GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Assassin's Creed 2 - Review by Starmatske"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Assassin's Creed 2'.
Mon 24/05/10 at 21:13
Regular
"Peace, love and R&a"
ASSASSINS CREED 2 REVIEW by Starmatske

Assassins creed 2 was the reason I got my ps3, and to tell you the truth, I wasn't disappointed at all. My hands were trembling when I inserted the disk into my console and heard the first tunes of the new assassins game.

Assassins creed 2 nailed it in terms of graphics for me, I was really impressed by renaissance Italy. If you are someone who judges from the graphics, this is a game for you.
I really enjoyed the story in ac2. In terms of game play, it's smooth as the ocean. The game links the chapters in a beautiful way and really improved the game itself.

Now what is so different from AC1? Well, where to begin? The first and most notable difference is the incorporation of a complete economic system, you are able to buy new weapons, armour, gadgets and what not. You can also spend your money on your local 'hideout', which is the small town of monteriggioni, this town functions as your base and home. You will receive missions here, and all your gear and armour is stored here as well. You can also improve this town to make it bigger and better, you have access to better shops, items and so on. Second, there are a lot of new weapons to choose from, this time around you have two hidden blades, a poison blade, a pistol, a sword, a short sword, smoke bombs and of course your bare hands. There are lots of new ways to 'dispose' of your enemies this time.

The weapons are very well balanced and are enjoyable to toy around with. Although I usually went with the weapons I had, although it is fun to go about and start bashing skulls with a war hammer.
Ezio is your typical Italian noble, rich and way too certain of his cause. Throughout the game you will get better, which is a great aspect, you aren't superb right from the start.
Now what is it that is so different about the characters? Well you still play with Desmond, who will now be relocated to another Animus, this time it's actually fun to play as Desmond and not just a 'wake up, sleep, animus again' routine. This time he actually DOES something! As I said before the story is beautiful to play through, and for those who played through AC1, you'll get some smiles on your face from this game. There are a few references to the first game and I really liked that. Furthermore it's the same old fight against the templars who are after the pieces of Eden, a fight that goes on to this day.

Now what is more fun to team up with Da Vinci himself? They really got to the character this time, I really enjoyed him and really got to see him as that 'friend'. Which brings me to the characters, the are really well done and you can relate to them. It's great to see that Ubisoft gave them characters, and not just a grim figure you have to interact with. There are cut scenes where you will have to use your controller to decide the outcome, if you're not fast enough, it might go the other way around, this is the only minor 'let down' for me, this isn't as important as it should be. If you miss a button, though luck, but you almost won't notice the difference. Also, don't be afraid of the terrible 'eavesdropping, pickpocketing,...' missions any more! They are fully integrated into the storyline and are really fun to do! And, don't worry about the millions of flags, they are replaced by 100 feathers, and I found them all, it's definitely do-able this time. You even get rewards for getting them all, they aren't as rewarding as they could have been, but bragging rights come along with it. There are also lots of puzzles to do in-game, in the interface. You don't have to do them at all, but it's nice to get some information about the guy who painted your room, remember?

This is also worth mentioning, Ubisoft is launching the 'Uplay' software, and AC is one of the supported games, you can get some cool stuff out of the game by simply playing it, this includes an extra set of throwing knives, an Altaïr character model, a new map and a ps3 theme. It's a very nice add-on, considering it's free!

Overall I really enjoyed this game and it is a great choice is you are in to open world games, because you can literally do what you want when you want.
If you are able to pick it up I would recommend to do so, this game doesn't disappoint and you will have fun with it!
Mon 24/05/10 at 21:13
Regular
"Peace, love and R&a"
ASSASSINS CREED 2 REVIEW by Starmatske

Assassins creed 2 was the reason I got my ps3, and to tell you the truth, I wasn't disappointed at all. My hands were trembling when I inserted the disk into my console and heard the first tunes of the new assassins game.

Assassins creed 2 nailed it in terms of graphics for me, I was really impressed by renaissance Italy. If you are someone who judges from the graphics, this is a game for you.
I really enjoyed the story in ac2. In terms of game play, it's smooth as the ocean. The game links the chapters in a beautiful way and really improved the game itself.

Now what is so different from AC1? Well, where to begin? The first and most notable difference is the incorporation of a complete economic system, you are able to buy new weapons, armour, gadgets and what not. You can also spend your money on your local 'hideout', which is the small town of monteriggioni, this town functions as your base and home. You will receive missions here, and all your gear and armour is stored here as well. You can also improve this town to make it bigger and better, you have access to better shops, items and so on. Second, there are a lot of new weapons to choose from, this time around you have two hidden blades, a poison blade, a pistol, a sword, a short sword, smoke bombs and of course your bare hands. There are lots of new ways to 'dispose' of your enemies this time.

The weapons are very well balanced and are enjoyable to toy around with. Although I usually went with the weapons I had, although it is fun to go about and start bashing skulls with a war hammer.
Ezio is your typical Italian noble, rich and way too certain of his cause. Throughout the game you will get better, which is a great aspect, you aren't superb right from the start.
Now what is it that is so different about the characters? Well you still play with Desmond, who will now be relocated to another Animus, this time it's actually fun to play as Desmond and not just a 'wake up, sleep, animus again' routine. This time he actually DOES something! As I said before the story is beautiful to play through, and for those who played through AC1, you'll get some smiles on your face from this game. There are a few references to the first game and I really liked that. Furthermore it's the same old fight against the templars who are after the pieces of Eden, a fight that goes on to this day.

Now what is more fun to team up with Da Vinci himself? They really got to the character this time, I really enjoyed him and really got to see him as that 'friend'. Which brings me to the characters, the are really well done and you can relate to them. It's great to see that Ubisoft gave them characters, and not just a grim figure you have to interact with. There are cut scenes where you will have to use your controller to decide the outcome, if you're not fast enough, it might go the other way around, this is the only minor 'let down' for me, this isn't as important as it should be. If you miss a button, though luck, but you almost won't notice the difference. Also, don't be afraid of the terrible 'eavesdropping, pickpocketing,...' missions any more! They are fully integrated into the storyline and are really fun to do! And, don't worry about the millions of flags, they are replaced by 100 feathers, and I found them all, it's definitely do-able this time. You even get rewards for getting them all, they aren't as rewarding as they could have been, but bragging rights come along with it. There are also lots of puzzles to do in-game, in the interface. You don't have to do them at all, but it's nice to get some information about the guy who painted your room, remember?

This is also worth mentioning, Ubisoft is launching the 'Uplay' software, and AC is one of the supported games, you can get some cool stuff out of the game by simply playing it, this includes an extra set of throwing knives, an Altaïr character model, a new map and a ps3 theme. It's a very nice add-on, considering it's free!

Overall I really enjoyed this game and it is a great choice is you are in to open world games, because you can literally do what you want when you want.
If you are able to pick it up I would recommend to do so, this game doesn't disappoint and you will have fun with it!
Tue 25/05/10 at 22:36
Regular
"How Ironic"
Great review :) keep it up!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.