GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Frustration the key?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/10/01 at 12:47
Regular
I've just got a short topic for you lovely people.

When we play games does frustration play a big part in making you come back for more? Is frustration the key? Well when we think about it may seem silly but in some cases very true. Think about racing games like Gran Turismo, we sometimes get very annoyed but instead of giving up the frustration gives us more determination and we won't stop playing until we win. As humans we are very stubborn so in our heads we think "I can't let a computer beat me!" So we go on playing and playing until we win.

What are your views on this? Do you agree or disagree?

Thanks for reading RiCkOsS
Fri 26/10/01 at 17:12
Regular
"Digging!"
you are made. i hate frustrating games.i jus pu them down and never play them again
Fri 26/10/01 at 16:01
Regular
ßÆ©AeM wrote:
> Who's this RiCkOsS kid? He sounds ace if you ask me ;)

Your mental
Fri 26/10/01 at 15:54
Regular
Who's this RiCkOsS kid? He sounds ace if you ask me ;)
Fri 26/10/01 at 10:43
Regular
Yeh, i had a SNES and broke a game cos i got annoyed with it. Then i got even more annoyed when i found out it broken
Thu 25/10/01 at 14:07
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
a little bit from colum A and a little bit of colum B, plus after the first five minutes of the temper tantrum, you just realise that you broke a £90 gameboy or a £20 pad, and that just sucks
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:46
Regular
yakumo wrote:
> None rickos, I learnt to control my anger and turn it into an uprised finger,
> but when I was twelve I headbutted my gameboy and broke the screen and cut my
> head, after that day I swore never to headbutt another game peripheral ever
> again, but now I have my lil' bro to break stuff, which he does alot!!

Lol, is your martial art that strict? Or do you just not want to cut your head on gameboys?
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:23
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
None rickos, I learnt to control my anger and turn it into an uprised finger, but when I was twelve I headbutted my gameboy and broke the screen and cut my head, after that day I swore never to headbutt another game peripheral ever again, but now I have my lil' bro to break stuff, which he does alot!!
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:16
Regular
yakumo, just out of curiosity, how many controlers have you broke? I've cracked one of mine because i threw it on the floor :D
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:10
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
its those type of games that challange your manly hood, so you have to keep going back and shouting "im gonna beat you!!!, YOU will not make a fool of me",. then when it does make a fool of you, you slam down the off button and then stick your finger up and your console, but when you beat the game you stick your finger up and your console still, but shout out "I OWN YOU!!!".
As you can no doubt guess I own alot of games of this sort :¬)
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:07
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
That's also a good fact! If the game's frustrating but you don't find it that good a game, then you can give up!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.