GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"At last an exclusive realistic racer on Cube....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/06/03 at 21:51
Regular
.....okay it's cel shaded but looking bloody sweet.

GT Cube, a lot of you probably already know about it but there's been some game footage relesed at last. It looks very Auto Moddelista (which is also coming out updated from the PS2 version later this year)

Download the video and some screens here...

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4661
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:51
Regular
.....okay it's cel shaded but looking bloody sweet.

GT Cube, a lot of you probably already know about it but there's been some game footage relesed at last. It looks very Auto Moddelista (which is also coming out updated from the PS2 version later this year)

Download the video and some screens here...

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4661
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:02
Regular
Who cares?

As long as it plays well, I'm happy.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:05
Regular
Burnout and 2 are all I need.
I think.

For now.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:48
Regular
I think this is just what the GameCube needs. It's an equivalent for those who enjoy the likes of Project Gotham Racing and Gran Turismo 3 but also has this cel shaded look, meaning it won't be dismissed by fans of quirky games, or haters of realistic racing sims.
Tue 03/06/03 at 22:50
Regular
Couple of questions..

Who's developing this? And what does the 'GT' stand for?
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:05
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
TGMbloke wrote:
> cell shaded

Cel

And since when isn't Burnout 2 realistic?!?!

:c)
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:07
Regular
GT is Gran Turismo I think?! Sega Gran Turismo was the Dreamcas's alternative to Gran Turismo on the Playstation. I love racing games and in a minute I will nip over and download the video to see what it looks like :)
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:25
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Yuck!! why oh why cant it look like the ps2 GTs?? that would be the ultimate comparison game coz it would run much better than the equivalent Ps2 game, the cel shaded look does look kinda cool though
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:25
Regular
Hmm. If that's the case, then Gran Turismo is an actual racing term. Not, as I previously though, a licensed franchise name owned by Sony.
Tue 03/06/03 at 23:28
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
> the cel shaded look does look kinda cool though

Yeah, I think so too. Like I said - it's a game that'll attract all sorts, thanks to this clever presentation style. However, what I've noticed (and this is particularly apparent in the screenshots on C-E, particularly bottom right) is that the graphics do look rather bland. I hope they'll include a fair bit of detail and make the tracks and vehicles look a bit more interesting come release.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.