix and would mainly agree that it was one of the best films to hit the big screen. In with it came great special effects, a great storyline and non-stop fast-paced action. There was a certain thrill that rushed through your body whilst watching this film. Everything about it kept your eyes peeled to the Tv screen.

Neo, our hero, has been selected as 'the chosen one' to destroy the wrongs in the totally different world, The Matrix. While everyone else thinks they're living in a normal world, Neo soon finds out he isn't. It isn't long until he joins a group who are trying to fix the matrix. This is where all the special effects come in.

I can't remember what colour pill he chooses (blue or red), but I know the pill he chose sent him tumbling down certain flowing tunnels, and he came out of it with a drilled whole in the back of his head. This leads to one of my favourite parts of the film, The Training. Neo is put on a chair, whilst a lead is plugged to the back of his head. This leads sends him to a virtual training world, where he's trained by the leader, Morphius. Suddenly, action-filled music introduces one of THE best scenes of the film. Morphius and Neo start to fight (not for real) and every movement made was spectacular. Kung-Fu was Morphius' style and Neo's style was partially different because back in the Matrix, the computer changed from certain Martial Art styles to suit Neo. A truly fantastic scene.

But the bit of The Matrix that has made it so popular was when Neo, as well as those agents, started dodging bullets. First-time watchers of this film were sure to be mind-blown when they saw this. The slow-mo, bullet-time special effects were amazing and all credit goes to the producers of this truly classic film. The agents seemed like real hard guys with their cool dark glasses and snazzy suits. Did you see the fighting scene in the Subway, that was fantastic too. Neo and the leader of the agents were having one of the most impressive fight scenes ever seen on the big screen. It included thundering special effects and it just gave out a dazzling vibe that you just had to see.

The Matrix is set to be the next 'Metal Gear Solid 2' to hit the PS2 and obviously it's going to be a must-have for PS2 owners. The film was truly stunning and it topped the charts for weeks. Gamers, look forward to a truly great gaming experience and for now, keep your pads in good shape for this must-have title.
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:23
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Dave, it was a great film! I mean, look at most movies and you'll see that they're not all full of action because they have to follow the storyline up! A perfect film would be action-packed and nowadays we don't see many action-packed films, that is why The Matrix was so good. I thought it was action-packed and most of the action was actually interesting. At the time of its release there were hardly any films like that. Still, I know that The Matrix is going to be remembered for a very long time, as well as the game!
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:17
PS - Your posting in the wrong forum!!!
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:16
I disagree here. I thought this film was really bad. Yes the special effects were very good but that doesn't just make a film.

The start is slow. In order to make a viewer interested in a film I think there has to be a good start. Also the plot was too complicated for some people. I must admit the ending is very good but that is only half an hour of it. I was getting bored of it in the middle. Could have been a lot better if they had put a bit more action during the middle part.
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:09
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I'm sure most of you have seen the Matrix and would mainly agree that it was one of the best films to hit the big screen. In with it came great special effects, a great storyline and non-stop fast-paced action. There was a certain thrill that rushed through your body whilst watching this film. Everything about it kept your eyes peeled to the Tv screen.

Neo, our hero, has been selected as 'the chosen one' to destroy the wrongs in the totally different world, The Matrix. While everyone else thinks they're living in a normal world, Neo soon finds out he isn't. It isn't long until he joins a group who are trying to fix the matrix. This is where all the special effects come in.

I can't remember what colour pill he chooses (blue or red), but I know the pill he chose sent him tumbling down certain flowing tunnels, and he came out of it with a drilled whole in the back of his head. This leads to one of my favourite parts of the film, The Training. Neo is put on a chair, whilst a lead is plugged to the back of his head. This leads sends him to a virtual training world, where he's trained by the leader, Morphius. Suddenly, action-filled music introduces one of THE best scenes of the film. Morphius and Neo start to fight (not for real) and every movement made was spectacular. Kung-Fu was Morphius' style and Neo's style was partially different because back in the Matrix, the computer changed from certain Martial Art styles to suit Neo. A truly fantastic scene.

But the bit of The Matrix that has made it so popular was when Neo, as well as those agents, started dodging bullets. First-time watchers of this film were sure to be mind-blown when they saw this. The slow-mo, bullet-time special effects were amazing and all credit goes to the producers of this truly classic film. The agents seemed like real hard guys with their cool dark glasses and snazzy suits. Did you see the fighting scene in the Subway, that was fantastic too. Neo and the leader of the agents were having one of the most impressive fight scenes ever seen on the big screen. It included thundering special effects and it just gave out a dazzling vibe that you just had to see.

The Matrix is set to be the next 'Metal Gear Solid 2' to hit the PS2 and obviously it's going to be a must-have for PS2 owners. The film was truly stunning and it topped the charts for weeks. Gamers, look forward to a truly great gaming experience and for now, keep your pads in good shape for this must-have title.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.