GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not so Solid"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/10/01 at 22:49
Regular
There's a load of rumors around at the moment that Solid 'Dave' Snake will end up dead at the end of MGS2.

Anyone know anything about this?

If it is true, how will he go?
Fri 26/10/01 at 23:51
well you never know there may be a little solid snake running about somewhere who comes onto the scene to avenge his fathers death in MGS3 if there ever is one and solid snake snr actually does die
Fri 26/10/01 at 11:42
I think its very possible that Kojima may kill him off. There's only so far you can take one character, Kojima is a fine story telker and won't want to flog that dead horse. He's put Snake through a lot.

I think we're likely to see Kojima lend his expertise to new characters in new stories
Fri 26/10/01 at 11:40
The Game wrote:
> I reckon he'd have to do something big... like dive infront of a nuclear
> missile,

Thats the funniest thing I've heard today :-)
trust me, that ain't big and it ain't clever!
Fri 26/10/01 at 11:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
Considering they're not planning on making another MGS game *sniff*, they could kill him.

But I don't think they will. And I also reckon that Kojima won't be able to resist another MGS on the PlayStation 3.
Fri 26/10/01 at 00:46
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Resvilfan wrote:
> Snake die nah, The foxdie might eventually kill him but he'll make it through
> MGS2 ;-)

Remember ninja was immune to the foxdie virus? so was sniper wolf, Raven, mantis and ocelot.

The virus mainly killed officials of the corp. This is why poor octupus dies so quick, because he's got his and the darpa chiefs blood.

Liquid and solid have the same genetic make up, so snake must be ok becausehe still isnt dead. It must be all the wierd stuff goin on.

Also liquid was the strong one, with more in common with big boss than solid. Maybe solid's 'inferior' genes protect him.

whatever happens, foxdie will not kill David Hayter (S.S.).
Thu 25/10/01 at 22:38
I recon if he "dies" it'll be like JC denton in one ending of deus ex, a sort of "He might be dead, but he might not, it's all a bit open ended" type job. Maybe running from a huge explosion. It'll go BOOM then later it'll turn out he made a miraculous escape. (although we still don't know it old JC died :P). Or maybe not.
Thu 25/10/01 at 22:22
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
nah, if snake dies, they will bring him back like they did with grey fox (ninja)

I hope they give him laser nunchuks rather than a sword though.
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
Snake die nah, The foxdie might eventually kill him but he'll make it through MGS2 ;-)
Thu 25/10/01 at 13:17
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Or ega wrote:
> People shouldnt go into this sort of stuff telling the story line. It really
> spoils the game.

I remember in Zelda:OOT that i thought sheik being Zelda
> was a pritty good twist. THe game wouldnt have been as good if i knew this
> before hand.

Take a bit of your own advice pal, im playing zelda:oot myself!!!,
Thu 25/10/01 at 02:03
Regular
People shouldnt go into this sort of stuff telling the story line. It really spoils the game.

I remember in Zelda:OOT that i thought sheik being Zelda was a pritty good twist. THe game wouldnt have been as good if i knew this before hand.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.