GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YOU HAVE NO TALENT : WHY YOU MAKE MONEY?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/10/01 at 20:58
Regular
I am fed up with the pointless drivel in the music industry that doesn't even attempt to get close to the mediocre line. Why are all these talentless people making so much money?

Look. Geri Halliwel, you can't sing to save your life, would you kindly shut up and choose a career you're skilled at. Every single song she has released has been incredibly successful, yet she her voice is bland and as drier than a desert, she think's she's pretty just because she's thinner than Mrs Beckham, she looks like a mixture of Madge Bishop from Neighbours (deceased as a character now anyway) and a shocked barn owl. No offence or anything...

That's not all.

Pop Music - why is it so popular? Because it's called pop = popular music, it sounds happy and jumpy, and samey - but more importantly the 'popstars', as common as they are, can't really sing that well, have less creativity than a roundabout, but oh, they can smile when they mime - how sweet!!

Not.

Steps - utterly pathetic. No offence to any Steps fans, but this group are just awful.

No more naming, but you know what I'm talking about. They don't write their own music, can't play an instrument, but mime well, and if they're called H and look happy they can get away without singing anything.

I think it's crazy that decent music, dance music for example, doesn't reach the number one position in the charts more often, and is just ignored. So what if this music doesn't always have vocals? It's amazing to listen to and can put you in a really euphoric mood.

Anyway,

Rant over - more dance and trance music, less rubbish, respect to Linkin Park, Uncle Kracker and Eels.

Dan2K1

Tell me what you're thinking!!
Thu 25/10/01 at 20:58
I am fed up with the pointless drivel in the music industry that doesn't even attempt to get close to the mediocre line. Why are all these talentless people making so much money?

Look. Geri Halliwel, you can't sing to save your life, would you kindly shut up and choose a career you're skilled at. Every single song she has released has been incredibly successful, yet she her voice is bland and as drier than a desert, she think's she's pretty just because she's thinner than Mrs Beckham, she looks like a mixture of Madge Bishop from Neighbours (deceased as a character now anyway) and a shocked barn owl. No offence or anything...

That's not all.

Pop Music - why is it so popular? Because it's called pop = popular music, it sounds happy and jumpy, and samey - but more importantly the 'popstars', as common as they are, can't really sing that well, have less creativity than a roundabout, but oh, they can smile when they mime - how sweet!!

Not.

Steps - utterly pathetic. No offence to any Steps fans, but this group are just awful.

No more naming, but you know what I'm talking about. They don't write their own music, can't play an instrument, but mime well, and if they're called H and look happy they can get away without singing anything.

I think it's crazy that decent music, dance music for example, doesn't reach the number one position in the charts more often, and is just ignored. So what if this music doesn't always have vocals? It's amazing to listen to and can put you in a really euphoric mood.

Anyway,

Rant over - more dance and trance music, less rubbish, respect to Linkin Park, Uncle Kracker and Eels.

Dan2K1

Tell me what you're thinking!!
Thu 25/10/01 at 21:06
Regular
"Wasting away"
Ok ok. To start with it's all a matter of taste to this, I hate Steps and have the same feelings as you, but what makes them worse is they get all of this credit and yet do they write the songs or play the instruments? No. The Corrs, well they do both and once again they're not everyones cup of tea.

If you've watched any of that Pop Idol, then you'll see just how difficult it is to be in a group like 'Steps' regardless of just how bad they are. The same applies to things like Soaps and not just anyone is up for the job. Arnold Schwa...... (Can't spell it right), everyone says he can't act but once again, he'd beat me at acting anyday alone with probally any person here. It's all about confidence and determination.

But the thing that I don't approve of is how much damn money they get. Signourney Weaver is getting paid a staggering $15,000,000 for Alien 5 and if you ask me that is absoltley ridiculous for doing something that won't take years, but as little as months. Most people wouldn't earn that in a life time and yet for doing some acting she gets paid that some of money.

And what do they do with this money? Do they donate it for the good of mankind as they have too much? Well I don't hear about it and I doubt you have either, think of those countries and people who need that money so much more then them and the difference they could make.
Thu 25/10/01 at 23:20
Hmm, a kind of bitter twist to the end, but I like your reply but I think those who are the judges in the Pop Idol show are really very, very tight, those who do get through have amazing voices. Steps tho'? Really...

Confidence yes, but also presences and aesthetics - they look the part, all shiny and happy, so they fit the part, Arnie can't act, but the roles he plays, he fits like an Austrian smoked Cheese.

The thing is, it's so difficult to get into the music industry, if you're an actor or something it'll be dead easy but for people with real talent, not necessarily vocal talent, as most music isn't word based, it's just near impossible.

Anyway, Minimalistix: Struggle for Pleasure, Transfer: Possession, very nice :0)
Thu 25/10/01 at 23:29
Regular
"Wasting away"
Ah ha, so you feel after leaving me 2 hours that you can finally reply? Well you are sadly mistaken, I've bene tearing my hair out and I'm not on about the hair on my head, worrying. Ok, I'll shut up now. But I don't understand a word of what you just said, I'm 14 years old and I hate reading, infact I think my last book I read was probally 'The Sheep Pig' back about 5 years ago now.
Fri 26/10/01 at 22:23
More people read and reply please.
Sat 27/10/01 at 12:36
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Erm......no.
Sun 28/10/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I know I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but it is only MY opinion and don't take it personally.
you say that pop music sounds all the same. I agree with you, but I think dance and trace music all sounds the same too. There's all these types: House, Garage, Jungle, I can't tell the difference!!! Sorry if I'm offeding any1. The only music I can claim to love is Punk Rock, and the only Punk Rock the general public has ever heard is blink182 GreenDay and Offspring. Oh and occasionaly Less than Jake (but that's Ska Punk!). Anyways buy some Punk or Hardcore if you're feeling particularly adventurous.

There's a sampler ( well loads actually ) Try any of these:

Punk O Rama 6
Live Fat Die Young
Another round of Golf (vol3)

they're all pretty cheap (usually around a fiver each) and well worth it!
Mon 29/10/01 at 18:21
I guess people who are into a genre of music will recognise the differences in it.
Tue 30/10/01 at 22:22
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah as long as u r into a genre of music it is better than just listening to anything that comes on the radio.

THE RADIO SUCKS!!!
Wed 31/10/01 at 00:23
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
If you can make your millions selling CDs and can't sing you have tallent. Mrs. Halliwell must have something to make people ruh out and buy her CDs.

She may not have any tallent by your definition, but if you can get someone to give you a record deal and mulit-million pound backing in advertising and promotion then your tallanted. You've poliched a t--d, so to speak - and that takes tallent.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.