GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is cheating really worth the hassle?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/10/01 at 00:31
Regular
From what I've learnt, HELL NO! Clever Mr Nice Guy rightly found me out, I copied three reviews from a website. It was totally wrong of me to sink so low and try and win the easy way. Many come on this sight to have the opportunity to win a free game and many just come on for their reward. Wrong! That shouldn't be the case. People should gather here to discuss different topics, some that might make you win! Not topics raised just for winnings sake. This was the stupid mistake I made in the reviews section of special reserve. I cheated. I copied some quite attractive reviews for the chance of winning gameaday! That was totally wrong of me and I admit. I'm now actually thanking Mr Nice Guy and others out there for setting me right, even with, what I found personally, interrogating remarks. From these comments I know that regulars here mean business, so a few words of advice for you newbies. DO NOT CHEAT! No matter how tempted you are, resist and create your own topics/reviews and don't make the damn wrong mistake I did. Copying is for thick losers who can't think of their own contributions, so believe me, DON'T COPY!!!
Fri 26/10/01 at 15:46
Regular
"Digging!"
cheating to win GAD is evil.
Fri 26/10/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Thanks for allowing me to throw comments back at you, MJSwerve, because I feel I have to. You're saying that my grammar's bad! You can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're", so before you start dissing my grammar, I suggest you take a good, hard look at your recent post. And you think I wander around to different forums, eh? Well, the thing is, this is the first forum I've been to since gaining Internet Access.
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:55
Regular
Reload wrote:

If you'd
> bothered to actually read my other debates on this matter you would've noticed
> that I already explained that SR aren't stupid! They know a copied review when
> they see one! And once again how the hell can you copy a discussion?

' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,' ,

Sr may not be that stupid, ut it seems to me that YOU are Reload. NOw throw whatever comments you wish at me for saying this, but in fact your not very clever at all are you? I read your topics that you posted when you didn't use to reply. I was VERY impressed. Mr Nice Guy showed me that you were a cheater a while before confronting SR about it. I at that precise moment deicided you weren't so good after all.

You replies are nothing short of stupid, hardly ever knowing what you are talking about. Your grammar isn't up to much.....compared to those wonderful topics "you" wrote and for the love of god....its plain to see how you oculd copy a discussion. What you do is you wander over to another forum.....i.e Edge magazines one and you select all, copy and paste one of them here. Understand now?

MJ

P.s How old are you Reload?
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:44
Reload wrote:
> Dave From Ilson wrote:
> I think cheating in this sort of way could also be
> called stealing. There trying
> to take SR's games for something that they
> haven't produced. They definately do
> not deserve anything.

If you'd
> bothered to actually read my other debates on this matter you would've noticed
> that I already explained that SR aren't stupid! They know a copied review when
> they see one! And once again how the hell can you copy a discussion?

Reload what are you going on about?
What you've just wrote has nothing to do with what I wrote.
As someone mentioned earlier, why did you even open this thread. Totally pointless in my mind. It digs yourself in a deeper hole.
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:41
Regular
Dave From Ilson wrote:

It would have been alot
> better to have ASKED him not to write in capitals, and not told him he is an
> idiot. I also remember it was you earlier who moaned about reload using bad
> language. Using bad language is bad, so is callin other people. There is no need
> for any of them.

< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >

If I had asked him he would have probably said no. Now he has gone and made a new pointless topic with a certain swear word included, uncensored. I know you shouldn't use bad language...I have been banned twice because of it. I don't want to see others being banned for swearing so I disaprove if I see anyone doing it.

CapichÈ?

MJ
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:40
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Dave From Ilson wrote:
> I think cheating in this sort of way could also be called stealing. There trying
> to take SR's games for something that they haven't produced. They definately do
> not deserve anything.

If you'd bothered to actually read my other debates on this matter you would've noticed that I already explained that SR aren't stupid! They know a copied review when they see one! And once again how the hell can you copy a discussion?
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:37
MJswerve wrote:

> and if someone reads that without reading the original it can make many people look stupid. I mean, take you for instance....

I know, I have learnt from my mistake. I should be a regular fairly soon, I have all day to post :)

I agree with the stealing part. Someone took a lot of their time to think of a great review for the site and then someone comes along and takes it... Not very fair at all.
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:36
This isn't the friendliest place around is it MJ?

It would have been alot better to have ASKED him not to write in capitals, and not told him he is an idiot. I also remember it was you earlier who moaned about reload using bad language. Using bad language is bad, so is callin other people. There is no need for any of them.
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:32
Regular
Dave From Ilson wrote:

I know I am only a newbie but I think this time he
> should be let off as I think hes learnt his lesson. If he does again then I
> think it should be bye bye Mr. reload....

Your a newbie....you aknowledged that. Because of this fact your comment was perhaps a bit lacking. He may be a Newbie, but what he did was wrong. If anyone else did it they would be banned as well, I remember seeing people come onto this site ages ago and get banned for one copied review, let alone two or more. Ban the sucker I say.

MJ
Fri 26/10/01 at 13:30
Regular
fosbe1 wrote:
> YOU MAKE ME SICK THE PERSON WHO COPIED THE REVIEWS YOU SHOULD GO AWAY AND NEVER
> RETURN DO U REALISE THE 2 GAMES THAT U HAVE ONE ARE HORRIBLE BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE
> ROTE THERE OWN REVIEW AND TAKEN THERE TIME UP WHERE AS YOU UYOU JUST GO AND COPY
> THE REVIEWS IF I COULD SPIT ON YOU I WOULD.

First of all, your an idiot....secondly I don't really like you. Finally don't type nearly all of you post in capital letters....oh wait, one more thing, talk in proper english, not text language or I am going to get Big Mental Frankie round your grannies to duff her up.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET
> RID OF THE NEWBIE THING AND GET A REGULAR SIGN INSTEAD?

You have to make over 300 posts, with more than 10,000 words and you also have to be a member for over 21 days. Now shut up and stop asking the same queston in multiple topics.

you may think i am a bit werd well if u
> do u are correct well done

Anyone who admits they're weird needs help........

MJ

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.