GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SPOOF OFF"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/06/03 at 17:07
Regular
The SPOOF OFF contest is set to take place on the 27th June (3 weeks away) - this gives everyone plenty of times to write their spoofs and have revise for their forthcoming exams too.

A number of people already have their names down for entering spoofs into the contest but all comers are welcome to give it a try. Veterans of spoofs such as Drunk Cow will be expected to enter (Or there will be trouble!)

The contest is to be judged by Mandatare and HalloHowArtThou, they will reach a verdict and accounce the winner sometime after the contest, we have to do it this way because they stole the GAD that previously decided the winner.

All questions/queries can be posted here and general Spoof Off chat is very welcome.
Fri 06/06/03 at 17:07
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
The SPOOF OFF contest is set to take place on the 27th June (3 weeks away) - this gives everyone plenty of times to write their spoofs and have revise for their forthcoming exams too.

A number of people already have their names down for entering spoofs into the contest but all comers are welcome to give it a try. Veterans of spoofs such as Drunk Cow will be expected to enter (Or there will be trouble!)

The contest is to be judged by Mandatare and HalloHowArtThou, they will reach a verdict and accounce the winner sometime after the contest, we have to do it this way because they stole the GAD that previously decided the winner.

All questions/queries can be posted here and general Spoof Off chat is very welcome.
Fri 06/06/03 at 17:14
Regular
"\\"
Kyz22 wrote:
> The contest is to be judged by Mandatare and HalloHowArtThou, they
> will reach a verdict and accounce the winner sometime after the
> contest, we have to do it this way because they stole the GAD that
> previously decided the winner.

Wow... Must have been one smart game to actually judge a writing competition.
Fri 06/06/03 at 17:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Oh it was
Fri 06/06/03 at 17:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I'll write one on the 27th June. If I can be bothered.
Fri 06/06/03 at 17:44
"slightlyshortertagl"
OK, here's the deal.

I'll be away for that weekend so A definite winner won't be chosen till Monday/Tuesday.

And another thing to all competitors;

Include me for a higher chance to win
Fri 06/06/03 at 17:51
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Veterans of spoofs such as Drunk Cow will be expected to enter (Or there >will be trouble!)

THE PRESSURE!!!

*picks up knife*

*stab stab stab*
Fri 06/06/03 at 18:06
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hehe... Maybe I'll write one... So yeah, count me in. Do we have to give a title at anytime? And do we have a specific theme? Please?
Fri 06/06/03 at 18:07
Regular
"I'm Great."
I got something in the pipe line but it's not a spoof in the sense of what everyone on this site sees as a spoof. It involes no one on this site but is kind of a spoof of an anime.

It's the next part of the one that won Mandy the spoof-off. He came up with the original idea and I did most of the writing for it. About 85% of the writing I'd say. I'm not sure if I should enter it as Mandy is a judge and I don't want that to be seen as an influence in to the final decision.
Fri 06/06/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Haze wrote:
> Hehe... Maybe I'll write one... So yeah, count me in. Do we have to
> give a title at anytime? And do we have a specific theme? Please?

No specifics at all mate, just include people from the forums in the spoof and make it as original as you can, and funny!

You don't have to reveal anything about your spoof until the day of spoof off.
Fri 06/06/03 at 19:04
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Cid Vilante wrote:
I'm not sure if I should enter it as Mandy is
> a judge and I don't want that to be seen as an influence in to the
> final decision.

I trust the judges to be unbiased, I know HHAT will be fair but I know ball-all about Mandy, guess i'll have to trust him.

You submit what you want dude and if you're called the winner, I will brand you a cheater. :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.