GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shigeru said:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/10/01 at 22:38
Regular
now dont blame me if I got this a bit wrong, I may have mis-translated it from Japanese.

"Look at the games I have produces so far for the Gamecube. Can you not see that they are aimed at a certain audience? Look at pikmin, at Luigi's mansion - these are not difficult or complex games, you know this you've played them. Look at what else is coming, look at Link's evolution, at the way Mario looks, hardly gritty, is it?

What I'm trying to say is that the Gamecube will not be a console for everyone. In fact we are working on very few games that will challenge the more experienced gamer, the Playstation2 is more geared towards them.

The Gamecube is a fascinating piece of hardware, and we are all very proud of it, but please, it won't be for you if you want blood and guts, we don't want to alienate our main target audience, the young teens, and pre-teens."

So there you have it, straight from the horses mouth. The Gamecube IS geared towards a younger audience. If you want to read it yourself it's on www.nintendo.jp but it's in Japanese.

It's quite obvious that there's a problem between some of the top people at Nintendo, with Shigeru Miyamoto making this statement as the rest of the company are trying to suck in older gamers with the likes of Resident Evil.

What do you think of this statement?
Sun 23/05/10 at 22:50
Regular
Meet at the usual place 6.15 set off for a ride up the pike, Winter Hill & down the back side & maybe more.
Fri 26/10/01 at 12:18
Regular
Your read Japanease?

Okay if you say so, but the fact is that Pikmin is a complex game, it's just got cartoony graphics. Think one of them real time combat games with cute characters.
Fri 26/10/01 at 12:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What he meant to say was:

Gamecube will be good.
I apologise for Lylat Wars, I feel ashamed.
Look at that mental pic that Grix posted and understand that is how I feel inside as well.

Please forgive me for Lylat Wars, I was mashed out of my tree on monkey juice.

Domo Arigato
Fri 26/10/01 at 12:10
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Heh, I agree with Wookie, 'ere. Smells like a red herring to me, eh!

Nope, can't say that it sounds like what Shigsy would say to be honest, and if he DID say something along those lines, I can guarantee that it will have a heavy mention in NGC magazine. So, until then, me 'arties, I'm believing nothnin'!

:D

SHOCKY
Fri 26/10/01 at 12:03
"High polygon count"
Do you all think that this is genuine?

*Sniffs the air*

I don't.
Fri 26/10/01 at 11:32
er.... in case there's a market for them?

I find it hard to believe that nintendo would direct anyone to another console. makes no sense.
surely they can cater for an older generation as well as keeping the younger generations happy?
Fri 26/10/01 at 11:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OrÜega wrote:
> He is only saying that he himslef is producing games geared towards a younger
> audience. He aint mentioning nothing about all third party more mature stuff.

But surely the 3rd parties will get the message. What's the point in developing mature titles when Nintendo themselves have said they don't want them?
Fri 26/10/01 at 01:35
Regular
He is only saying that he himslef is producing games geared towards a younger audience. He aint mentioning nothing about all third party more mature stuff.
Fri 26/10/01 at 01:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well, he's only confirming what we all really know.
Fri 26/10/01 at 00:12
What do I think of that statement? Bold.

You read Japanese then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.