GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A VERY HARD QUESTION"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 00:34
Regular
hello. Please only try and rely to this if u got a good idea about physics. I'm not tyrin to be rude but it is HARD

I've been reading a few books on 'the big bang', and they all say one thing. There was nothing, but then there was somrthing. Matter and anti matter are given for this, saying that particles pop in and out of existence. They appear in two parts, and when they combine again the matter disappears. However, the books say there is a little too much matter to the anti matter (0.01 per cent extra), so when all the molecules recombined, matter was left over, and that is what started the big bang.

My questions are this:

1) How the hell can matter in any form pop in and out of existence? thats impossible by the very basic laws of physics.

2) why is there more matter than anti matter?

I'm no Edwin Hubble, so please explain this in as simple a term (or terms) as you can. Thank you.
Mon 29/10/01 at 11:11
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Edwin25 wrote:
> well thanks for all the help.

Does anyone know where i can buy a copy of the
> book 'the emporers new mind' it sounds extremely useful.

I got it frm Smiths I think, but most good bookshops will have it. If not you can order it, I think it's about £7. The ISBN numberr is 0192861980. Check Amazon, I'm sure that they'll have it.
Sat 27/10/01 at 21:36
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
1) How the hell can matter in any form pop in and out of existence?
> thats impossible by the very basic laws of physics.

U must remember where the matter and antimatter came from... nothingness! And in this void of nothingness there existed different laws of physics from those that exist in our space-time universe...

The only theory that I can think of to explain this is Superstring... the idea that all particles and forces in our universe are, in fact, just the vibrations of particles moving in the 26th and 10 dimensions... it's at the top level of a physics degree, and if you want to know more, I recommend a book called "Hyperspace" by a chap called Kaku. It doesn't answer your specific question, but is still a great read, explaining everything from how we can "see" the fifth spacial dimension (not time!), and goes on to talk about the unification of all forces in superstring theory.

2) why is there more
> matter than anti matter?

Again, no one is entirely sure, and there are so many theories... the problem is that you can't prove any of them!

I'm no Edwin Hubble, so please explain this in as
> simple a term (or terms) as you can. Thank you.
Sat 27/10/01 at 20:51
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
More simply!?!?!? Thatís the simple answer, its in everyday language.

I'll try shortly here, basically to produce the excess matter three conditions must be satisfied.

1) When the matter and anti matter particles collide they create energy. When a lot of them collide at the same time a high amount of energy is created, meaning high temperatures! At these high temperatures both matter and anti-matter is created from other particles. At high temperatures we can still create the same amount of matter as anti matter, so we need a second condition that selects or biases the creation of matter over anti matter!

2) The universe is already bias over the amount of matter to anti matter is about, so there is already more matter than anti matter. In order to make sure that as the universe cools (from energy in step 1) that any excess matter isnít removed, in order for this we need a third condition.

3) At the high temperatures the particles donít have any mass, but as the universe cools they gain a mass. Because these particles have a mass they attract other 'mass' particles (this is what gravity is about)! So all the matter groups together to form the universe!

Hope that helps! I can get any simpler than that!
Sat 27/10/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
look, science is life. This was the most appropriate place for my post.

And thanks for the help ace-grag but i am a bit thick. Please explain ur idea more simply, and in a smaller amount of space if u can. I appriciate the help.
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:49
Regular
OK Youre scaring me now! :-D
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:47
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Which sun? There is loads of them, the other name for them is stars! And they all shine in the same place (unless they are shooting stars, its just their light that they emit that moves! So on the tabl is where the sun dont shine, thats just where the light from the shining star bounces of before going into someones eye!
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:44
Regular
Go stick a bunsen burner where the sun dont shine!

:-D
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:37
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Science tries to explane life! Without it you wouldnt have many things that we have today as well, such as your games console!
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:34
Regular
Is this forum Life and Sport.......... or a blo*dy science lesson! :-D
Fri 26/10/01 at 21:33
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Yeah, what he said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.